Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Billetproof Florida 2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Choptop, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Choptop

Choptop

[​IMG]

Billetproof Florida
    Feb, 27, 2010
    Alachua County Fairgrounds
    2900 NE 39th Ave
    Gainesville, Florida 32609

Billetproof is back in Florida for the 3nd year!
    Last year we packed Big Daddy's back yard with over 650 hot rods, we caused a 40 minute backup on the freeway and completely overwhelmed the facility. So after talking it over with Big Daddy we have found a new home for the growing show. Billetproof will invade the Alachua County Fairgrounds in Gainesville, FL. There is plenty of room for hot rods and customs, vendors, the largest model car show in the state, and a huge swap meet. Watch for some cool feature cars to be announced soon.

The Tampa PoorBoys are the host club and will make sure everything runs smooth, be sure to thank them for their hard work!

Pre-registration price is $25 (cheaper than last year)

We couldnt get our normal March date for 2010, but will return to March in 2011.

Pre-registration is open NOW @ www.billetproof.com

2. roosters hot rods

roosters hot rods

we are stoked and ready....can't wait !!!

3. Wyle E Coyote

Wyle E Coyote

YEAAAAAA!!!

I'll actually make it with my own ride this year. I can't wait.

4. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

We musta' been asked about the show 50 times today at the NSRA Nats. Glad it's finally out for all to see. And what awesome artwork. I hope that's the event poster. Thanks Alan.

5. February... wow I might actually be able to make this one... Whooo Hoooo!!!

Ummmmm, paypal is charging me shipping for a registration? is that right?

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  6. rusty210

rusty210

Can't wait. I hope to have one of mine on the road this time.

7. Choptop

Choptop

No its not right. Let me fix that... sorry.

8. Choptop

Choptop

if you were charged shipping please email me from the email used on your paypal account I will refund it.

if you havent registered yet... I fixed it so there is no shipping charged on registration.

Sorry about that... these cornputer thingies can be hard work sometimes. :rolleyes:

9. Thanx, registering now...

10. Skirv

Skirv

I'm registered. See ya all there again in 2010.

11. AHotRod

AHotRod

Alright :)

I'm stoked and ready to go !

Thanks Alan for giving us a place to come and play !

12. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

Any Hotel Deals???

13. soberTOOLman

soberTOOLman

Sweet!!! I can't wait!!! Gonna be a blast!!

14. Excellant timing. I've missed the previous Florida Billetproof as my vacation time was over in Florida and the Detroit Autorama was always a stop on the way back home. See you there..

15. Bigger, onward and upward!

Bonus: college girls to look at

16. wristpin

wristpin

just goin thru the H.A.M.B. and can't believe my disabled eyeballs, billetproof is 30 miles from the house! if i miss this it's cause i'm dead or in jail.

17. Kenny P

Kenny P

What's the scoop on the nearest Hotel/motel?
    Sure will miss Big Daddy's backyard.:(

18. I'll be there. Last year was great, this should be even better ... !!

19. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

I wish it were still at Don`s place, just gave the show a feeling of belonging.
    Not trying to be negative guys just my 2 cents.....
    Bigger, Better i Hope so...

20. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

I'm registered, sure wish it was at Don's place. Just wont be the same. Now to get my car done!

21. Choptop

Choptop

We'll do our best.

As for having it in Don's yard... it was indeed very cool. Big Daddy was gracious to invite us to his home, and he enjoyed having the show there. But after talking it over we both felt that the show had just gotten to big for the facility. We set up the 80 acres next door for spectator parking... it was filled by 11:30am. It took a crew of ~20 to park all the hot rods on the grounds and we just about filled the place in 2009. There will be more that want to come in 2010, both hot rods and spectators. Mind you, we dont advertise the show outside the hot rod world... but yet the show still caused a 40 minute back up on the freeway.

The show will indeed be different, no doubt. But we are working on some features that we couldnt have at Big Daddy's. Don wants to be involved with the Billetproof shows, so watch for some cool stuff to come.

Besides, now you can say you were there in the "good old days" when the show was in Garlits back yard :D

22. _charles_

_charles_
    from Tampa, Fl

back in the good ole days, we used to have this little show at Big daddy's, but then it grew up. Only the OG folks will remember the Big Daddy days!

Charles

23. Obsessedwithchop

Obsessedwithchop

Looking forward to another great year of rodz and meeting new people at billetproof I just think the bands need to start playing a little sooner. Just my two red pennies!

24. AHotRod

AHotRod

Funny thing, while we were at the NSRA Nationals this weekend, this topic of our event moving came up a ton. We were all laughing and saying "Yeah, you know......like 10 years from now......Oh yeah, I was there when this all began, you should have seen it, we were all in Big-Daddys Back Yard.....650 of us, what a hoot.

I know that we spoke to hundreds of fellow HotRodders this weekend about the Billetproof Drags coming up in 2 weeks and the new location of the Billetproof Show in Gainesville, and no one is complaining. Fact is, they are excited to see that:
    1. We will have more room
    2. More room for lot's more vendors :)
    3. More room for lot's more Swap-Meet shops :)
    4. No more parking issues for the spectators
    5. And the potential to expand the event with more things to see and do :)

The "Poor Boys" of Florida are excited.

25. Hot Turkey

Hot Turkey

[​IMG]
    Ya, you guys are right. It was maxed out last year and the last thing we want is it to be a bad experience for anyone. The move was inevitable.

26. Kenny P

Kenny P

Wow, looks like Alan looked into the crystal ball and made a good call.
    Especially after reading what happened at the Hunnert Car Pileup today. That sounded pretty crummy for a lot of people.
    I was kinda bummed at first about the change, but Chop Top's baby has "outgrown the crib".
    Looking forward to it! Just registered.
    :)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  27. Wyle E Coyote

Wyle E Coyote

No one had ever put that many cars into Big's back yard, but you guys filled it till the seams burst. Now I'm excited to make the move to a bigger space that won't be so much work to orginize the parking. Maybe us Poor Boys can enjoy the show a little more and get to mingle with the crowd.

If your thinking of getting your new ride to the show, you'd better be working on it now because there are only 134 days left...

28. AHotRod

AHotRod

Only 134 Days left ! :eek: .....Man, do we have allot to do.

I'd better get to polishing :D !

29. Choptop

Choptop

No crystal ball... just dumb luck... and a little bit of planning. ;)

When I first talked to Don about doing a show in his backyard.. 4 years ago now... he told me about a show he used to put on in the early 90's... the same thing happened... GREAT show, lots of cars, lots of people, and it got bigger every year... until it got so big that it couldnt happen in his backyard any more. Both Don and I knew this day would come for Billetproof, we just figured it would take a few more years to reach this point.

Its happened before and it was discussed before the first Florida Billetproof.

The new location is going to be cool. Like I said watch for some more fun things... we are working hard to make a good show for ya.