Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Boston World of Wheels for 2010-NEW INFO!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CHOPSHOP, Aug 8, 2009.

1. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

I'll agree also ..... it has looks more like your trying to attract a R .... R .... Ra .... I just can't say it .... XXX Rod crowd of participants ......not traditionalists ..... but I could be wrong.

PACO

2. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

Has anyone been to one of these shows is it worth a trip from Long Island
    I also agree about the poster, and those wheels don't belong on that car

3. I gotta agree! What about it rixpro?

4. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

OK now you have hit a nerve...
    the ISCA gives us the fliers/images etc- NOT rixpro- not me- not anyone local- you got a beef with the image? then contact THEM-

http://www.autorama.com/casi/contact.php
    Championship Auto Shows Inc.
    1092 Centre Road
    Auburn Hills, MI 48326
    (248) 373-1700

we are just trying to pass along the info to get a quality event in our area. Checked on their website and saw for each location that does a Motorama room they randomly picked images to use- the car was in some Motrama room in some locale....(and no the rims arent my taste on that car either ,but I appreciate every car)

The room is being spearheaded by a local 'tradtional hot rods dude'-Lance Ferrell from Milltown is doing a lot of the organization AND the arranging of stuff as well- we have a pretty good response for a first year of trying something new .

NO - we wont attract the same cars as Detroit- the area just doesnt warrant that -New Englanders are notorious for not doing indoor events-but do you you think just for once you could be positive and see what we are trying to do for the hobby and YOU? Working our asses off to get cars in the door for a show for you to see- we are already there , whether there are 2 cars or 200...

we are trying to do a good thing here and getting knocked down for it.Sometimes I wonder why I keep trying to pass stuff along here ...

You know what the flier is for and what the Motorama room is for.....

Seriously.
    Just my 'two cents'...

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  5. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

oh and in case anyone cares- Dana got a block of rooms at the hotel next door to the show (Doubletree Boston Bayside) for $99/ night - which is a discount from the normal $159 /night rate....Im going to sleep now so I can get up to go to work in a few hours....

6. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

Chop-Shop Customs You do realize that if you didn't make the poster then
    the comments about it weren't directed at you, and I still say those wheels
    don't belong on that car, now is this show worth making a trip from Long Island

7. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

AGAIN, know WE don't know what the Motorama room is for BECAUSE the flier's image says it's a rat rod show yet the verbage says something else.

8. Lots of good points have been brought up by a lot of members that are held in high regard on the HAMB

After reading all of the previous 97 posts, I'm going to be like Ron White and quote here "I had the right to keep my mouth shut but not the ability" (lol)....

About the artwork, flyers and artwork always come from the producer, not ISCA as noted in a previous post. I do know that the ISCA communicates closely with the producers of the various shows. If the artwork is not to your taste, or you do not beleive it represents what your event is all about you need to contact them about changing it. (Too late for this year but not for 2011)
    It has been our experience that CASI (Championship Auto Shows Inc.) is beginning to understand there is an untapped market out there regarding both potential spectators and potential exhibitors. They also are beginning to understand the overall shift from the shiney 1-800 cars to the more traditional cars enjoyed by members of this form. Having said that, I know for a fact that CASI is open to any cost effective ideas that will make their event better.

Lenny, if you are the local kingpin for the Boston event, the cars you attract will be a direct reflection of your preception of this show.
    As Denise stated, "People thinking about attending get a feel for the event through your words. They should be chosen very carefully by you. Your words regarding this event is about all you have at this point to pimp the event. A postive, fun, outgoing attitude goes a long way."
    No truer words are spoken.
    Do not read anymore into this statement that I am about to make , but I will tell you, depending on this board to make your show a success will not work. This board is but one of many great tools to get the word out about your cool event.

9. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

I am not THE point person fior the show- I am helping to get cars there, as I have done for every year I have been involved.

Now I am feeling personally attacked. And no - I havent received ONE PM in opposition of ANYTHING to do with the event- on the contrary- probably about 20 Pms and emails saying how people wanted to be a part of it and how to do so.

Dick Royer is the point person for the Boston show- call and email him about the image that was chosen then-if he makes that decision (which knowing Dick personally, I doubt highly) all I can say is the show is what the participants make it- I cant MAKE someone participate in an event-although I have been trying to show you what it COULD be-fun.

In years past the Alter Boys DID participate- from the best of my knowledge (and Tony,Pete and Eli- please tell me if I am wrong here) I dont beleive they are interested in doing it any longer....They did a really cool chop to a car there one year and the Alter Boys also had their cars in the show in one room- its actually where the idea for a Boston Motorama came from since it was received so well when it happened.

Im not sure what else to say-Seems like everyone is jumping on the bandwagon of ' bash the show' instead of giving it a chance and seeing what happens for a 1st year try at something. Thats a real shame.

For those of you who have chosen to participate in the show- I really think it will turnout great- and I will be there to help support your efforts in any way I can. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedules to do the show- I for one appreciate it.

10. Motorhead Extraordinaire

Motorhead Extraordinaire
    Alliance Vendor

Well said Lenny. I have been watching this thread since it's inception. You, Dick Royer, and everyone else behinds the scenes bust their humps to have a great Boston show.

Enough of the petty crap about images on a flier
    . It's the show, the cars, the people, and all of the fun that a great event like this can bring together.

Put down your swords and get back to what this thread is really about.

My 2 cents .....

Joe

11. Dude,
    No one is "bashing you" like you perceive they are. No one is "jumping on the band wagon" as you claim.
    With no "official" ties to CASI or the Boston show, you are letting yourself get sucked into discussions on this board that you have no official knowledge of or authority from CASI to participate in.
    If someone has championed you to recruit cars then that is great. But in the meantime, let Dick Royer do Dick Royer stuff and don't worry about it.

Feeling like you have to personally respond to every post in this thread will only make you look worse. Example being the comment...(QUOTE from your post # 94 (OK now you have hit a nerve...the ISCA gives us the fliers/images etc- NOT rixpro- not me- not anyone local- you got a beef with the image? then contact THEM- )
    Point being ISCA does not give you the flyer, CASI does. ISCA could care less about the image on the flyer, it is a CASI desicion.
    3 years ago CASI showed our club what the flyer was going to look like and we refused it. They asked what was wrong with it and we gave them our opinion. CASI asked what we would like for artwork and we submitted a draft. CASI approved the draft and within 2 weeks we had our first box of 500 on my front porch. It is really that simple. You don't have to come on this board and create drama over a flyer you don't like.

I wish your show well. I have only heard great things about it. I know Dick and he is a great guy. Boston has a long time track record of putting on a great event. hopefully with a later date mother nature will be good to you guys.

No need to respond to any of my comments, they are only my opinions that really don't count for anything in the grand scheme of things...

I'm done.

12. Flat Power

Flat Power
    from New Jersey

whats the deal with the show? is there any more room for hot rods? i would not mind going...

13. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

SCREW THE FLYER ............

Features & Special Sections

* Drag City USA racing exhibit featuring:
    o Kalitta's '67 "Bounty Hunter"
    o Prudhomme's '70 ""Wynns Winder"
    o Garlits' '60 "Swamp Rat III" '62 "Swamp Rat IV" & '66 "Swamp Rat VIII"
    * Motorama featuring Traditional Rods, Customs & Bobbers
    * Memorabilia and Toy Show

14. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

WOW...no pun intended.
    It sounds like a lot of great stuff will be there, Al.

Even though it's not in January as usual, it's still a great winter break and worth going to!

15. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

I won't be there this yr. Same wknd as HotRod Resto Show in Indy ........

16. 51box

51box
    from MA

That was really cool when the alter boys did the chop there. Ever since, the show has been a let down. Getting a club like them involved again would definitely give this show credability and point the room in the right direction. I don't care who put that pic on the flyer, that thing is a complete shit box and I wouldn't want it representing what I'm trying to accomplish with this.

17. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

i know- and i really needed to be at that show... oh well!

18. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

I guess you're not hearing a word that was said in this thread about what you say, Lenny!:confused:

If your going to promote a show on here, then do it...if not, then just don't bother...please!

Maybe we should all just say screw it and skip the W.O.W. and go to the HotRod Resto Show in Indy or somewhere else for that matter!

19. pompadour

pompadour

What a horrible car to represent what the show will be about. Come on Alter boys step in and make this a good event... I sure hope no shops in New England Build cars like that. Just to clear things up 22", tractor grilles and rusty cars are not cool!! iidssm

20. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

[QUOTE=LeadSledMerc;4913837]I guess you're not hearing a word that was said in this thread about what you say, Lenny!:confused:

If your going to promote a show on here, then do it...if not, then just don't bother...please!

Maybe we should all just say screw it and skip the W.O.W. and go to the HotRod Resto Show in Indy or somewhere else for that matter![/QUOTE]

Show info:
    [​IMG]

Motorama application:
    http://www.autorama.com/casi/olskool/boston/entry.htm

Regular application:
    http://www.autorama.com/casi/show/entry/form/boston_entry.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Over $27,500 in Cash & Trophies – AA Event

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD class=category>Best Street Machine / Comp</TD><TD class=award>$750</TD><TD class=category>Outstanding Street Machine</TD><TD class=award>$300</TD></TR><TR class=row><TD class=category>Best Rod</TD><TD class=award>$750</TD><TD class=category>Outstanding Custom</TD><TD class=award>$300</TD></TR><TR><TD class=category>Best Custom</TD><TD class=award>$750</TD><TD class=category>Outstanding Full/Rad/Custom</TD><TD class=award>$300</TD></TR><TR class=row><TD class=category>Best Truck</TD><TD class=award>$750</TD><TD class=category>Outstanding Off-Road</TD><TD class=award>$300</TD></TR><TR><TD class=category>Best Restored</TD><TD class=award>$750</TD><TD class=category>Outstanding Competition</TD><TD class=award>$300</TD></TR><TR class=row><TD class=category>Best Bike</TD><TD class=award>$500</TD><TD class=category>Outstanding Bike</TD><TD class=award>$300</TD></TR><TR><TD class=category>Best Club Display</TD><TD class=award>$500</TD><TD class=category>Outstanding Truck</TD><TD class=award>$300</TD></TR><TR class=row><TD class=category>Outstanding Club Display</TD><TD class=award>$150</TD><TD class=category>Outstanding Full/Rad Truck</TD><TD class=award>$300</TD></TR><TR><TD class=category>Outstanding Club Display</TD><TD class=award>$150</TD><TD class=category>Outstanding Sports</TD><TD class=award>$300</TD></TR><TR class=row><TD class=category>Outstanding Custom Rod</TD><TD class=award>$300</TD><TD class=category>Outstanding Sport Compact/Tuner</TD><TD class=award>$300</TD></TR><TR><TD class=category>Outstanding Street Rod</TD><TD class=award>$300</TD><TD class=category>Outstanding Restored</TD><TD class=award>$300</TD></TR><TR class=row><TD class=category>Outstanding Altered Rod</TD><TD class=award>$300</TD><TD class=category>Outstanding Display </TD><TD class=award>$100</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

[​IMG]
    Features & Special Sections

• Drag City USA racing exhibit featuring:
      • Kalitta's '67 "Bounty Hunter"
      • Prudhomme's '70 ""Wynns Winder"
      • Garlits' '60 "Swamp Rat III" '62 "Swamp Rat IV" & '66 "Swamp Rat VIII"
    • Motorama featuring Traditional Rods, Customs & Bobbers
    • Memorabilia and Toy Show
    Special Guest Appearances

* Guest appearances are a feature of the show for scheduled times. Admission does not guarantee an autograph.

• Melina - WWE Superstar
      • Friday - time tba
    • Henry Winkler - "The Fonz" from TV's Happy Days (charges a fee for autographs)
      • Friday 6:00-9:00 Saturday 1:00-4:00 & 6:00-9:00 Sunday 12:00-4:00
    • Comic Bots - Meet the Cool Comic Bots in the Town Fair Tire Booth
      • Friday - Saturday - Sunday
    Action Arena

• East Coast Championship Wrestling
      • Friday 8:00
      • Saturday 12:00, 4:00 & 7:00
      • Sunday 12:00 & 3:00
    • Boston Derby Dames - Roller Derby Demonstrations
      • Saturday:1:00, 3:00, 5:00 and 6:00
      • Sunday: 1:00, 2:30 and 4:30

<MAP name=Map><AREA href="http://www.tremec.com/" shape=rect target=_blank coords=119,101,205,139><AREA href="http://www.mactools.com/" shape=rect target=_blank coords=74,147,143,195><AREA href="http://www.summitracing.com/" shape=rect alt="Summit Racing Equipment" target=_blank coords=13,9,186,93><AREA href="http://www.meguiars.com/" shape=rect alt=Meguiars target=_blank coords=8,104,98,152></MAP>

View the winners!

If anyone has questions about participating or hotels or the show in general I will do my best to try to get them answered for you .

21. The Drag City USA Display is really cool. Got to see it last weekend.

The Fonz is really laid back now days. Still likes the ladies though.

22. gonzo

gonzo

We already have one event, its in September at the AmVets in Natick. I can't speak for the other club members on their opinions on this event but heres my take.
    First I go to this show every year, and enjoy it. As far as displaying there I don't have a trailer so I have to drive my car to the event, when it was in January that was an issue, now its in March may be less of an issue. The event is expensive for participants, if for no other reason than they kill you on parking every time you come or go during the day. The event organizers have no say in the parking at all so it's not their fault, but it doesn't change anything.
    The last time I displayed my car at WOW Robby Gordon or some other NASCAR guy was signing autographs 500 feet away and I left for an hour not realizing what was about to happen. When I came back there was foot prints on the roof, hood and fenders of my car, some parents thought it was an appropraite place for their kids to get a better view. There was no real damage but my blood still boils thinking about it. Again not the organizers fault I should have roped off the car.
    I appreciate the hard work that goes into putting on this show and am thankful for it each winter but I don't know when I will display my car again.
    John

23. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

we all do our good weather shows....cruises ect.....the people that are the rulers of this show are in detroit???? i got asked to help organize a room....i enjoy doin this so of course im helpin....the cost is steap?ect.....but its midwinter and its all we got man....we have absolutley no control over this?or the flyer art?
    i get no pay? or anything for doin this show..i just digg ol cars man.....
    i understanmd the greif from folks.....but it is out of anyones hands here....
    l;ike i say man....i just digg ol carrs..
    haha..
    just my 2 cents is all........

24. flash

flash

Speaking for myself here, not my entire club (Alter Boys), I have really fond memories of when we exhibited our cars and did the chop right there inside the show. It was a blast! But the show is a pretty expensive one and I understand some of that is out of the show's control. I suspect that a lot of the traditional crowd might shy way from the show due to the expense, and like others have said the flyer and association with Ol Skool Rodz might be a turn off for some.

I really appreciate all of the hard work Lenny does to promote the show and how good we were treated by Dick Royer. They're great guys and I wish the best for the show. I'll be there as a spectator this year, preferably during the roller derby match.

25. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

roller derby ....nice.......

26. Pete

Pete

Oh man!

Moose, was your model A approved???

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  27. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Here is the actual Motorama flier scanned for any of you who wanted to see it.
    [​IMG]

Ive also saved a copy on my website for people if they want to send in the application.
    MOTORAMA BOSTON APPLICATION

Also- here is the video of the year they did chop that rod..Sorry so short but it was hard to get in close enough to video. I wan to say Glassguy had a longer video?

28. The 57 gasser on your flyer won Peoples Chioce at our Motorama in 2009. Very nice car, and it repesents the caliber of car we try to attract for indy.

29. moose

moose

I'm not sure, but no matter I can't afford it.

30. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

That flyer is much better, and I was never saying that you shouldn't use the first poster I am sure people my sons age would get a kick out of it I was just expressing an opinion that others had pointed out that those tires don't belong on that car