Register now to get rid of these ads!

BOP. What year did it end?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by drew1987, Dec 5, 2015.

1. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well hell when you ask a question that says one thing when you mean something else you screw with everyone's frigging brain.

You asked which year did "BOP" end "BOP" to the majority of us means a turbo 350 or turbo 400 that bolts behind a Buick, Olds or Pointiac engine that all have the same bolt pattern to bolt the trans but which isn't the same as Chevrolet's V8 bolt pattern.
    What you should have written in the first place was "what year models of Buicks, Olds and Pontiacs might have a Chev V8 rather than one made specifically for the brand. I have no frigging idea of what years or models came with Chev engines of any size as there was no real list as far as I know. You might open the hood of any late 70's up though late 80's rear wheel drive GM car and find a Chev engine but most of the time it will be in the lower price models. I'd say that is just what you will end up doing if you go that route, pop hoods on likely candidates until you find what you are looking for.

in

2. drew1987

drew1987

Right before Saturn died, they brought some German Opels over. The METAL vue, astra, and, Aura. They had planned to bring what the current Buick Regal is (nice car) over as the new Aura but were closed down, and rumor has it, Buick said "we will take it!" And there started the wildly successful new buick. They are attracted cars

Thing is, guys like me... 28, decent job, homeowner, are said by the automotive industry to want a sporty looking, sporty handling car with hard bucket seats and cockpit like feel. Many of my similar aged friends, and myself, want a soft riding soft seat simple interior six passenger sedan well-equipped for $25,000. Not to say I'd buy it new. That's pretty much the early 2000's Buick century. WHERE DID IT
    GO?!

3. drew1987

drew1987

Also, sorry for making such a crazy topic, and going even further off the beaten path, but now it's a good conversation…

4. ratrod72

ratrod72

Monte Carlo SS had BOP 200r4 up to 87 ... Prob used in Buick t type an Hurst olds behind the. 307...

5. I thought the BOP stopped when the twist came out with Chuby Checker .

6. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Yeah, and I wonder
    Who put the bomp
    In the bomp bah bomp bah bomp?
    Who put the ram
    In the rama lama ding dong?
    Who put the bop
    In the bop shoo bop shoo bop?
    Who put the dip
    In the dip da dip da dip?

7. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Kinda difficult to call the 2004R a "BOP" trans when it seems all of them have the dual pattern case from the gitgo. It's as much a Chevy trans as BOP for rear drive applications.

A "corporate" component not born into a specific division.

Ray