Register now to get rid of these ads!

Brake light wiring with 3 wire turn signal help.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Rabid Whippet, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Tyler platt

Tyler platt

Ok, sorry to dig up such an old post. But I have a few questions... First let me say I think what you all do is awesome and I would love to do a restoration build, but im currently having problems with a newer truck but you guys have such great information and know your wiring.

I currently have a 2002 superduty that I just redid the whole interior of a 2008. The only things I have left are hazards, which im working on and brake lights. My brake lights are shared with the same bulbs as my turn signals. Im wondering what relay setup I should use to make them work with the same bulbs, one filament...

I have 4 wire turn signals, two up front and two for the rear. I currently use relays from the 08 switch to operate my 02 wires. I also have one single brake light wire that goes to the 02 multifunction switch, but the 08 doesn't have it. I have to manually wire it in.

I can edit this post once im home to show you how I have them wired, if it's.of importance.

2. Hello everyone, I'm from Caracas and I would like to collaborate by attaching the following installation diagram of the hazard light switch ( 4way flasher), using as a base the drawing presented by Bob Jones--Fat Fender Hobbyist-- (bobj49f2). ADDING HAZARD SWITCH 4 WAY IN CLASSIC CARS.png