Register now to get rid of these ads!

Body parts interchangeable on a 41 Chevy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rebstew187, Dec 17, 2013.

1. rebstew187

rebstew187

Can anyone tell me if the doors off a 1946,7,8 Chevy car fit on a 1941 car? I'm not worried about the fender extension just wonder about the sheet metal. They look the same but just wondering if anyone knew for sure and if so any fitment issues such as latches or ?

2. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Under the fender extensions, the door skins have stamped contours that would need to be addressed. I know the cowl itself is different, which affects the hood/fender fit and they will not fit, but not sure that affects the leading edge of the door. Rear doors for a given body style should work.

You do have other choices besides going to a later model Chevy. Pontiac, Olds and Buick all used the same as Chevy GM "A" body on certain models in 1941. Generally, it is the lower trim level BOP in coupe models, but also some convertibles and 4 door sedans, that shared the body with Chevy. Up scale BOP used GM "B" & "C" bodies, which do not share any sheet metal with "A" bodies..

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  3. fordcragar

fordcragar
    from Yakima WA.

The front of the door frame, on the 41 Chev door and the later doors is different. The door hinges are completely different and will not interchange between the 41 and later doors.

4. rebstew187

rebstew187

Thanks guys...

5. But 41 Pontiac series 25 should work.

Attached Files: