Register now to get rid of these ads!

Billetproof Michigan 2010 - May 15, 2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Apr 13, 2010.

1. I sorta hate to bring this up, but with all the rain, what's the condition of the park?

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The whole park is kinda on a hill and it rolls down and towards the back left, on the riverside. The part of the park that gathers the water is the very back left BUT the park is so big I really don't think this is going to effect it at all. The grass might be damp and long though cuz they might not have a chance to cut it before Saturday. There is an asphalt drive that meanders though the whole park and back to the front. Most people will park along wtih path and spectators will walk on this path.

Alan is here in town already assessing everything and I'm sure will report back the current condition.

3. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

the sun will come out tommorow.......!

and dry up all the rain...

hahaha!

i feel some songs and rhymes coming on here. just think positive!

4. F1 Flathead

F1 Flathead
    from Michigan

I'll be there with my "can't decide what it wants to be, rat rod or late 40's or mid 50's hotrod" 29 roadster. Please stop by and introduce yourself and help me endure all the "nice rat rod" comments that I'm going to get. It's really not a rat rod, I just like red wheels and whitewall tires and I haven't got around to doing the bodywork and paint yet, really.....
    Dan

Attached Files:

5. Choptop

Choptop

just walked the park with the maintenance crew. The park is fine. There are a couple of soggy areas (they were also there last June) down towards the river and in the center low spot, but there is PLENTY of room on the west side of the park for cars. We can fit 600-700 in the dry areas. We are going to be just fine.

6. GZ

GZ
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Detroit

Just visited the park and it's going to be fine. The park drains well and was "engineered" to do so. Just finished pulling this old fiberglass car out of storage and getting it ready for the show...

Attached Files:

• ra2.jpg
      ra2.jpg
      File size:
      29.5 KB
      Views:
    • ra1.jpg
      ra1.jpg
      File size:
      33.1 KB
      Views:
  7. customizer2024

customizer2024
    from niles, mi.

I'll be there spectating. Can't wait. Hope to meet somemore HAMBERS. And see Denise and Magen. Cookies :rolleyes:

8. hotshoe

hotshoe

Once again we forget our military veteran brothers...

9. Choptop

Choptop

No forgotten at all.

If you are veteran thank you for your service. The numbers of military veterans are too vast and the ability to prove service is too vague to offer anything at the gate.

We do work with veterans groups at Billetproof shows. The beer concession was offered to the Ypsilanti VFW post 2048, although they were unable to get the manpower together to staff it for the 2010 show. In 2011 the beer concession will be handled by the Ypsilanti American Legion. Proceeds from beer sales will go to their charities. We just discussed this deal today at the park.

once again, thank you for your service.

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  10. kookee

kookee

Wow GZ! You sure have a broad spectrum of really nice cars! That bubbletop sure looks like a hot wheels!

I am going to try to join later in the afternoon, hopefully to meet some of you folks.

11. Good news! Thanks.

12. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

All I can see is a great looking Hot Rod:cool:

13. Duke_

Duke_

How's the swap meet?

14. springer

springer

what time is the registration for the model contest ? Is there an entry fee for the model contest ? Will the trophies for the model contest kick ass again ? Any model contest info would be great.

15. Choptop

Choptop

full of rusty parts :D

Swap meeters are notorious for not pre-registering. That being said, last year we had 40 swap meet vendors.

16. Choptop

Choptop

Shaggy is handling the Model Car Contest. Give him a call @: 734-752-2872

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Don't look too hard for us. We both will be at the Jalopy Showdown in York Springs, PA for the weekend. I'm extremely bummed that I'm going to miss all my Michigan pals but on the other hand I'm very excited to see all my eastcoast buds this weekend.

That would be the original Road Agent ;)

18. F1 Flathead

F1 Flathead
    from Michigan

Thanks Captain Scarlet. You just made my day!
    Dan

19. MrGasser

MrGasser
    from DETROIT

Where do participant's enter the park?

...just saw it, off Cross St., right?

20. Choptop

Choptop

that is correct.

21. jdubbya

jdubbya

I was curious about the new set-up, and had planned to venture down, but the new drivetrain in my truck is behind schedule, and isnt quite tuned in enough for the drive, see ya all around at a later time this summer.

22. i'm hopeful to find some nice fat rear tires for my topolino..missed out on the radir's at fowlerville a few weeks back...so i'm plannin to head up early in the morning...any one see some radir 10-00 x 15's give me a shout..734 299 0063...i'll be wondering around lookin...sorry to same i'll be in the spectator parking with my lifted cherokee dd.........mark

23. lowongas

lowongas

Any one heading out to cruise Telegraph tonight..?? We will be at the 50's McDonalds if anyone is interested....lots of cruisers hang out there.

24. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus

What's the best route from Detroit (at the Ambassador Bridge) Thanx

25. Last edited: May 14, 2010
  26. pbr40

pbr40
    from NW Indiana

what a bummer that people have to work the weekend! well there is always next year

27. Straight Axle Steve

Straight Axle Steve

Just got home from the Kick off. Kinda small, had a great time though. I'm sure it will get bigger and better with time.

28. I'll be there as long as my shit doesnt decide to pop on the way!!! Say Hi!!!

James

[​IMG]

29. leaving right now, I'll be riding shotgun this year but next year plan to have a car done!

30. Ragtop

Ragtop
    Member Emeritus