Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Big Olds Big Cross Country Adventure 2009

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Denise: What a beautiful ,well documented,well photographed record of an amazing trip..Thanks for taking us along...That smile of yours just shows how much you enjoy people & places..BTW is ther anybody you don't know???

I think you should get in touch with a TV producer and propose the idea of a series.. Imagine this, Denise ...You're travelin' around the country in a killer car(Big Olds) ,visiting sites & people across America...weekly episodes...national TV ...couldn't get any better than that!!!
    If some wild haired,wacky dude in a Camaro ,visiting diners&dives,can become a hit..so could you...
    Somebody on this forum's bound to have some contacts

Just sayin'

Stan

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  2. hershambob

hershambob

thanks denise,,i just read the whole thread from start to finnish,wow what a trip

hope to make bonneville again next year,see you there,bob

3. decayed40

decayed40

Glad to see you made it home safe and sound!! what a trip, its sad really what beauty this country has to offer and not everyone has the chance or means to ever see in real life . way to go!! and nothing better than through a old windshield ..

Oh and by the way Denise, did you ever post up picks of "salina" ? Take care and see you on the road somewhere.

4. Harms Way

Harms Way

Fantastic travel log !,..... Just when you think , "there is no way she can out do herself this time !" ,. you do it again, Denise, your the greatest !

5. A 31 MO FO

A 31 MO FO
    from D/FW

The Texas boys will always have room for you Denise. Thanks again for another bad ass trip with you, sorta.
    Robert

6. monsterflake

monsterflake

yup, things can change in the blink of an eye. get out there and enjoy the drive...

7. flameboyzero

flameboyzero

hey denise, glad to see you and the big olds made it home safe, your pics and story are fantastic. i know there are alot of people out here who are green with jealousy. hope to see you on the east coast next year.... "the-hamber-on-the-harley-that-you-met-in-the-gas-station-somewhere-in-oregon", john[​IMG]

8. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You will bud, I'm going to do a New England road trip next Sept including Lead East in NJ. Keep in touch and we'll make plans to catch up next year if not before.

That photo of you and the bike on the salt is very cool. Glad to see you made it home safe and sound as well.

You of anyone on here knows that first hand.

Thanks sweetie, means alot.

I have not, just ran outta time before I left. Stay tuned though cuz it's about half written and I do plan on finishing it up and posting.

Yes you will and I will actually be driving next year. See ya then!

That is a great idea and there are certainly worse shows on TV then a chick in a hot rod attending car events and meeting people. :D Maybe someone with connections will think it's a cleaver, unique idea and contact "us". You can be my manager.;)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2009
  9. JAWS

JAWS

I bet those doggies are glad you are home now.:D

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

OMG, you have no clue. No one appreciates you more in this world then doggies.:D

11. Great Idea!

At least YOU could hold your own technically, carry on an on camera discussion regarding the merits of build decisions and not be just a blonde bobble head doll smiling and smacking her gum.

And not every one of your meal stops would get the "this is the best ever" rating!

12. Mad Mark

Mad Mark

Denise-
    FWIW, the Studebaker is owned by local guy Gary Hart. My friend Mike painted it for him. Twice in fact after he updated the body for a new class.
    http://www.bangshift.com/blog/Gary-Hart-s-248-mph-Studebaker-Blows-a-Turbo-at-speed..html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The little coupe is owned by another local, Gene McKeen. I've only seen the car once at an open house for a guy's garage last year. I know he tested in a wind tunnel & it also sounded pretty healthy. What amazed me is how everything was shoehorned into it!
    I guess I might add "local" means the Springfield, Mo. area.

13. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

No it's not funny, it is super sad :( I missed her on my trip and I know she missed me on hers. She went a ton of places and met a ton of people I would have loved to have went. I've been working on a big event all summer so I've been pretty grounded to the office the past couple months. I know we will go back out west together though and are looking forward to our New England adventure next year for sure!

Careful on that blonde-smacking gum, I resemble that remark :p:D

14. Denise- Wow! You're living the dream! It was good to meet ya a at the HAMB drags.. (i walked up while you were talking to ThunderRocket) Are you coming down to Temple for Day of the Drags?

15. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Unfortunantly no, I'm completly out of paid vacation time....imagine that :D

Maybe physcially but not figuretively ;)

Thanks for adding the info bud. It's info like this that really adds great substance to the thread. Thanks!

Only the BBQ ones! :D

Last edited: Sep 2, 2009
  16. Denise:Quote:
    Originally Posted by Turbo26T

I think you should get in touch with a TV producer and propose the idea of a series.. Imagine this, Denise ...You're travelin' around the country in a killer car(Big Olds) ,visiting sites & people across America...weekly episodes...national TV ...couldn't get any better than that!!!
    If some wild haired,wacky dude in a Camaro ,visiting diners&dives,can become a hit..so could you...
    Somebody on this forum's bound to have some contacts
    Just sayin'

Stan

That is a great idea and there are certainly worse shows on TV then a chick in a hot rod attending car events and meeting people. Maybe someone with connections will think it's a cleaver, unique idea and contact "us". You can be my manager.

I'l work for hugs & cookies....Stan

17. Looking forward to seeing BOTH you gals in my neighborhood next year!

18. Unibodyguy

Unibodyguy

Stan I also mentioned that idea ealier in this thread, I think some TV thing would be great on something like this. It would be a Hell of a lot better to watch than some of the other crap they put on now a days. Maybe somebody from the Speed Channal?? Just a thought. I'd sure make time to watch it.

Michael

19. Perhaps Mr. Leno is seeing this and thinking the same thing...
    Jesse James?

20. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

"Driving with Denise" Yep, it has a certain ring to it. The neat thing about that show would be you get to see everyones' shop and all the cool projects they're working on.

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You got it bud.....I know I can afford that!:D

When the time gets closer I'll post a thread asking about cruz nights, garages and shops to visit in the area.

Cookies and hugs for you as well!

With all the creative and talented folks here I wonder if there would be a way to hook up a couple of mini video cameras and broadcast a LIVE feed to the HAMB during a trip like this? One camera mounted on the windshield of Big Olds for the driving portion the other on a hat or something that I or Megan could wear. Maybe with a joystick type of controller to move the camera's angle. Anyone got any ideas whether something like this is possible?

22. wizzo

wizzo

Hey Denise, wow, what a great trip!! You're amazing! Thanks for taking the time to post everything you did & saw, I know that takes a lot of time to put all this together. I've got a trip like this on my bucket list. I'm blown away by the number of views this thread has too, lot of people following your adventures. If the person with the most friends wins, you've got it locked up! Look forward to seeing you in Bowling Green next month, hope you can squeeze another day off work. J (whatever that means, ha ha, inside joke);)

Later, Rick

23. onenew32

onenew32

Very Possible. streaming video through a laptop and a cell broadband card. It would get a little pricey for air time, but hit everyone up for a little sponsor money. I am not a guru, but i've seen it done on the rigs in west Texas. I know download time for videos is always a killer. You could put me down for a few bucks. Another thought.... have a cookie sale.

24. b-bob

b-bob

Hey you got a pic of my 51 coupe. I sold this a couple of years ago to purchase a house. That's OK, i still have my A Tudor, but it doesn't travel as well as that coupe did for many years. Great thread, realy enjoying it.

[​IMG]

25. b-bob

b-bob

He or she who dies with the most Friends,........WINS! This is certainly you!
    You have kindled the flame for me to go on another long road trip myself.

26. MLK

MLK

That would be awesome to watch!!!

Haven't been able to be on the H.A.M.B. much lately, but thanks for posting your adventures here, Denise.

It is really great for you to share all that with those who could not make the trip to any of these places.

Mike

27. ryno

ryno

id be good for a few bucks for the camera rig, of corse it would have to be a dash mounted unit and only live when you guys are passing a train!

28. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

a dash mounted one and a hat mounted one would be easy enough. 3G connectivity is pretty easy to deal with, though the resolution wouldn't be great. The bandwidth caps that the networks put on them may come into play though. You could route it all through one laptop with a 3G card. Some creative 80211.b wireless cams. could be fun, especially if pancakes are involved. :D

29. InPrimer

InPrimer

I second the motion for Denise be the the Hot Rodders spokesperson. Maybe we can fire Dennis Gage, he ugly anyways, LOL and have Denise go from event to event . She def has the looks, and personality I bet she can interview a statue and get an answer. Wow what a concept... getting paid to do something you love.......

30. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

OMG, you are too funny......and have a GREAT memory! :D

Boy, everyone's on a roll this morning. :D

Megan and I have talked about this before and the fact that there would need to be an "off" button as not everything on our trips is "traditional hot rod and custom" related OR for public consumption.;)

I've got a laptop that I always take on trips so basicly we need a couple of cameras, wireless access card and a geeky type guy to set it all up. If there are people out there that watch Big Brother live every night on Showtime there has got to be an interest in broadcasting hot rod events, shops, garages and the open road in a hot rod right?? Food for thought....foood for thought.