Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Boston World of Wheels for 2010-NEW INFO!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CHOPSHOP, Aug 8, 2009.

1. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Also want to add the newest link to the MODEL CAR contest if anyone plays that route as well... good for the kids and older-than-kids!

[​IMG]
    MODEL CAR APPLICATION:
    http://www.chop-shopcustoms.com/shows/2010/WOWModelFlyer2010.pdf

2. moose

moose

Oh wow, I just looked at the entry form. I'd have to pay $50 to get my car in there?

3. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Just curious- did you think all these years people brought them in for free? Almost every indoor show costs $$ to enter your vehicle. I can only think of one in the area that doesnt charge...

well if people are gonna pay $15 to see the show, and pay $12 for parking (which the parking lot guys do all on their own- W.O.W. cant control that price) they want to see cool stuff- so yeah- it costs to enter your car....

Still think it would be a great time- everyone should consider it. If you went with someone for one day it would be more than $50 after entry parking and gas..... :cool:

4. moose

moose

You do have a point, it would cost me a lot either way. The W.O.W. people rake it in from both sides!;) I think I'll save my money, stay at home, and try to finish my car.

5. Don't most car show people rake it in from both sides?
    People pay to walk through the gate to be entertained, & people pay to drive through the gate to be the entertainment.

6. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Then you will be missing a pretty good show and getting a chance to see people you dont get to see a lot. In my opinion, its a great excuse to get out of the house and play with cars- even if Im just looking at them. In a day when a movie is $12, taco bell runs you $7 and a decent beer in a bar is $5 or more- Id say you get your moneys worth at the show. Especially now that we are gonna have some kick ass bands and stuff in the Motorama room -thanks to Lance (Milltown) and Rick Finamore for putting in a ton of work on this.:cool:

7. what is the cost to run it. rental and all

8. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

I dont really know the exact number ( I just work for the Boston show) .

All I do remember is being horrified at the amount as it was way more than I ever expected it would be.

And Ive been doing smaller scale and national events since 1984....

I know each celebrity that appears gets a fee, fire and police details, insurance , hall rental etc etc etc - the list goes on and on so its expensive.

9. milltownrodz

milltownrodz

bump bump...send um in folks...we want this to go down in history.......the corps have opened there eyes to this....if not now we have to wait till 100percent in may at ralphs...march is cool with me....i have cabin fever n it sucks......send in those apps folks......

10. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Lenny, is there any deal on parking for the people that show, or are they stuck payin the $12 a day for parking for each of the 3 days also?

11. 32 bowtie

32 bowtie

I did the bike show a few years ago and got a parking pass and guest pass for the show both days.I would guess it wouldbe the sametype of deal

12. hotrodroadster32

hotrodroadster32
    from Mass

They have a 35 dollor parking pass for all 3 days,atleast they did when I showed my car in there.

13. rixpro

rixpro

Pinstripers at the Boston World of Wheels, YES We are going forward with a pinstripers panel jamb got 5 artists coming so far. Looking for a couple more. We will have a 2 auctions saturday and maybe 1 or 2 on sunday as well. All proceeds go to charity. For more info [email protected] Rick Finamore Motorama Chairman Boston World Of Wheels

14. hotrodroadster32

hotrodroadster32
    from Mass

Did you ask Hartnet.

15. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

so john, it's 12 bucks a day or 3 for 35..? how generous...

16. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

on the can't other hand, i have never been, so i can't really say if it's worth it. but it isn't just 50 bucks to show. it's $85. and then what if your wife goes too? another 60? now we're talking close to 150 smackers for a hot rod show? i think i'll just go hang out in the garage...

17. TORR

TORR
    Member Emeritus
    from BOSTON, MA

I'll rather go to your house also moose!

I need another taste testing of your home brew lager!

-Torr

18. moose

moose

Come on over!

19. moose

moose

Let's not get crazy. I can't have every little piss ant stopping by.

20. moose

moose

Feel free to head on up to Maynard, General.

21. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Exactly- and you will be missing a great show this year that your fellow HAMB guys have worked extremely hard to get out there for local car guys. Take a chance- you just might enjoy yourself!

22. loosenutNH

loosenutNH

I'm going to be there. I look forward to maybe meeting some of you. I think the rigid chopper I built in my garage will be on display there at my friend Scott MacKay's booth (Thin Air Grafx). It depends if he finishes the pinstriping he will bring it there. I'm sure glad its in March...hope it continues to be!
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

23. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

Hey- we can do a HAMB meet and greet if you want at my booth Saturday night - or Sunday during the day or something- let me know.

24. loosenutNH

loosenutNH

yea, that'd be cool! I'm not sure what day I'm going yet because of work but when it gets closer I'll know for sure...
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

25. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

well Ill be there from Wed- Monday ...lol

26. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

27. loosenutNH

loosenutNH

cool, I'll be there on Sunday morning for sure!

28. rustyford40

rustyford40
    from Mass Bay

Jim is talking about putting his 34 chevy in.

29. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Not that my opinion matters or that you asked for it BUT the image that is being used to promote the event is AWFUL. If you want to attract tradtional hot rods and customs the image you use should reflect this. This piece of promotional material makes me NOT even want to attend the event as a spectator, let alone as participant.:eek:
    Well the powers that be aren't going to attract the calibur or quanity of cars like Detroit, Indy, Cinci or Chicago with the above images representing the event.

A group/club of tradtional hot rods dudes in the area really need to contact the powers that be and spearhead the room, like what is done at all the other venues where they have a great turnout of such cars.

My free 2 cents;)

30. allstarderrick

allstarderrick