Register now to get rid of these ads!

Billetproof Florida, March 22, 2008 !!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Oct 26, 2007.

1. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

i will buy the spot from you as i am still not registered but it looks like i will make it.
    if that is ok with Choptop.

2. Choptop

Choptop

Fine with me.

Send me the email the car was originally registered under, and the new email and snail mail address you'd like the reg. confirmation to go to.

3. I'm still plugging away... My Ford will be there, and since only about 20 people have EVER seen my car, I think I can safely call it a debut...

It'll have your old tires on it Ed!

4. 31chevymike

31chevymike

Everyone I know is PSYCHED!!! Billy and I will be there in his wicked chopped and channelled on a rake gloss black '31 Model A coupe! We debuted the fresh restoration at Nad's Orlando Rumblers show earlier in the month. That show was awesome! My '31 Chevy is getting ready to be torn apart for a metalflake resto as an early '60's Altered Gasser - complete with a blown hemi! I will fry my whitewall slicks at the burnout contest at Garlits Museum when I arrive there eventually!!!!!

5. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

Can you believe it's ONLY 38 days away!!!!!

6. Choptop

Choptop

no burnout contest at the Florida show. Please be respectful of Big Daddy's parking lot.

7. Choptop

Choptop

*gulp* :eek:

:D

Pretty cool. This is going to be a great show. All the cool cars out front, all the bitchin cars in the museums? fuggetaboutit.

8. Tony Daytona

Tony Daytona

Alan, when are registrations heading out in the mail

9. BZNSRAT

BZNSRAT

OK, what about beverages...the good kind?? Will they be sold at the show or can we bring or own...or both?
    What about music...I may have missed it in the ad...are there going to be any bands there??
    What about stripp__s.......nevermind, I am waking up now!!!
    Regardless I know the show will be awesome!!!

10. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

So many things to look forward to:

1. First Billet Proof in Florida
    2. Meeting members from all the other chapters there
    3. Seeing first hand cars I've only seen pictures of
    4. Garlett's museum
    5. First time in Florida
    6. 4 day Bahama cruise after the show
    ....and so much more

Just hope the weathers good.

11. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Your trip would make a good movie "Bruce's Excellent Adventure". Man, that sounds like big fun to me. No matter what, we'll make it fun. Can't wait. Mike

12. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

Im coming down from Michigan....I'll be flying in so I'll just be a spectator, but Im looking forward to see all the cars down there....

13. AHotRod

AHotRod

32 days to GO !

14. Choptop

Choptop

1st off, Big Daddy said no go to to beer sales on his property, he also said alcohol and cars dont mix. Its his house, respect his rules.

There will be PLENTY to drink the night before and PLENTY to drink after the show is over. If ya cant go a few hours in the afternoon without a snort, if the shakes start setting in, ya might have a little problem. :D

I like beer during a car show as much as the next guy, but like I said, its Big Daddy's house, we play by his rules, and I expect everyone to play along out of respect.

The bands are still in flux. We will have a couple good ones though. I dont want to say just who yet as the deals arent done. As soon as you let it out who is coming, someone backs out at the last minute. Dont worry though, there will be PLENTY of entertainment for the day.

strip clubs? dunno, ya'll gotta tell me. I saw a pretty good one in Orlando, but thats a little ways away. :D

15. raceratrod

raceratrod

Do they have area for parking trailers.

16. Kustomkarma

Kustomkarma

Man, I hope I can make this one. If so, I'll be up from Orlando. Gotta find someone to go with me on account of lot's of driving and my often low blood sugar don't mix.

17. eticket

eticket

Counting days and not just because of how close it is to the show, but how close it is to my last days on this trip to Dublin CA, but it hasn't been a bad trip :) did the GNRS, Sacramento show, and the March meet again in Bakersfield, along with any local shows.
    For those on a fluid schedule might want to check out:
    http://www.daytonabeachcarshows.com/calendar%202-1%20spring.htm

and if you want some decent wings, up in the Ocala area check out Ker's WingHouse, we hit their places when we are up in the Ocala, or Daytona area, and used to Kissimmee area (what happened guys?) :)
    Mike

18. Choptop

Choptop

well, seeing as the show is centered around driving your hot rod... not really.

if you have a competition car that you'd like to bring you can trailer it. No one expects someone to drive a rail job dragster or sprint car on the freeway.

If you are bringing such a car, let me know.

19. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Are you one of the FL guys that Megan and I met at the NHRA Museum on the Friday morning of GNRS? Are you a friend of Gary Moore's? Do you know Craig Suman??:D

Are you one of these guys by chance???
    [​IMG]

20. eticket

eticket

Nope I was at work on Friday, but I am friends with Gary, and was very happy he took his class at the show, he was even invited to stick around for a photo shoot with Hot Rod, and another magazine. A couple of the guys in the photo look real familiar, but I am terrible with names :)

Mike

21. raceratrod

raceratrod

Choptop Have a 200 mile round trip with stock 40 ply coupe top speed about 55 not much fun.

22. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

I will trade you for a 2000 mile round trip in a chopped and channeled Model A Tudor from Indianapolis. Luckily I have a friend going that I trust to drive my car. That will help with the fatigue a little.

Just kidding, I have no problems with trailers. I just appreciate the cars being there to look at.

23. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

Well I hope it will be ok with everyone. I am going to have to trailer mine down to FL. Because I am also bringing my family down for a Vacation. But I will be driving the car to the show from the Kissimmee area. So let me ask you FL boys is it ok to leave a truck and trailer in the Hotel Parking lots. Again I hope that you guys under stand that my car is by no means a trailer queen it just has to hitch a ride down.

24. SARGE

SARGE

It's getting closer:)

25. Tony Daytona

Tony Daytona

Any word on number of spots available? We've got a few guys not preregistering.

26. Choptop

Choptop

You will be able to register at the gate, however the cost is increased by $5 and there are a limited number of goodie bags. I only make so many posters, patches and other goodies to drop in the bags based on pre-registration + x% at the gate. If 2x% show up at the gate, yer s.o.l. on the goodie bag.

27. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

If they know they are going to go why not preregister?

28. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

The short fella with glasses is Tim and the guy next to him is Max, the Brogdon Brothers and the guy on the far right is Bob Van Horn, some cool old dudes.

29. Dads56

Dads56

Whats the pre-registration deadline? My son is a Road Rocket from Indy now living in South East Florida. He's been a little bummed trying to find a scence in the sunshine state.I'll have let him know about this. I might make the trip down and see him and we can hang out at the show.

30. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Pre-registration ends on March 1st. It also gets you one admission to Garlits' museums. Between the show and the museums, there is more than enough to see. Hope we'll see you there, Mike