Register now to get rid of these ads!

Boise/Idaho Hotrodders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Eddie's chop shop, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

I may be coming up and checking the area out for a potential move. I have a few questions.

How's the car community? Small, big? gold chain or traditional? good mix?

How are the cops with you? do you get nitpicked over everything or do they leave you alone unless your being stupid?

How's registration for modified vehicles?

How are the local shops and parts places?

May be considering a move and will be driving up to scout housing and such in a week. Thanks in advance

Ed

2. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

Boise sucks ass. Come up north. There are more cars to be found up here.

3. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

And to answer your questions, the cops are pretty cool up here. Registration is easy. Probably one of the easiest. Car community is pretty cool up here. Not many young guys though. Mostly older dudes. Good mixture of cars though.

4. cheap-n-dirty

cheap-n-dirty

Boise is not to bad but is like a small california city.
    I live about 50 miles west right at the border. The cops pretty much leave you alone and registration is no problem. The car "seane" is like any where else , it has all different kines and all types. Just remember the hole state is only one million and boise is about 150,000.
    We have one drag strip and two circle tracks and the salt is 6 hours away.
    Rich.

5. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

There's many people there who share the same interests as we do. You'l find them ... go talk to the Heap Herders old timers.

6. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

I went to Boise for work about 3 years ago and was really impressed with how friendly everyone is. I liked the fact it had more of a small town feel. With housing the way it is I can sell my house and by two up there, would make sense financially.

My biggest fear is the economy, but I'm kinda screwed already on that one.

How's construction up there? I know everywhere is slow, but is everyone off work?

7. Mopar Mama

Mopar Mama
    from Boise, ID

Car scene is mixed bag, lots of gold-chainers though. A lot of people kinda do their own thing, and there are a few dumb-shit scene kids mixed in, but hey, it takes all kinds. The construction business is a toss-up. There's not a whole lot of new construction, but remodeling existing stuff seems to be pretty prolific, especially where I live. I know of a house with a HUGE shop and an attached garage for sale, PM me if you want my phone # so I can call you with the info for the realtor. Honestly, the job market here is kind of a bummer. But the town itself is really cool. Big city and small town at the same time. If you need someone to show you around, I'd be glad to. :)

8. e z i

e z i

Are you looking only at Boise, or other parts of Idaho?

9. mj40's

mj40's

I have lived in Boi Angles for 30 years now. The car scene is pretty good with lots of functions to choose from. Several car clubs and a statewide lobbying organization that follows the goons in the big building in Boise. www.usri.org Drag strip near by and a couple fair swap meets in the area. There are a few gold chains as in any area but all in all a bunch of good guys and gals in the hobby. If you are into hunting, fishing, water sports, mountains and camping, this is the place. But always drink the water from up-stream!

10. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Thanks for the responses I am looking only at the Greater boise area right now. Anywhere that is within a 30 min drive. Would be looking for house with shop or house with large enough lot to build shop.

11. Kramer

Kramer

I can't help you with the car scene, however I can tell you that if you are coming from CA, be prepared for cold winters. I visit Boise every Christmas ( I have 2 daughters that live there). I wind seems to always be blowing and goes right thru you. But if you are a skier its only a 45 minute drive to the lifts.

12. Don Lyon

Don Lyon

Are you guys sure Boise is still part of Idaho? I could swear I heard it was donated to Oregon.

13. mj40's

mj40's

It was but they gave it back when we got Otter.

14. mj40's

mj40's

Check the Kuna, Star, Emmett and Middleton areas. Small town attitudes and starting to grow.

15. spuds

spuds
    from Idaho

Yea they are all stuck in a traffic jam. And the sun shines here!!!

16. Eddie's chop shop

Eddie's chop shop

Thanks guys, had a potential job lined up, but its not going to happen right now. Although I would still like to get out of CA some day.

I grew up in Nor CAl at about 5000 ft elevation and got alot of snow. Much more than Boise, so the Winters would not bother me a bit. Would actually prefer some snow to the grey fog of Sac.

So may see you guys in the future.

Thanks