Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Boss 302 rockers on BBC

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by CPT_Kill_Roy, Oct 25, 2019.

1. southcross2631

southcross2631

I looked over my notes on that motor. The cam was a Lunati .575/.600 part# 10110905.

CPT_Kill_Roy likes this.
  2. CPT_Kill_Roy

CPT_Kill_Roy

Good question. And thanks for the tips and info.

I’m trying to build some thing that some one would use for “drag week”

The car will be plated and licensed for the street and will get trailered to tracks that are far away, mostly to save on gas.

I plan to drive it on the street and have a spare set of tires.

I thought the BBC off-road Grind L88 type cam might be an option because it would be easy on rockers and valve train. Plus I can afford the Comp cams nostalgia grind cam kit.
    Honestly not willing to use a credit card on this project.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Deuces likes this.
  3. Harland Sharp has been making theses since before the Boss.
    [​IMG]

They actually made their first aluminum roller rockers in 1960. That is pretty damned traditional.

I actually have a friend that has (had) a set of Harland Sharps that he put on his BBC motor in his dragster in 1968. He is still running the same top end and Mellings oil pump on that motor. In 2003 he had a rocker that was showing a little slop he sent his rockers to Harland Sharp to be rebuilt. They called him asked him when he bought them he said '68 they sent him a new set because in '68 they had a lifetime guarantee and they wanted to honor the guarantee.