Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bonneville Streamliner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Michael_e, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Michael_e

Michael_e

I found this strealminer pics this morning in a folder i had forgot about. Anyway, does anyone have any information about it, like when it ran, what type of engine, who was the driver, where did it come from, is it still around in a shop somewhere??

Attached Files:

2. agentwaldo

agentwaldo
    from Ventura

Micheal,
    I have no information for you on that streamliner, but it is definitely an interesting looking car, and I would also be interested in finding out some facts concerning when and how it ran.
    Waldo

3. Michael_e

Michael_e

I can see some lettering on the top behind the canopy but just can't make out what it says. Might be the team name or something, but i really like the body style of this vehicle. Would it be wrong to copy this style with some minor modifications?

4. coupemerc

coupemerc

Looks bitchin! It reminds me of the "Screaming Yellow Zonker" rocket car that used to run at the drags.

5. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

The Ballpoint Banana. Snowmobile engine. One of the very few streamliners that start with a rope. I am told that it came to the salt many times to sit in the pits while the owner partyed. Made one slow pass. Highly popular car.

6. Michael_e

Michael_e

Thanks Rich! Do you know if there are any other pictures of this streamliner anywhere? I would like to see a front end view of it? Do you have any contact info of the current owner?
    I would like to construct something similar with a banger engine.

Thanks,

Mike

7. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I guess that's you over on Landracing.com asking about the car. And that's the right place.

8. Michael_e

Michael_e

Yep, that was me. I just posted here first. Then the light came on, Bonneville Streamliner, maybe post question on LSR site. Gosh, who would have thunk...

9. Richard Smalley

Richard Smalley

The picture you see here has the Quency Luper outboard motor in it. I drove the car in 67, "I" Streamliner. Classes have changed obviously. We built the car in Cali and I'd like to get the car back, however it won't pass spec now, I'd still like to recover it.

10. dan the upholstery man

dan the upholstery man

what up bro.....my dads car... was partners with his two friends, skip andrews and driver rick smalley.. my dad is john cavagnaro.... we would love to find the car,,,,put a hiabusa motorcycle engine in it and join the 2 club....my email is [email protected] and my dads is [email protected] would love a copy of pic if possible.. look forward to hearing from you

11. Bearing Burner

Bearing Burner
    from W. MA

When I saw the car at Bonneville in '71 or '72 it was owned by someone from the Bufalo
    NY area and ran an Evanrude outboard engine.