Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bonneville styled 1932 tudor build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Salt Flats Speed Shop, Oct 17, 2009.

1. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

I just keep coming back and go WOW!!!! Cool ride. Waiting for open house details when you get to it. Thanks for the work of posting pics.

2. noboD

noboD

3. Just get a big piece of saran wrap for those rainy days!

4. chopt top kid

chopt top kid

If you're runnin' fast enough, there ain't no rain gonna get thru those louvers... I'm likin' this build more and more every time I check this thread, those louvers are right on. I'd be tempted to paint it red and screw on a set of moon discs... Keep up the good work...

5. hechtspeed

hechtspeed

Chris, this thread on your ride just puts a smile on my face. You're going to blow it up in August man! I can't wait to shoot it on the salt! ;) I gotta post some updates on the blog asap. So, what's next after the louvers?

6. After hearing it 100 times from everybody else, I don't know if me saying this really matters...but that is a really nice car!

You're doing a first class job and giving it a personality of it's own. Sucessful build to say the least! haha.

7. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Thanks everyone for the comments. Im just glad everyone is liking the car so far.

The sheet metal on the car is almost complete except for the floor. I now need to figure out the pedals, and steering.

8. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

9. Anderhart Speed

Anderhart Speed

10. bonesy

bonesy

Those louvers on the top insert look so cool. I love it!

11. coopsdaddy

coopsdaddy
    from oklahoma

How do you plan to finish the top(weld in ,duez,etc)
    I have a insert for a model a i am thinking about louvering but want to be able to remove it

12. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Wow its like deja vu... you put a few more in though

[​IMG]

13. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

and people told me my press wasn't big enough....
    [​IMG]

14. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

your making good progress, last time I looked you were still deciding on the chop

15. O U T S T A N D I N G !!!

Right click, save, .....right click, save....

Rat

16. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

wow this is some amazing work awesome thread

17. Southfork

Southfork

[QUOTE Im trying to go for more of a barn find look with this car so im trying to find original parts that are a little crusty.[/QUOTE]

Looking real good, Chris.

I noticed that you brazed an original radiator fill into the '32 grill shell so that you can put an original 32 radiator cap on, while maintaining a pressurized cooling system. That's pretty trick. Did you find the 'crusty' radiator cap and bezel/ceramic Ford script you were looking for yet? If so, why not post a picture of the cap etc. on the radiator? I'd like to get the flavor of how "barn-find" the ornamentation will appear.

By the way, what guage aluminum did you use for the top insert?

18. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Looking real good, Chris.

I noticed that you brazed an original radiator fill into the '32 grill shell so that you can put an original 32 radiator cap on, while maintaining a pressurized cooling system. That's pretty trick. Did you find the 'crusty' radiator cap and bezel/ceramic Ford script you were looking for yet? If so, why not post a picture of the cap etc. on the radiator? I'd like to get the flavor of how "barn-find" the ornamentation will appear.

By the way, what guage aluminum did you use for the top insert?[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I thought that would be the easiest way to still be able to have a stock radiator cap and not have to attach it to the radiator. I borrowed my buddies original cap to get it brazed on, but im still looking for one. I would love to find a pickup cap cause they were painted so they usually have really good patina plus it would match my pickup grill. Also looking for an emblem.

The aluminum is .063 3003 h14

19. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

I got the motor mounted today. I cut out a mount that bolts to the front 4 bolt holes on the front of the engine. And then has feet that bolt to the top of the cross member with some rubber pads in between. That way I can just smooth out the water pumps.

[​IMG]

Then I started mocking up my headlight bar height. Getting ready to transition that into the frame.

[​IMG][​IMG]

20. -Brent-

-Brent-

That's some thick steel, what did you use to cut it, Waterjet? Soften that bad boy up and it'll look right at home!

21. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Had a local place cut it with a laser. Really clean cuts, and fair prices.

22. TAYLOR

TAYLOR
    from DALLAS,GA.

Great build, thanks for posting.

23. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

bad ass ... looks good !

24. Black Widow Customs

Black Widow Customs
    from TUCSON,AZ

Bitchin hot rod .... cant wait to see more progress

25. krimsonghost

krimsonghost

I just came across this thread tonight, a glass of Jameson later I finished it. I am truly in awe of your metal working skills. Hopefully one day I'll be half as good as you. Plus you don't look any older than me (I'm 26). Car looks absolutely killer, and if I ever make it out to speed week, would love to come and check out your shop. By the way, I believe Coker is making repro tires like that. (just in case you burn those ones up!)
    http://store.cokertire.com/tire-styles/other/dirt-track.html

26. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I asked Dick Spadero about the 32 PU radiator cap and he said that gennies were very rare and that someone stole the gennie cap off his truck. According to Dick the closest thing to a duece rad cap is a 30/31 A gas cap. He said they dam near look the same and would fool most people.

27. DavidL

DavidL

The headlights low like that take this too a new level of bad ass.

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

28. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

I worked this morning on the hood latches. I had to modify the originals by lengthening the lower arm, and then heating and bending it so that the bracket could be bolted to the side of the frame. It works great, and has a nice original feel.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  29. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

I worked on leading the seams on the passenger door. Its ready for body work.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
  30. Salt Flats Speed Shop

Salt Flats Speed Shop
    from Utah

Got the drivers door leaded up today as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]