Register now to get rid of these ads!

Best automotive girl name, slightly OT

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MichaelDorman, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5window

5window

I agree. Although, our first car after we were married was named Rachel and long after the car was gone we named our third daughter Rachel (after Sarah and Abbey). Our daughter Rachel has proved to be much more enjoyable and reliable than the car ever was.

2. Electra

Diana

Elizabeth
    Lots of nicknames with this one - Beth, Betty, Bets, Liz, Lizzie, Liza, Ellie

3. mauro d-100

mauro d-100

if she isnt normal...

Flathead

4. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

5. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

6. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I am a fan simply giving her a great girls name and then buying her a car with a really cool automotive name. I had a neighbor named Bambi when I was a kid. Funny thing is that she still changed her name when she became a stripper. I can't remember what she changed it too but it was something fairly heavy metal-ish. Then she died of a drug overdose which was also pretty heavy-metalish. Anyway, I'd skip the car names personally (and I did) and just make sure she appreciates cars and has a good one.

7. ALindustrial

ALindustrial

i personally like victoria! :D its a crowd favorite... and its semi-normal :D

8. Flatdog

Flatdog
    Member Emeritus

What she said.

9. seatex

seatex

I named my daughter Shelby, and now that she's driving, she thinks I should buy her one!:confused:

10. storm king

storm king

I guess it would be the apex of foolishness to think someone would name a kid a family name to carry on a lineage.
    My own daughters named their kids the most bizzare names; and even though I love the kids, and they think their names are normal since it's all they've ever been called, but every time they tell someone for the first time it's like WHAT??? It pisses me off to no end that parents have so little respect for themselves or their kids to name them such wierd shit.

11. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

My daughters name is Cheyenne..but it wasnt because of the chevy truck.
    I have some American Indian in my blood. and Cheyenne Wyoming and Cheyenne Mountain, and The Cheyenne River, just kept calling me back to that name. Not to mention the Cheyenne Indian Tribe.
    Just so happens to also be a chevy truck..

12. jonny o

jonny o

13. bumpybigblok

bumpybigblok
    from Midwest

Luv Sharon Best if last name is Peters

14. Split wishbone

15. 49coupe

49coupe

"It pisses me off to no end that parents have so little respect for themselves or their kids to name them such wierd shit."

Amen. Try going through school with names like Apple, Chastity, Scout or Cam. Kids are cruel enough without giving others ammunition. It's your hobby, not theirs. Name you kid something you and your wife like, name the car a cool car name. And for heavens sake if you come here and your name is offensive, change it. I went to school with a Sukdep and Kok.:confused: Just my 0.02.

16. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My vote is for Christine!! :D

17. banjorear

banjorear

Man, it had to go there. C'Mon, it's for the kids!

18. Goofy names = no good

Life is hard enough as it is, no need to saddle a kid with a weird name that they get to explain for the rest of their life.

I like Mallory and Shelby.

19. lackluster

lackluster

I'm hoping for twins, demon and gremlin.

20. I suggest CliTaurus.

Bryan

21. lackluster

lackluster

If I have triplets, then the third one will be named "short bus"

22. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

I can not believe this thread is still open !!

Being a Father of a Great Car loving Daughter, I had to look last night... I came accross the first " CUM DUMPSTER" remark & was to say the least Pissed !!

Yeah, I talk alot of shit here, And i get in trouble, Banned & Threatened by alot of you tough guys on here.

But again, Being a father of a Girl if anyone popped off with a handfull of name that some of you have posted here i would bust you in the mouth for Disrepsecting a young girl that way.

The guy wants to name his Baby a car related name, Thats his choice, But Popping off with "CLITTAURUS" "CUMDUMPSTER" ?

WTF is wrong with you guys ? I cant believe the Moderators havent closed this off !!

Apparrently some of you dont have Kids and if you did you may think twice about the Bullshit that runs from your mouth about another mans Children.

23. I was a boy named Sue.

We're expecting our second set of twins in September, so we're head deep into names as well. To early to tell if these will be boys or girls.

I second the thought of keeping the hobby in the garage, you can always give them a nickname later. On the other hand, I'm not afraid of unusual names, sure, you won't find a premade miniature license plate with the name on it, but there's just something about giving names from our heritage, instead of just choosing a currently popular name.

24. Smart-ass answers are offered on threads that don't belong here....you of all people know that. I would wager that the original poster expected some bullshit responses...afterall, this is the HAMB.

And seriously,,,who would want a bunch of hotrodders on the internet to name his kid anyway?

Bryan

25. buckeye_01

buckeye_01

Amen brother!!

26. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

You are correct about bullshit responses, And i admited i talk LONG shit....

But if someone spouted shit about YOUR daughter or even your Wife/girlfriend calling her CUMDUMPSTER you wouldnt take it light ..

There are plenty of threads that dont belong and get plenty of coverage here, That is no excuse to shoot rude names at the guys soon to be Daugheter.

27. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I just noticed this thread. Sorry it took this long.

...some people's kids...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.