Register now to get rid of these ads!

Billetproof 2007 pic extravaganza

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SEISXSEISXSEISX, Sep 15, 2007.

1. HotRodTom32

HotRodTom32
    from DSM, Iowa

Ahhhhh! Sensory overload! Love the whole package! That gold duece, the Yellow duece, the cut down tempest, oh man! Where do I start?! Too much!!!! I would have been a kid in a candy store! These kats know what's cookin', and they aint afraid to show it, either! Lot's of klass here, and LOVE the ride with the fresh salt on it! That "rocks"! Love it! :)

2. HotRodTom32

HotRodTom32
    from DSM, Iowa

Couldn't agree any more strongly. Unfortunatley, like most areas in life, there are a few "posers" that make it in to some of these kind of shows and think that if they slap somethin' together that looks like Biffy's "rat rod" down the street, then it's cool. Hot Rods are being pushed aside by the "New" Ol'Skool, or Rat Rod. What a lot of them really are are nothing more than Snot Rods. Big ol' boogers of an automotive collection of parts that were thrown together with no thought to function or appearance, just a "look". Hard to figure some of these kats out. Some still get it, others are fakin' it. Sad.....but true. :(

3. wishnevsky

wishnevsky

Isn't it a Tempest?

4. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Because I know what I like and what I don't like, simple as that...AND I certainly know a crap built car when I see it.

People can of course build whatever they want BUT just because you throw come junkyard parts on a frame and spraybomb it flatblack does not grant you instant cool and if your car gets posted on a message board, be it here or OSR, folks will judge it for what it is, cool or crap.

Now, you seem to be alittle touchy on the subject. Would that be because one of the cars pictured is yours? IF you like it you really shouldn't worry about what others think. Everyone though IS entitled to their own opinions.

5. Ebert

Ebert

Hotrodladycrusr, We have not met, but you ARE one classy chick given your polite, yet concise response above. Good for you!

Thanks to all for the picks!!!!

Ebert

6. wishnevsky

wishnevsky

If it's art, then you like what you like, and so be it.. If there is an Academy, with a code of standards, then you are judged by those standards or go elsewhere.. There was judging, so there are you standards.. But then again, it's your money and your butt in the
    seat, so build what suits you.

I think, personally, the rat rod thing is adolescent, and getting old, but fun. The cut down you-name-it rod is a little more work, even more fun and saves some of the old iron for the "real" rodders.
    As for me, i can't afford to spend $20 Grand on a toy, so i chop up Toyotas and 60 Chevy trucks. And if i ever get to a judged show, i don't expect to win. Just trying to stay amused while waiting to get old and die.

7. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

Told ya's... CLASS. period. :cool:

Heya Sweetie! :D hows your paw doin? ,ake sure to stay offa yur feet an make Rudy wait on you hand and foot (pun intended) :p

plannin' on rollin to the Hunnert car?

8. bloodandwhisky

bloodandwhisky
    from DFW Texas

anyone know the story on this one?!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  9. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Man, there is some really beautiful and interesting cars in this thread! looks like a good show

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Yes, I'm planning on going. My only issue now is how to get there since it's my right leg and I can't drive. I will etiher have to fly in or catch a ride with pals. I'll see you there and I expect more then just one little hug like the HAMB Drags;)

Back to our regularly scheduled photo viewing

11. hell yeah congrats Amocat that car is too cool. Josh was talking about this car at Bonneville but his description didnt do any justice that roadster is beautiful. I am suprised you even got Josh to go to B-proof with his hate towards car shows ha,ha,ha congrats again Amocat crew..

12. lawride

lawride
    from Florida

Bad, Badd, Baddass!!! Nothing else to say. BADDASS! Next year maybe my 60 will make the trip.
    Thanks for the effort.
    Gary:) :D

13. AL'S 50

AL'S 50
    from RENO,Nev.

Great show as usual!! Alan done great also! One show I never miss. All the cars were cool. Ya' all need to remember,opinions are like a holes, they all stink! Don't like the "other" cars don't look. Whinning is for babies remember?!? Nice seeing all the folks I miss, great meeting the new ones!I'll be back!! AL:cool:

14. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

"Well Pete, I figured it should be the one with the capacity for abstract thought. But if that ain't the consensus view, then hell, let's put it to a vote."

15. Yeah he sold it on E bay went to the east coast and he tried to find it to buy it back but heard guy got divorced and had to sell it. I was surprised to see it in pictures in the bay area.
    thanks if anyone knows who has it pm me

16. TEAMGrant

TEAMGrant

17. yeah,i would like to know more about this car as well...new build or car with history?

18. KlassicHauler

KlassicHauler

Again what a great site!

I'm certainly not going to get in the middle of what a hot rod or custom should or should not be. After all that's what they are ... personal expression. They suffer from fads like everything else. Like billet. Now we have billet proof. It drives me nuts to see a classic car with 22 inch wheels, but if it makes the owner happy so be it.

I like the idea that the hobby keeps reinventing itself and I love this trend away from professiionally built vehicles that run into six figures, or more. When kids needed a ride and didn't have the bucks to buy one, they built one from what they could scrounge. I know cause I did it when I was 16. Hey let's just have some fun!!!

I saw a post that featured a bunch of traditional rods from the UK, and to me that's where it's at. More power to you all whatever your pleasure.

19. justmetony

justmetony

Thanks for the pictures. they show how people are thinking and what they want to do with thier cars. I don't have anything right now, but being able to see what people are doing and how they do it is a help for the day that I drag something home [much to the wifes displeasure] to spend time with in the shop and get running. Thats someday though, but until then being able to see pics from the different show is great. Thank you for taking the time to take the pictures and post them for all of us that are back at home.

20. Finally got my 1950 Dodge to Billetproof this year, though I couldn't take it myself. I'm stationed at NAS Oceana in Virginia Beach, Virginia. My dad brought it down there for me and my girlfriend took a bunch of pics...

Attached Files: