Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bonneville styled 1932 tudor build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Salt Flats Speed Shop, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Ya, thanks for the idea. I think it should work out good.

2. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

I think that is the safest solution.

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Baddest Sedan ever.....well this and Tindal's Orange Crate of coarse. Rad!

4. brady1929

brady1929

sweet, badass hot rod

5. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Sorry for how long its been since I last updated. Its been a crazy couple weeks around the show and with the photo shoot.

First on the photo shoot. I will be making some posters that will be available for sale. And I will also make a limited run of around 18 prints (6 of the 3 different photo-shoots) that will be 48" x 32". They will be signed by myself and the photographer. I will keep you guys up to date on both.

Here is a teaser on the first photo shoot.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  6. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

7. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

So yesturday was christmas for me!! I bough my rodsville quickchange. Im super excited cause its already got all the machine work done on the pinion and it came with a set of gears!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Those are really nice rears. I believe Bass is a proponent of Rodsville quickies. He supposed to be using one in the '29 he was building although I am not sure if it ended up under the car. They just look the part and I bet the machining tolerances is far superior to a Culver City. Looks great dude, are you thinking polished ot natural? I like natural with super shiny black bell housings.

9. lorodz

lorodz

wow that car has the look man congrats ..now finish it already ....

10. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Ya the rodsville quick change has a lot of improvements over the originals. It has the huge pinion brace. Its made out of better aluminum. And just the fact that every machined surface is new is a major plus.

Im thinking of having it kind of semi polished. Make it look like at one time it was polished but over time its got dull.

11. hechtspeed

hechtspeed

Wow! The project is coming together.
    http://www.landracing.com/

85 Days 9 Hours 49 Minutes and...32 seconds until Speedweek! Who's counting. See you on the Salt Chris!

12. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

I got the car taken apart today. I plan on staring with the rear end and get it ready to put in the quick change.

[​IMG]

13. hechtspeed

hechtspeed

Is the flatty running? Did you drive it t the show? Sorry for the dumb question, but I didn't think it was running yet. Right? haha

14. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

no the flathead doesn't run yet. I still need to get a complete gasket.set, and water pumps.

I can't wait till it does though!

15. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

man this car just keep's getting sweeter as you go now a quick change ,can't wiat to see the plating pile ?

16. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

love these updates

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  17. Patrick46

Patrick46

Love how clean you keep your shop!!

18. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

This really does have to be the baddest '32 Sedan around. It's just so right in every sense of the word. Can't wait to see it painted.

19. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Funny thing is there wont be any more chrome on the car other than whats there already. Im painting a lot of things instead of doing chrome. Im not really a flashy kind of guy.

Thanks I try to keep it clean. Im kind of an organize freak, and since im the only one here I have no one to blame the mess on but myself.

20. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

Please shoot a video when you fire that flatty!!

21. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

I defiantly will for sure!

The motor has some neat history. It was first built in the late 60's for a 34' pickup here locally. Everything except the block and pistons on the motor now were the actual parts first used. Then in the late 90's a local guy rebuilt the motor using a new block and bored out for 80 thousands over pistons. He had to do some machining to the heads to make sure they worked with the new pistons.

So overall its got an 8BA block, merc 4" crank, full race cam, 80 thousands pistons, edelbrock heads, offenhouser 2 deuce intake with 2 94's.

Im really excited to see how much power it has. My buddy has a Dino that ill use when the cars doe to see how much it puts out at the wheels.

22. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I would have to believe that we are now seeing the new blueprint car for chopped fenderless 32 Ford tudors.
    Every time I look at the photos I see more to like. I'm sure that from now on guys will be looking at photos of that car to see just how it's done to get it right.

And folks, the man has it right. You build the car, take it out "one" time to let people see it in the bare metal and then take it back to the shop and blow it apart and finish it the way it should be finished. No future discussions on WD-40 and Scotchbrite pads on this one.

23. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

Wow, that motor sounds like a go-er! The flathead I'm putting in my 36 is a 1946 59a from another 36 Texas coupe that hadn't seen the road since 54! Harmon Collins dual coil distributor, adjustable lifters and headers, all from at least the early 50's, and clean as can be inside. It's neat to get your hands on speed stuff from back in the day!

24. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Just a quick update. I wanted the quick change to look a lot older rather than a brand new casting. So I polished it up, but left a lot of the pits there so that they would go darker. I like how it looks cause now it fits the housings in patina.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Just say it, you gave up on polishing the rest of it because polishing sucks!!! Hahaha!!! Just kidding it looks great!

26. Deuce-Merchant

Deuce-Merchant
    from BC Canada

Found this pic of Chris's 32 Sedan about 15 yrs ago, when I first got it out of Calgary Alberta Canada.

Kelly

[​IMG]

27. Great pic Kelly! The truck looks pretty cherry too!

28. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Thanks again Kelly for your huge contribution to this build!!! Here are a couple more shots that you sent me before I bought the car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

WOW ... such a humble beginning ....

PACO

30. vents

vents

Man that thing has some profile! Good Job.