Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Borgeson Steering Box in 57 Ford

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Berzerk, Aug 5, 2021.

1. Berzerk

Berzerk

Has anybody used a Borgeson Steering Box (#800115) in a 57 Ford? Looking at installing one in my Ranch Wagon would like to see if anybody has any opinions.

2. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

3. Some of the of guys on the www.57fordsforever.com forum have them.
    "new" column.....no, but mods to the existing are necessary. I haven't heard anything but good about them. I wished they were available when I went Rack and Pinion on mine years ago. Not sure how Fatman came into the picture per mgtstumpy's above post. I think Borgenson sells direct.
    First I've heard about the column shift issue.....I'll check on that.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  4. Borgeson boxes start at around $550 and go up from there. $609 is not bad with free shipping, I'd be curious to see what else it came with. I'm considering one for my car.

5. Zax

Zax
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. 1952-59 Ford Social Group

Friend of mine just did it. He is not a member here. But I can ask him any questions you have. He did use an aftermarket column. It did cause him to have to do quite a lot of header tube refab, he runs a FE motor in his. He also runs a hydro power brake setup.

6. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have one in my '60 Ford (also have hydroboost brakes). It works really well. I have a floor shifter.