Register now to get rid of these ads!

Best Parts Cleaner ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by buick320a, May 1, 2008.

1. buick320a

buick320a
    from indiana

Needing to replace parts cleaner, I tried the water based and wasn't satisfied (forgot brand) and minerial spirits too smelly. What are you using ?

2. dzahm

dzahm
    from NC

I like the trusty old bucket of diesel and/or kerosene- just move it outside when welding/grinding- it does smell bad though- Gas works great, and smells "good" but I have way too many ignition sources in my garage to use this

3. There is some really good soy based stuff . Works great but not cheap .

4. Industrial strength Simple Green cut with water (4 gallons water to 1 gallon Simple Green.) Works fine, for the extra scongy stuff, I let it soak overnight.

5. RugBlaster

RugBlaster

I don't know why some people are always ragging on the naptha agreement....I find it to be a great solvent.....What's that? Nafta Agreement?

Never mind.

6. 73RR

73RR

If you are looking for an industrial grade cleaner look into the ZEP web site and contact your local rep. Zep has hundreds of cleaning products and some of the best in the market for automotive.

7. JDHolmes

JDHolmes
    from Spring TX

I'm still looking for a solution also. Bought a five gallon bucket of industrial strength ZEP from the Depot. It is LYE based, so be careful. It does an excellent job of cutting grease and cleaning stuff up. BUT, it does stain/discolor metal if left too long and the damned stuff ate up an expensive Pontiac carb.

Simple Green is next for me.

8. Rick Thompson

Rick Thompson
    Alliance Vendor

I need to clean parts cleaner this Saturday, I will switch to Simple Green