Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bomber seats from Speedway

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Busy B, Apr 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Busy B

Busy B
    from Kalama, WA

I know Speedway doesn't have a very good rep around here lately but I was wondering if anyone has any experience with their bomber seats or aircraft seats? Did you think they were a good deal or just junk? Anywhere else sell a decent bomber seat for a reasonable amount of $?

2. Busy B

Busy B
    from Kalama, WA

No opinions...good or bad?

3. side_valve

side_valve
    Alliance Vendor

I can tell you an American craftsman made the first ones they were selling. He then got a call saying, "They won't order any more from him, we make them in China now". Needless to say, he wasn't happy about that.

4. xderelict

xderelict
    Member Emeritus

Wow, another opportunity to slam speedway thread.
    YAWN!!!

5. southpark

southpark
    BANNED

who has the funny pic of somebody beating a dead horse....

6. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I think "bomber seats are cool if they are the real deal, you make your own or maybe have one of the HAMB metal benders make you a set.
    It might cost you a couple more buckos but you would then be able to do the ----
    Yuppers, ____________ ______ off the H.A.M.B. custom made those for me.

My old but doesn't even like to sit in a hard chair for a short while anymore and I couldn't see wanting to do the close to 400 miles I did Saturday sitting on bare alunimum.

7. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Makes me laugh every time someone critisizes a supplier for using China when at the end of the day its us the consumer that whines and moans about the prices and forces people like speedway to source stuff cheaper.
    I've used the bomber seats but it was 2 years ago so i dont know if they've changed.
    They were good,well built and do what a bomber seat should--numbs ya ass

8. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

9. jimb0

jimb0
    BANNED

i gave speedway alot of money the other day. stupid china..

10. RAY With

RAY With

11. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

I already have. After the Tardel rip off I stopped buying from them. I have watched them do the same thing over and over again. I have voted with my wallet.

12. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

amen to that..

I know welder series is Canadian..but i feel better giving my money to him than to spend it with speedway..and possibly furthering his greed to rip off another american entrapenuer..
    and i buy used shit ..that was made here in the USA 30+ years ago or 80+ years ago ..or more! and re furbish it.
    or just flat out make my own stuff where and when i can..dependent upon my tooling and abilities

13. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

again with the China,,its American Companies who did it,,they just use the cheap Chinese labour,,get over it

also ,,when everyone wants the "cool' part and does'nt want to pay what they go for or can't afford them,,cheap knock offs will always sell

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.