Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Best T5 parts source

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Katuna, May 25, 2020.

1. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

I need to replace the synchros for 5th in my NWC trans and I figured I’d go through the whole thing while I’m in there. Where’s the best place to get parts from? I’m not building a beast, it’s behind a relatively mild Flathead so I don’t need beast level parts. It is a NWC after all but I would like reliable as opposed to cheap junk. Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. mkubacak

mkubacak

I have not bought parts yet for my rebuild, but this place has been super helpful over the phone in answering questions about my frankenstein T5 build. When the time comes, I will call them first for my rebuild parts.

https://www.tbtrans.com/t5_transmission.htm

I had contacted Tremec directly about the lack of availability of individual gears for NWC 2.95 applications. They just kept referring me to different dealers that did not have any. Maybe someday they will figure out they might need to make some more. But, with the decrease in demand for manual transmissions, there may not be a need.