Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Beyond saving?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Blake 27, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Blake 27

Blake 27

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 6.JPG 6a2.JPG 6a3.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG 10.JPG DSC02956.JPG 32 sedan found by a friend in Nevada. He found a front 1/2 top and a drivers door. He took the remains to our friend Joe Brusaschetti at J B Custom Designs to perform his magic. Mild chop, filled roof,many patch panels, and a lot of bullet holes repaired.

lewk, kiwijeff, clem and 18 others like this.
  2. Slopok

Slopok

Wow, that sure has come a long way from what you started with. Looks great.

AmishMike and volvobrynk like this.
  3. bchctybob

bchctybob

Wow, what a save! I'll bet a few sheckels changed hands too.....

4. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

Wow...that's awesome! Any Deuce is worth saving...no matter the condition IMO... :)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    Jmorton27 likes this.

5. F&J

F&J

At 64, I am done with projects like that. It used to be a distraction from life, and felt good to figure out how to save each piece. Not any more, I hate it. These cars are not that rare, so I'd start with something a whole lot better next time....but the last one killed my spirit for good :(

almost done, but I just don't care about it now. It was not worth the struggle, working with 100% trash.
    DSCN0412.JPG

Edit: here is a pic. It was a 5w that had no roof, and road rash all around the right rear wheel bead, so it must be a body that fell off of a trailer? Frame was cut off for Pinto 2 front clip. My problem is that I only recall the things that went wrong, not anything that was fun.
    bbb.jpg

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  6. mike bowling

mike bowling

Junk to Jewels - love it.

keywestjack and kidcampbell71 like this.
  7. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

What did it look like when you started?

8. Blake: How much time lapsed between pic #1 and pic #3? I was gonna say if the number in you name is your age then you'd have time to get it done!! I'm with F&J on this one. At 70, I don't want anymore major rebuilds. Two or three of those will wear you down.

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

WOW! What a great '32 Tudor save, thanks for posting the photos. Bob

10. trey32

trey32

Totally worth saving

11. The 39 guy

The 39 guy

Great save! The metal worker has some awesome skills. I am glad there are still people out there willing to resurrect cars like this be it 32 or whatever is your dream.

12. 0NE BAD 51 MERC

0NE BAD 51 MERC

Beautiful Job! I have been at this over 40 years , always loved the challenge of saving something that everyone else wrote off . But I am going on 61 now and I don't seem to have the extra time I use to so I rather start with something solid and build instead of building something to build, lol! But I am glad that others still save them. I am one of those fools that think of old tin as having a soul! And that old soul is saying, Bless you!! And don't wimp out now and put suede on her , she deserves gloss paint like Henry intended, BLACK!!! :D Larry

Late to the Party likes this.
  13. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Frank, cmon man, just look at that top pic! I cant speak for you, but when I look at your car, my knees get wobbly.:)

14. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Nice metal work!!

15. F&J

F&J

ok, ok....I'm in a better mood now....my refrigerator was broken since late last night, been screwing with it all today and got it fixed now. LOL

....but my work is surely not at the same level as the OP's 32 sedan work....but I will drive fast so nobody can see the sketchy parts of it

pitman, texkbc, gonzo and 1 other person like this.
  16. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Tell you what op, I am not too proud to admit that I have been raving about your roadster PU on here since before it was even in Hot Rod Deluxe. Love the spring in front V8-60 axle.

17. wicarnut

wicarnut

Always enjoy this type of post, continues to amaze me with the level of skill that is out there. Another piece of history saved, please post progress, with that start, I'm sure, it will be a Nice Car!

Late to the Party likes this.
  18. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Knowing that '32s have been built entirely from scratch, makes it a no brainer to save all of them.

Runnin shine and Deucedreamer like this.
  19. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Another WOW. I love these threads and the talent people like you have. I take my hat off to you, congratulations

20. gonzo

gonzo

Looks great!

21. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

now, that was too easy - need a real challenge now

22. heavydumper

heavydumper

Maybe your post wasn't meant to be funny but I laughed when reading it. You might be walking around with a dead spirit but while you are at it make sure you are walking tall, because that finished product is something you should be proud of. It's a good looking Cabriolet. Nice work. Please post some more photos.

clem and Late to the Party like this.
  23. jeffd1988

jeffd1988

Talk about a build. You got your hands full. But wow it is looking good. Keep it up.

24. Hard work & determination can overcome most anything...
    I once read an artical that read, over 90% of all Fords ever manufactured, are still on the road today. The artical continued to state that the other 10% made it home. "That part I question"? :D But it looks like another old Ford may find it's way home soon.
    Keep up the good work, a very nice save........

25. scotti32

scotti32

Wow, that is awesome metal work. I have hundreds of hours in my tudor body and it is still pretty rough. It is taking way too long. Show us project pictures as it progresses.

26. Hell I thought all 32's were worth saving..........Most of my friends thought I was nut's when I brought my 3 window body home, but they really like it now. Plus you are only as old as you feel and if you want it bad enough age has nothing to do with it. 76 here and just rapping up my 3 window build. Can't wait to drive it to the LARS this June...

flatford39 likes this.
  27. Rocco611

Rocco611
    from Madera Ca.

beautiful job on the metal work.... takes a lot of time to take metal finishing that far. I find metal working relaxing now that I do I.T. for a living, when I was working in a body shop I always wanted to be doing something else.

28. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

anyone can rebuild a nice one. this guy has developed some skills. his Dad must have been a TV repair man with the ultimate set of tools.

29. clem

clem

Awesome !
    That looks amazing?
    Second best roof fill I've ever seen.
    Looking forward to seeing more pics and finished car.