Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical bleeding you power steering

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J&JHotrods, Jul 31, 2015.

1. J&JHotrods

J&JHotrods

Hey all. Stumbled across this a few years back while reading a technical service bulletin and I thought it would be of some benefit worth sharing. Gone are the days of cranking the wheels back and forth, potentially trashing that brand new pump trying to bleed air from your p.s. system. For me at least. Good ol' mityvac vac pump and adaptor, bleed the air out the easy way. Usually only takes 20 in. of vacuum and 10 minutes or so. Bled my cooling system, p/s, even my hydraulic clutch. Works like a champ. O/T car pictured, applies to all hyd. P/S systems

Attached Files:

2. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

Nice, that is definitely much better than grinding everything together. Thanks for sharing.

3. I even use mine to see if the vacuum advance is working on a distributer.

Never bled power steering that way though. :cool:

4. J&JHotrods

J&JHotrods

I really struggle bleeding hydraulic clutch systems, makes me so mad...seems like it's one step forward 2(or more) steps back. Decided on a whim to hook it up to the clutch reservoir and draw a vacuum on it for 10-15 minutes or so, never had to even crack open the bleeder. Only had to set my beer down once LOL. Major time and aggravation saver!

5. Hmmmn never had a problem with clutches. Well maybe those with hydraulic throw out bearing but not with a slave cylinder.