Register now to get rid of these ads!

Boise Idaho area Hambers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kramer, Dec 20, 2009.

1. Kramer

Kramer

So I'm in your area for the next week for Christmas visiting two of my daughters that live here. I know this is not the car scene season, however, I have to ask. Is there any car related stuff going on this week?
    Most of my time will be bouncing between my daughter in Meridian and my daughter in Caldwell, but I will have some time to look around.

Thanks, Dav

2. Steelsmith

Steelsmith

So, Kramer, what are you looking for?!
    The weather has relented, and it's pretty nice temperature wise. Are you looking for people to visit or wrecking yards in the area? Any particular parts or projects on your list of things you need or want to investigate?
    Things are pretty quiet this time of year.

Dan Stevens
    dba, Steelsmith

3. Kramer

Kramer

Steelsmith,

Although it would be nice to meet some people, my free time will be limited. Wrecking yards with 60 and 70 vehicles was one of my thoughts. My 289 is a early 60 model and i am need of a 15" fan, alternator, (or even generator brackets from and early small block) and a starter for and automatic. This last summer I saw a wrecking yard north of Wendell but was unable to stop. Is it worth looking at?
    Any older car related museums in the area?
    Not car related, but as I am a pilot I thought of going to the museum at the Nampa airport.

Thanks

4. Steelsmith

Steelsmith

You'll enjoy the Warbirds Museum In Nampa, lots to see there. Jalopy Jungle used to have a lot of the older stuff as far as a right in town wrecking yard goes. For Nampa yards that's about it. There's a small yard just off the Freeway outside Caldwell, but it's tough to find anybody interested in helping a guy out. Couple more on the old hi-way 30 between Caldwell and Middleton.
    Used to be a pretty good one North of Middleton, 'Hopkins' but they scrapped most of the cars they hadn't parted completely out a few years ago. They still have some smaller parts, it's also on Hi-way 30 just north of the middleton exit off the freeway.

That ought to keep you busy!

Dan Stevens
    dba, Steelsmith

5. slider's house of kustoms

slider's house of kustoms
    from idaho

Dan: steelsmith; what about ol buy rite! doesn't he still have some good stuff? he's on the nampa side of the Nampa/Caldwell Boulevard Kramer.

6. Steelsmith

Steelsmith

You're right Slider, 'Buy-Rite' just up the road from the Fred Meyer store is also a good resource. They are a bit limited for floor space, so tend to stack their cars, but I've bought a couple of cars from 'Deroy'.

Good luck on your visit Kramer!
    Dan Stevens
    dba, Steelsmith

7. mlagusis

mlagusis

Buy Rite has some cool stuff. Vintage Auto in Mountain Home is supposed to have a ton of good stuff. I have never been there but have heard good things. I heard his prices are fair too. Oldies But Goodies in Ontario Oregon has some cool stuff. I have been there back in October and was stoked off of what he had. Warbird museum is very cool. Have a good time and Merry Christmas!

Matt

8. I am from Oklahoma and post a similar thread and it was in the off season as well but a Boise HAMBer invited me and my wife to their house to hangout and we had a blast just general BSing and looking at his collection of car stuff. I recommend it highly! Thanks Pinman 39 for good times. In fact Brandon and I visit on a regular basis. Enjoy the power of the HAMB!

9. Jims35

Jims35

I used to spend a lot of time out at " hopkins " hyway 30 just visiting with the guys that came in there. But since they crushed the cars about two years ago and old Les passed away I haven't found anyplace close by to kill time at like it was there. His son Bob hardly ever comes out there to open it up and there is a lot of small stuff in side the old buildings that they never tore down.

10. slider's house of kustoms

slider's house of kustoms
    from idaho

jims35: all the small stuff is gone now... sad, yeah ever since Les passed it's left in bulk. Another Bob ended up with a lot of the small stuff in Middleton a lil odd guy but more managable to deal with then Kerry from Ontario. Yeah we lost a great place out at Hopkins, they gave us not only cool parts but like you said a great place to hang out.
    Mlagusis: Jim Hines of Vintage auto in Mtn. Home. Jim is a good guy to deal with, and has always been fair. Shoot one time he even brought a part up to Boise for me cause he was coming up for the weekend!
    well a lil off topic so Kramer cheers and hope that you have just as a good time as olguard did.

11. mj40's

mj40's

I put together an all automotive event schedule list for USRI each year in Idaho. www.usri.org How about a HAMB event in the Treasure Valley area in 2010? Maybe just a coffee/breakfast meet or maybe something bigger etc. The only thing is the event has to be turned into me by the 15th of January to make the printing deadline. I have heard that the promoter of the Motorfest is letting rat rods in free this year. Not sure of what his opinion of what they are yet but under his discretion.

12. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

I haven't lived in the Boise area for almost 30 years, did graduate from high school in the valley and might find a HAMB event the right excuse to get me back that way for a visit.

I read every Boise area thread like this one hoping to find old friends from the area.

13. Jims35

Jims35

:) I think I know who the bob is you are talking about at middelton. His last name started with a g,Graviett or something like that . I sold him a 34 chevy sedan and a 36 chevy pickup about three or four years ago. he's not hard to deal with, a little odd , yes. Has he got the parts at his house to sell or do you know? Anybody is better than kerry , him and I had a big falling out last spring. I havn't been out to vintage auto , it's a little to far to go unless you need something pretty bad. I might just go out there next summer just to see it. If you came out to hopkins we may have met . Catch you later , Jim Collins :cool: