Register now to get rid of these ads!

BOOGITY, BOOGITY, BOOGITY!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Humboldt Cat, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Justin Case you couldn't tell, this is somewhat O/T, but:
    Who owns Daytona tomorrow, and why?
    I say either Dale, though I'm hoping for Jr. How 'bout you?

2. SwitchBlade327

SwitchBlade327

thought there was some kinda rule about nascar on here?

3. My roomate is a die hard Dale Jr fan and watches NASCAR as much as possible.I just can't get into NASCAR for some reason...

4. shoebox72

shoebox72

It's tomorrow already, I dont care who wins but I wanna see some good wrecks. [​IMG]

Billy

5. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

I usually avoid posting O/T stuff, but am a gearhead geek with this stuff, it's an automotive subject that' hard to hide on an automotive site. Don't know many people Into It, but am used to that with baseball and NPR anyway.
    Am trying to find out who on here is a NASCAR fan, will just PM 'em instead. [​IMG]

6. Spooky

Spooky

OH YOU BET I WILL BE WATCHING!!! I have a platter of my special hot wings and a cold fridge full of Drop Top Ale. I can't wait!!
    I am rooting for Elliot Sadler or Ricky Rudd.
    Although it would be really cool to see Mark Martin win it.
    As for NASCAR not being mentioned on here, I can't see why not. Ryan Newman has a '29 roadster on Deuce rails with a full on flatty, and a lot of the guys are into muscle cars and rods. Plus, this sport has its roots in speed.
    Think Thunder Road guys [​IMG].

7. I'll be tuned in too....all summer.

8. TINGLER

TINGLER

Sorry, I don't watch NASCAR.

I just dropped in cause I thought this thread was about Ray Stevens... [​IMG]

9. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

[ QUOTE ]
    I just dropped in cause I thought this thread was about Ray Stevens...

[/ QUOTE ]
    LOL- damn I miss that guy.
    Last year saw some neat background on Kurt Busch, who'd been into home-built street rodding with his dad early on.
    We air it at my Fox station; after hearing me stomp my feet at the conclusion of one of the races was airing, when Busch and Craven hooked front fenders at the finish line after a side-bashing fight (or was it Rockingham?), a guy in Production came over, astonished, never seen an operater be remotely interested airing races, much less stompin' feet and hollering. Don't know what they're missin'...
    OK, I'll fly straight 'n keep it on topic, on here. Boogity.

10. Fastsporty

Fastsporty

Nascar died when the "king" retired...... and winston stopped giving away free cigarettes to minors....

11. Gracie

Gracie

Nascar's no fun without the Bama boys.

12. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

[ QUOTE ]
    Nascar's no fun without the Bama boys.

[/ QUOTE ]
    What?! I-
    Oh, uh, I thought you said BAHA boys, or men, or whatever. "Who let the dogs out?" Put 'em back in, already! Sheesh. 'Kay... false alarm...

13. The way they treated Tim Pichmond was a crime.
    My interest in NASCAR died with Dale Sr.

14. i like watching Nascar too. i know it's off topic ,and nascar has become just a big money machine...but it still takes a lot of talent and work to put a car in the front row .or to win a race. the effort put out by the teams is amazing!

15. NASCAR=WWF gay to the hilt Delete this post Ryan!!!!!!!!!!

16. Spooky

Spooky

Yer nuts TMAN.
    I bet you think that NHRA sanctioned drag racing is okay. [​IMG]
    Say what ya want, but watching these guys hit the asphault is a genuine thrill.
    [​IMG]And lasts longer than 4 seconds.

17. [ QUOTE ]
    NASCAR=WWF gay to the hilt Delete this post Ryan!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

The Tman nailed it ! [​IMG]

18. hatch

hatch
    from house

It isn't fake....just controlled so much it might as well be.

If they could find a way to use Michael Jackson in their program, they would. It's ALL about selling advertising...and nothing else.

19. Mike Paul

Mike Paul
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I used to watch it years ago when CBS had like 7 races a year televised, then nascar sold out and went "HOLLYWOOD". Also the way they handled the death of Dale Sr. pissed me off, By putting the blame on Simpson. I come here to get away from nascar!! They have other boards for that. Not to affend anyone just my 2 cents....Mike

20. Phil1934

Phil1934

That's WWE. The World Wildlife Fund sues and won to get its initials back. WWE is World Wrestling Entertainment, not Sports and the same can be said of NASCAR or NASCAE.

21. du$ty

du$ty

not for nothing...but theres a reason 9 out of 10 good ol' boys asking me what color im gonna paint my car and something about they're buddies camero are wearing nascar shirts.nothing against ya'll...but nascar and its following is not for me.good old down home dirt track is one thing...but hell half those guys dont like nascar either.
    by the way i dont like funny car racing either.most of the time the roots are dead....knowbody asked so there it is anyway.

22. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

"Bandit, you're reckless...and you live much too hard....boogity boogity boogity..."

(honk honk)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

23. FeO2

FeO2

I LOVE stockcar racing,but that has nothing to do with NASCAR.Nascar has become a bunch of over paid cab drivers entertaining the non-car majority.If you like REAL racing,you should visit your local dirt track. [​IMG]

24. FEO2 hit it. The local action is where racing is done. I watch a few NASCAR events every year, but it hasn't been the same since about the early eighties. [​IMG]

Jay

25. FencePost

FencePost

AMEN Gracie,
    Davey God Rest His Soul !

26. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Just remember Nascar got started with old Fords running alcohol burning, Hilborn equipped flatheads.
    [​IMG]
    Damn right I'll be watching. That being said, I hope this doesn't turn into a Nascar fan fest. [​IMG]

27. Paul

Paul
    Editor

Winston has been replaced by alternate sponsors..

imagine if you will..

"how'd ya git into the Tampon 500?"

"I knew a guy who pulled a few strings"

Larry TCG

28. CherryBlossom

CherryBlossom

[ QUOTE ]
    Winston has been replaced by alternate sponsors..

imagine if you will..

"how'd ya git into the Tampon 500?"

"I knew a guy who pulled a few strings"

Larry TCG

[/ QUOTE ]

LMGDAO. Very cute [​IMG]

I think I saw a commercial that made it look like NEXTEL took over for winston. So is it the Nextel Cup now? gay.

29. And not only that, the announcers get "fined" every time they call it "Winston Cup". Gotta give up like 30 years of history in three months. THAT is what's gay to me. Right up there with the naming of ballparks and stadiums with corporation names. (shit we have no rolleyes icon. [​IMG])

Jay

30. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Hell, 95% of the races are corporate sponsored now. Just like the college bowl games. Its corporate run. All about the money.

And I'll watch every lap.

...and did anyone really associate Winston cigarettes with Winston Cup anyways?? I'll bet at least one of you didn't realize it!