Register now to get rid of these ads!

Billetproof Washington 2010 Cruise - Problems/Solutions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Choptop

Choptop

again... everyone ease up.

this is not about making an example out of anyone or blaming anyone...

please stop, 2nd time I've asked.

the purpose of the thread was to make everyone aware of the issues at hand. Thats all.

2. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

lighten up guys. Like non of you have ever done something stupid and dangerous

3. To be judged by such perfect people is a blessing... really. Especially who were not even there? If Alan had a problem with it he would have told me personally, when we talked on sunday morning about it before I left. In my defense I was going what 3 miles an hour with not a car around me. And stood up for what 2 seconds.
    I'd be more worried about the shitcan "shock rods" driving around at an event that have wrenches welded in the steering systems than anything else at all. How those cars are allowed to drive around there on the streets is unbelievable
    Sitting at the campfire at the fairgrounds on one of the nights one of the gassser cars drove up on the highway, stopped and launched his car and went threw all four gears. We thought it was awesome. But by the sounds of it some of you would have thought it was so offensive and down right stupid. If you want I can get his plate number off of one of the many pictures of the car and give it to yous and we can call the cops and have his car taken away. And better yet you can all put up pictures of it and have a total bitchfest about it and speculate how fast he went and if his throttle stuck he may have rolled it and killed 3 minivan loads of families:rolleyes::eek:
    Sounds like all of you perfect complainers have never pinned your throttle to the floor before? What if it stuck wide open... ohh my

And Patch, if its any of your business I hung out and talked with Jeff at the BP show. He doesn't have a problem with me at all. If you don't know both sides of a story maybe you shouldn't talk about it. If you want to talk more about it give me a call.

Rabbid Whippet, I won't let you down bud

-Shiny

4. I know you won't, and I agree 100% about some of the cars out there not being safe. I really get a kick out of the single reservoir brake cylinders in high HP cars. WTF? Also if you have never done a burn out in your life or done a few crazy things in your car, you aren't a Hot rodder or you are very forgetful. I have done alot of stupid things in my life mostly just once and I learn just as most people do. Theres just a time and place for everything and some people get lost in the moment which seems to have happened during the cruise. Doing burnouts can be alot more dangerous than what you did in a crowded space. Even rev'ing your engine could be dangerous without any engine shielding. What if a fan blade flew off!!! Oh my!!!!!Anyway, I think this has been blown way out of proportion and as Chop top says, its all water under the bridge and now we know what the rules are and we will obied by them.
    Again thanks Chop Top for all the hard work you do for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. glad to hear from you, your point is taken, water under the bridge... let's all move on and be the better for it. Thank you !

6. I'M NOT DONE!!!!!!! DONT EVER PUSH ME TO STOP ON THIS SUBJECT AGAIN ROB!!!!!!!!!!!! Kidding!!:D The drama!!!! LOL!

Chop Top. I appreciate you asking us to stop but I love chatting it up with all the girls!! LOL!
    Ok Ok, I'm done. snicker snicker snicker...........

7. Payaso

Payaso

I say keep Billetproof for Billetproofers...Hell, I'd even pay a 'gate fee' to cruise on top of my registration. If that keep the ProStreet assholes out of there, and I say bring on the cops! I've had my run-ins with the 'Badge' growing up...mostly because I was 'that asshole', but while I'm cruising with friends and family...keep'n things chilled and laid back...I aint got nothing to worry about. The cops cruised by and knodded each time...went on thier way. They had tabs on everybody, and when they rolled through things slowed back down.

Alan knows this...Billetproof is my 'gig'...Many of you know this...and I'm down to help in any way to keep this ball rolling...Not pointing fingers...naming names...or Bitch'n at the next guy about this and that...not my style...but getting my 'Heavy' ready to leave for Billetproof 2011 in 355 days (+/-) is my style...

Let me know what cha' need...I'm down to help out...

MONDO

8. cap locks ! whoa !!! I won't ever push you to stop again! Yikes ! LOL:eek::):D:p Choptop thanks for a great show as always, hope you can make it to HOTROD-A-RAMA For 2010.. see you all soon ! cheers !

9. OK HOW ABOUT CAPS LOCKED AND BIG RED LETTERS!!!!. LOL!!
    I am hoping that I can get my damned car on the road for Billetproof next year but things keep knocking me down on the progress. My last deal was restoring a 1968 Nova for my Nephew and that was day and night for 3 weeks. No I have spent 2 grueling long days cleaning my shop and it still doesn't look like I have been in there!! I'm such a slob but I want to be neat!!!

10. Fucking mess I have in the garage!!!!Back to it. I hate cleaning on a nice sunny day like today. I give myself another couple days and I think I should have it organized and then a couple days for the misses to do projects for her and then time to work on the Whippet!!!
    Highlight above to see my next trick!!

11. RilleCustoms

RilleCustoms

Ya what Dave said !! ... just takes a couple of morons to screw it up for the rest ....

12. CGkidd

CGkidd

Damn Shiny do I even want to know why you have Pink stupid stickers. Alan I know if you need volunteers you would have plenty of them if you put the word out.

Eric

13. The_Monster

The_Monster

This thread is dead... why keep on posting over and over what has already been said?

Alan is on top of it... lets get out in the garage and work on something productive.

14. Coolcar

Coolcar
    from Wa.

Are you kidding me Brian?!!@!

15. phukinartie

phukinartie

This the way I see it. The car show and cruise is like a box of raisin bran
    Say the bran is the law abiding folks and the raisins are the dipshits No matter what
    you are always gonna get 2 scoops..As the show and cruise get bigger so does the raisin count.Bottom line you are gonna need alot more patrol on the streets to keep it alive

16. let's give this rest please, Choptop would like that.

17. Angliagasser

Angliagasser

Coolcar: I know that willys is not that fast, but you have never seen me do that in a crowded place. I have seen things get out of hand real fast and people hit parked cars and sometime other people. Keep the launches/burnouts at the squirrel nationals where there are barriers between the cars and the people.

18. Angliagasser

Angliagasser

What are you talking about? I drove the Anglia into town several times. I also raced my car at the track all the time, and I have time slips to prove it. The guy that owns that willys has NEVER raced or street raced that or any of his cars "ever"! I am not a poser, bench racer, lawn racer or parking lot wannabe. If I have a car I clam is fast I race it.... FYI. I would have lined up against that willys any day of the week and if I still owned the Anglia I would have raced him/you any where, any time and you know it!!

19. RichG

RichG

Hey coolcar, WTF? No profile, no info, just hanging out to stir shit are ya? Gotta love the guy who sets up an account just to talk smack on a thread without having to be accountable for his words. Piss off.

Centralia likes the money the event brings in, but having lived there for a while I can tell you that they'll kill the cruise in a heartbeat.

20. Streetrodscoty

Streetrodscoty
    from Washington

I was downtown the whole night, cruised a little.
    Most of the burnouts were the local kids, a few newer mustangs, A corvette, and an F350 pickup, all cars that were not part of the show, or the scene.
    I only saw 3 cars from the show the whole night that actually did a burn out, the rest were just cruising having fun. The 32 for (Yellow coupe) was doing a one wheel wonder all night, my comment to that is when he was giving up his CC to buy the car they must have been short on lockers that day.
    If the burn outs are a major issue then next year having the road open to cars that are there for the show only, and not allowing the locals to bring every shit box they can find would be a great idea.
    I had a blast, thanks...

21. Late to the show on this one. Nothing more needs to be said about this. I think the Billetproof Group has a handle on what will happen in the subjects stated. Enough said.