Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bonneville 2011 Roll Call

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hans' Rod & Cycle, Jun 15, 2011.

1. FoxSpeed

FoxSpeed
    from NorCal

What's a "greaserbelly"? Sounds like someone I would like to meet.

2. love that Fairlane...

3. I fly from Norway to Texas then drive to Utah and back...

4. I will be there, most likely driving my 49 Ford COE again. This will be the 5th year in a row for the COE.
    [​IMG]

I can't wait, been looking forward to Speedweek since New Year's time.

5. brjnelson

brjnelson

Woo Hoo! I will be at speed week this year as a spectator with my wife and sister, RV camping at the Bend, Hanging with the salt2salt team and ACME from MN, also we will ride our street bikes to Bryce Canyon after the flats.

I will be looking for you Trent.

I am afraid I will catch salt fever, as a kid I wanted small streamliner like Bill Burke.

Brian

6. kyhotrod

kyhotrod
    from Kentucky

Hope to be first timer this year (spectater) for Speed Week. How's camping at the bend? What time does everyone quieten down so everyone can sleep?

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

What days would be best for a first timer?

8. I do not have the time to drive so I purchased a plane ticket. My Mini Bike and Tent's ride may not go. Does anyone in Texas have room on their trailer for my Mini Bike and Tent? Please PM me if you can help. I'll pay you back in gas or cool T-Shirts!
    Thanks.

9. AnimalAin

AnimalAin

Final exam for a class I'm teaching at 0800 Friday, boogie to the salt early Sat AM. Should be there before the first one pushes off at noon. I'm a bend-in-the-road kind of guy....

10. firingorder1

firingorder1

The opening weekend is the busiest for racers and spectators (to see and be seen). But if you're racing every day is the best day!!

The camping at the bend is always great. You can camp away from the entry spots and find a quiet spot. But I've never found it to noisy to sleep and I usually park close to the road.

11. Man Brian, have not seen you since the Xmas party at Paso Johns? At the bend look for the copper colored Ranger with matching topper.

12. b-bop

b-bop

I will be there. Running down with Roddermonster in his 34, who is a lurker and never posts any wisdom. Also Pex with his almost done 38 COE, and a couple other yahoo's that don't post on this board. Gonna be fun, love a roadtrip!! Will be somewhere around the Bend

Attached Files:

13. I'll be there!
    ... tote-ing a couple HOT BOMBSHELLS!

14. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

May as well start obsessing about the weather now. Current pictures

Attached Files:

15. fonti

fonti

I fly from Switzerland to JFK. Then from CT with the race car and - let's keep the fingers crossed - with my model A to Bonneville...worth every second and every penny...

16. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

I will be there even if i have to bum a ride there and back....

17. kyhotrod

kyhotrod
    from Kentucky

I guess I should de-commit. I jinxed Bakersfield March Meet in 2006.

18. TV

TV

Hotrodvon and I will be there with our blown banger, Quick & Easy. Should be there by Friday morning. Look us up if you get a chance. I'm the old one.

19. Firepig

Firepig

Aren't cha afraid it'll rust?? ;)

20. Flatheaded

Flatheaded
    from Nordakoda

My wife and I are going for the first time. Been planning for a couple of years and are finally gonna do it. Can't wait, should be a blast!

21. MRK

MRK

I'm gonna roll on Thursday, lone wolf style in my '63 Ranchero from Saugus/Santa Clarita. Up through Las Vegas and on to Wendover. I gots a room for Thursday but the rest of the weekend I will be sleeping under the stars! :D
    WGAS forever!

22. QuakeMonkey

QuakeMonkey

I'm also headed there for the first time with a friend visiting from Australia in tow. Does anyone know when the Inliners get together at the Wendover KOA is? Can't wait!

23. milkweek, we'll be getting to SLC on wednesday 10th, hopefully going to the open house hotrod party that evening then heading to Bonneville in the morning. You can have teh whole back seat of the '67 Caddy DeVille...will be heading back through again, but only after a week of racing if your there all week...Hans

24. B1RDMAN

B1RDMAN

Trying not to Jynx myself...Missed last yr cause a tree fell through our house. But this yr if the moons align..I"m leaving lone wolf style sundown Monday from the Atlantic ocean Manasquan inlet at sunset as tent. departure...be in Wendover by Wed night thursday morning depending on how hard I want to push. going to have to camp at the bend considering all my $$ is going to road fuel. Only been a 20 yr dream to make it my '40 and I may get our unsalty cherry's salted. lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can't wait.

25. Guys, we will have two banners flying in the pits. One is the H.A.M.B. OFC and the other is blue on white, Potter's Clay Ministries, Inc. You are welcome to come sit a spell and sip a cold drink on us when you make it by. We are going to try for our class record on the cycle this year, maybe try to sneak in on another one if things go well.

26. kyhotrod

kyhotrod
    from Kentucky

27. jimbob

jimbob

Those that know the salt, will this shit dry up by the 13th?:eek:

28. B1RDMAN

B1RDMAN

Going with a mixture of some recycled motor oil through a small pressure pot...old trick a Vt. farmer taught me to protect from the salted roads up there, Then I figured I'd double coat it with some Pam right before I leave and wash the shit out of it when I get home...In fact a solid 5 or 6 hours or so in the rain on the way home would be welcomed as well why not.. I have rain X too. lmao.

29. I wouldn't start worrying yet, its amazing how fast it can dry up with a little wind and heat

30. jorge55

jorge55

I'll be making my first trip to Bonneville this year and I cant wait. I'll be driving from North Hollywood, CA, leaving thursday afternoon and camping out at the ''Bend'' through the weekend including monday and tuesday. Its kind of early but, good luck to all you racers and keep the rubber face down on the salt. Good luck to all, AMIGOS!!!!!!