Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Boling Brothers Model A frame

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SCtattooer, Jun 7, 2017.

1. I've read all the threads on the HAMB about model A frames, but decided to start a thread to give credit where it's due. I'm in the process of building a 29 Model A Tudor that I picked up with a heavily Z'd frame (12") that I knew wasn't the platform that I wanted to build on.
    I read completely all the threads I could find, from the guys here who built their own frames to those who modified their frames to suit. Props to you guys, but my welding skills are not all that. I read threads about frames purchased from various frame builders, the good, bad, and the ripoffs. I compared features on various sites over and over until my brain was fried. I decided that I needed to make a decision if this project was going to move forward. I called several builders, and asked a bunch of questions. The one I called back was Boling Brothers.
    Today, Yellow Freight delivered my frame, built exactly to my specs. Biscuit mounts, vega box mount, T10 trans mount, front hairpins, 3" stretch so I don't have to recess the firewall, and triangulated 4 link mounts. Beautiful craftsmanship, easy to deal with, and exactly when they said it'd be done. I cant say enough about this company. For those of you who aren't experienced welders (which I'm not) or don't understand chassis engineering (which I don't) I'd highly recommend Boling Brothers. I was so excited I uncrated it and rushed it off to the shop that's going to weld in the upper axle mounts without taking pictures, so you'll all have to wait until I pick it back up to see it. I hope this review helps someone who's reading all the model a chassis threads, they can get a bit confusing and I've done all the research for you. Thanks to the HAMB for the wonderful archive of information!

fiftyv8, Rick & Jan and Tim like this.
  2. Nice to give good feedback for someone who actually performs. I can second the fact that Derek over at Boling is top notch and does great work.

3. I'll Third That! ^^^^^^^^

4. GASSERBOB

GASSERBOB
    from USA

I'll fourth that....................................

5. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Having been to the Boling shop in person with Tim McMaster and seeing the work and shop I can say that they are top notch.
    Derek is great to meet and deal with.

I also bought a set of their reproduction Lincoln front brakes and they're really nice parts.

SCtattooer likes this.
  6. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

They do excellent work. Everyone I have encountered who has something that they made is nothing short of ecstatic with the quality of the work.

SCtattooer likes this.
  7. shortypu

shortypu

Derek and his crew are true craftman's and do excellent work.They knocked mine out pretty quick and did a great job. IMG_0480.JPG IMG_0479.JPG IMG_0481.JPG

8. Happy as a clam in sand.......

Attached Files:

SCtattooer likes this.
  9. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I was at the shop years ago, did business with Derek. Very cool dude. He's a Man of his word and does top notch work. A++ rating from me.

SCtattooer likes this.
  10. Nobey

Nobey

Went to their open house yesterday in Lindsey. Rode my bike, so I didn't take a camera. You have to see
    the quality of craftsmanship these guys are capable of, I was very impressed. Derek is fun to chat with,
    I did I mention he races a 650 Triumph at Eagle field. COOL.....

11. DRD57

DRD57

I'll throw my 2 cents in here too. Derek is a stand up guy and does top notch work.