Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bought the wife a new car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jstorm, Feb 5, 2006.

1. jstorm

jstorm

MY wife has had a 47 chevy 4 door sedan for many years now. It was wrecked in the 60s so the front sheet metal was junk and it was rusted to hell. It had potential but i could not get motivated to work on it and she nagged me to work on it all the time.
    Fast forward to today.....Me and pops went to the Nashville swap meet with no intentions to buy anything. Wlaked around and saw stuff we wanted but did not need. Right before we leave we go outside in the frigid cold to lok at a few outside vendors. A buddy of mine was out there trying to sell a T he had but it was out of my price range. Sitting next to it is a 47 chevy 4 door sedan in excellent shape. I piece of trim missing and surface rust, a small hole in the drivers side floor bourd was all thats was wrong with the interior. I really didnt need it but for the price and just becuase it would be nice to build it instead of the other one i bought it. I went home got the trailor and money and told her i got her something and would be right back. 1 hour and 10 benjamins later it was home. She loved it and i am getting nookie tonight. lol. Except for it, the roadster and my flyrite all other projects are gonna be liquidated soon. I got the original wheels with it too cause he wants those on it back. We are gonna keep it as original as possible but reliable at hte same time since its hers and will be used to haul the kid.

Attached Files:

• 001.jpg
      001.jpg
      File size:
      18 KB
      Views:
    • 004.jpg
      004.jpg
      File size:
      34.8 KB
      Views:
    • 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      34.5 KB
      Views:
    • 003.jpg
      003.jpg
      File size:
      36 KB
      Views:
  2. jstorm

jstorm

one more

Attached Files:

• 005.jpg
      005.jpg
      File size:
      33.7 KB
      Views:
  3. TINGLER

TINGLER

Hey man,
    I saw that mochine today....never did see you though.

Good buy!

TINGLER

4. jstorm

jstorm

Yeah man i was lookin for you. By the time i found out where you were i had to split to give it to the wife.

5. jrsaltz

jrsaltz

GM cars from this era are starting to get real popular. That was a good buy. Drop it down low, add lakers and flames out the back (just a thought). its going to make a sick ride. Look forward to pics later.

6. jstorm

jstorm

She said i could bag it, probably pipes, skirts and a visor but other then that its gonna be mildcustom/kinda original.

7. jrsaltz

jrsaltz

A visor is a must. Plenty of Fultons out there.

8. Yeah, you better use that visor I gave you!!!!! LOL!!!!

9. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

I thought for sure she'd have been driving the Chevy LUV truck......

10. jstorm

jstorm

She hates the luv, i am torn between keeping that and letting it go. We have been talking about scaling back the projects but i love the luv. Maybe i will keep one mini, i looked for so long to find a good one and i have all the parts to finish it. We will see.

11. Maybe a useless comment, but out in California the Cholos call those cars: German Helmets". Good score. It'll make a cool Bomba.

Noticed your tag line. Many are cold, but the Frozen are few. he he Wink!

12. jstorm

jstorm

yeah, we had to haul it through little mexico in nashville and all the homies were going ape over it. It will be kinda a bomb.

13. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Cool car!
    I would love to rip that great looking dash out of one of those and stick it in something.

14. jstorm

jstorm

It still has the original radio, its missing only one knob and even has the cigerete lighter still in it. This car has just about everything it had on the dealers lot in 47. Hopefully it will be a smooth build.

15. TRIUMPH TERROR

TRIUMPH TERROR

Can I sleep in the back seat when I come to visit in march?Better yet if you can get it done by then I can have you drive me all around the Ville wearin my best cowboy getup and maybe I will run into Reese Witherspoon.BAHAHAHAHA

Cool Score I will see ya in March try to save enough money for dinner.....:D

Shoe

16. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Nice car, it will make a great family hauler! Are you sure it's not '48?

17. jstorm

jstorm

i got enough for dinner, just order of the value menu. Cant wait for march, maybe we can do some riding this year.

It could be a 48, the title says 47 but it hasnt bee titled since 54. Could be a typo.

18. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

I just noticed it had the center "T" bar on the grille, but those can come and go, or grilles can be changed easily enough.

19. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

If it's never been modified under the hood,look for polarity reversing switch on starter - '47 had it, gone for '48. Also,the '47 Fleetmaster has individual pieces of trim around the windows, in '48 it makes a loop around the glass area. All the LOF glass still intact will have date codes, too.
    You should be able to sell all the accessory stuff to clean it up ... then split the manifold and lower it ...

20. ckdesigns

ckdesigns
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ogden,Utah

Nice score. I wish my wife would drive something like that.