Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bob Licks Yellow '40 Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Steve 38, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Steve 38

Steve 38

I am trying to get some info on this car. Does anyone know Bob, or know the car well? I'd like to find out the wheel/tyre/suspension combo. Maybe a long shot, but any help would be much appreciated.

2. Steve 38

Steve 38

bttt. Will just give it one last try.

3. NealinCA

NealinCA

This car?

[​IMG]

I know it is still buggy sprung with a dropped axle in front and a 9" rear. He had 15" '50 merc wheels, but changed to 16's the last time I saw it.

Bob is from Baker, Oregon. Maybe some of the PNW gys have more info.

Neal

4. PeeVee

PeeVee

Grew up in Baker City used to see the car at local shows very nice. I don't know much about his set up though. You could maybe look up his name in the phone directory.

5. Lowlife

Lowlife
    from MO. USA

There's a article on it in last year's Hop Up annual #8. Also, I'm sure I remember a feature on it in an American Rodder from the 90s. If I could figure out my new scanner, I'd send some or all.

6. Steve 38

Steve 38

Thats it! Thats the car. Thanks guys, much appreciated. And thanks for the info.

Lowlife, I couldn't remember where I'd seen it, but it must have been Hop Up, as you mentioned. The stance/wheel/tyre combo is just spot on, although I thought in the article it didn't have hubcaps. But I'd love to find out the exact details.

Neal, do you know what size wheels its running in the pic you attached? I seem to recall reading it was running 15s, as you mentioned, but in the article I saw, it was really hard to tell looking at the pics. They kinda looked like 16s.

Thanks again

7. lydiamatthiesen

lydiamatthiesen

I know Bob very well. If you would like contatct information for him please email me; [email protected]