Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bought ANOTHER project car!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ABone312, Apr 5, 2005.

1. ABone312

ABone312

I need it like I need another hole in my head, but it was a good deal. It is a 1959 Ranchero. There is some rocker rot, and the hood is rusted from one side to the other on the front edge, floors are 85% solid, doors and tailgate are nice, fenders are in good shape. The grille is bent and the back bumper. It was a 352 FE originally with a stick, they are gone. All the glass is good except the rear window, but it is flat so will be cheap to replace. It has been off the road since 1975, if I understand right I'm the third owner. He has a clear Texas title in his name, that makes it even better. I'll pick it up probably Saturday and get some pics of it. Oh yeah, bought it for $300.

2. Ahhhh, the H.A.M.B.ers lament. I sang that tune myself last month. Sounds like a great project and you can't beat the price. What mill you gonna run in it?

3. ABone312

ABone312

It will probably run a small block ford, either 302 or 351 with an auto. Initial plan is to make it a shop truck/rolling business card kinda thing. It was an impulse buy, my bosses father-in-law told me about it an hour before I got off of work. An hour and a half later I bought it. I have always wanted one of the first three years of the Ranchero's. It is now in line with my Sportster, 1960 Thunderbird, and 1965 Falcon. If I could only find some time to work on them, fuckin' job keeps getting in the way!

4. Haha, I hear ya. Can't work on the hot rod cause I gotta pay the bills. Sounds like a cool project, post some pics when you get a chance. I've seen a lot of killer Rancho's here on the HAMB.

5. mauz27

mauz27
    from NJ

could u send me some pics of ur 65 falcon? and if ur intersted tell me the price. email me at [email protected] because im not going to be on here. thanks.