Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Big car shows on the east coast

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olds vroom, Jul 16, 2017.

1. olds vroom

olds vroom

Are there any car shows in the east that compare to the Syracuse nationals?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Frank Carey

Frank Carey

If Syracuse is still pulling 5,000+ cars, there are not any east coast shows with that many cars with the possible exception of the Daytona, FL, Turkey Run. There are, however, several east coast shows that despite having significantly fewer cars than Syracuse, will have a higher percentage of early rods and customs than you get at Syracuse. Check the NSRA website for their events in York. PA, Burlington, VT, and Tampa, FL.

3. Just remember, bigger is not always better.:D;)

4. Correct.....I went to the Syracuse Nats last weekend. If you love muscle cars and more door "hot rods" this is the show for you. If your like me & enjoy traditional hot rods & customs, you likely will be disappointed. I'm from the south and am TDY in NE Maryland. I drove up, had fun, I'd do it all over again, if for nothing but the great weather,given the situation.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. TVC

TVC

Where on the East Coast? Here in Massachusetts they hold an every other Thursday cruise night in the Bass Pro Shop parking lot at Patriots Stadium. A warm Summer night regularly brings in 2,000/3,000 cars. Just unbelievable, impossible to describe unless you've been there, seamlessly run, free for all, lots of room, well behaved, terrific hotdogs, and a nice solemn respectful salute to the flag, set high above the nearby building, about half way through.

WAY better than a regular car show, as it happens every other Thursday from April to October ! !

http://www.patriot-place.com/masscruisers#.WW5cIVKZO7Y

Frank Carey and clunker like this.
  6. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

White Wall Rama. July 29th. Riedlbauer Resort, Round Top NY 12473. First year show but a heavy focus on traditional rods and customs.I think worth checking out. I am a sponsor and will be there!!!!!

7. Not as big, but they are also racing... Hemmings Musclepalooza Sept 3 Lebanon Valley,

lothianwilly71 likes this.
  8. ............How long will you be in Maryland? If you're still here in three months, be sure not to miss this...... 16298904_10210204983994358_6237300630258714952_n.jpg

9. Only the second year for this and other than that I can't vouch for it but, It is within a reasonable drive. 001RetroFest.jpg

clunker, wraymen and lothianwilly71 like this.
  10. Where in NE Maryland are you on temporary duty and what is your job there? Just curious...........................................Don.:)

11. ...and there is that small show in Hershey in October.....;)