Register now to get rid of these ads!

BENIFIT car show in PHX AZ info and request

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scooter, Aug 12, 2004.

1. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

OK H.A.M.B.ers , here is the skinny .A local hot rod/ racer guy named LARRY YOUNG found out he has lung cancer .NO HE NEVER SMOKED A DAY IN HIS LIFE . does not drink either .And for a second BUMMER he has no health ins .I told larry i would try and get a fund raiser together so here is my effort .SAT SEPT 4TH at a place called FAT CATS in PHX AZ , from 5 pm Til ? PARTY TIL YA PUKE "just not on me" .CAR SHOW /50/50 /DJ /SO FAR 3 BANDS maybe more / SILENT AUCTION!EVERYTHING IS BY DONATION ONLY . You wanna get in to see the bands DONATION , just want to bring your ride to the show and bs DONATION. I am in no way saying you drive in for this show but if your in the area we welcome your support .LAST thing I am wanting to fill 3 8' tables w/ SILENT auction items .IF ANYBODY HAS ANYTHING hot rod car or sprint car or race etc related they can give up and donate for this worthy cause PLEASE LET ME KNOW .THANK-YOU -Ryan i hope this was ok to post ,if not ..PS I will not make one thin dime Nor will anyone else that helps or works the show 100% goes to larry young .THANKS AGAIN FOR READING .

2. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

JUST AN UPDATE , i called larry after posting this thread , he was EXTREAMLY greatful , and told me his test's are going along now and he did get into the mayo hospital like he wanted for treatment .I think i just made his day a bit better w/ this show news . We will see how this event goes and if more are needed for this super nice guy so be it .have a great one and thatnks for reading . AGAIN IF INTERESTED IN DONATIONS FOR OUR SILENT AUCTION PLEASE CONTACT ME .anything of intrest will help [​IMG]

3. Mike

Mike

Hey guys, Larry is a long time hot rodder, sprint car racer and a really great guy. He has been a big help to a lot of people in the hot rod and racing communities. If any of you goons can be at this show please do.

Hey scoot, let me know what I can do to help out. I'll be out of town on family business this weekend. I'll talk to you next week some time.

4. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

MIKE your 100% correct , this is one of those rod/race guys that needs some help and deserves it .Thanks MIKE i will let ya know .MAIN THING is auction items for the silent auction , i want to fill or overfill 3 8' tables w/ goodies .Also will need some labor .spread the word and come out and have some FUN too .THANKS AGAIN FOR READIN [​IMG]

5. Mike

Mike

6. OGNC

OGNC
    Member Emeritus

I won't be able to make it out for the show, but have you guys set up any way for people who want to make a donation but can't make the show? Paypal? Mailing address? Bank Account (a lot of banks will set up a special account for stuff like this)?

7. Hey Scooter put me down for being there with the duece and here is something else you might want to use. I have been a DJ for over ten years and have had my own radio show on coperate stations down here for a long time. Here is the deal you get the dj equipment and I will bring all the hot rod music you can listen too and I will dj for free. Let me know if I can help with anything else.

8. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

OGNC WOW thanks very generous of you to do a CASH offer .I do not have a paypal account set up nor a seperate bank account .If people do wish to make a donation of anykind CASH,CHECK, MONEY ORDER , THING FOR THE SILENT AUCTION etc .Please PM me or e-mail ME .Since this is a benifit , i would say make any and all money contributions out to LARRY YOUNG since that is who this is all for .MAIL me and i will get you my address .If there are alotta requests like yours i may just goahead and post my address .
    AGAIN RYAN i did send you mail and hope this whole thing is cool w/ you .
    RON glad to hear your makin the trip to our lil show .I think we have the D-J thing allready wrapped up .WE do need more silent auction items , just come and have some fun !
    Hope nothing changes in the comming weeks if they do i will let everybody know .
    THANKS ya all for your support and mail thus far !
    LARRY was just taken a back at all that is going on for his benifit .My answer was geez i thought this is what us hotrodders do for eachother . [​IMG] . I told him if he needs further help in his recovery another benifit maybe added and ideas are always welcome to help in this worthy cause .
    "VIVA LA HAMB "

9. Glen

Glen

Larry is a great guy all of us AZ guys know.

I purchased my 48 Buick from Larry when it was "field fresh", my old straight 8 now lives in his beater. here are a couple of pics I have collected of his stuff.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This pic below was taken the day I brought my Buick home from his house:

[​IMG]

10. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

ANOTHER NOTE that OLD roadster w/ the straight 8 and flame job was SOLD , and most of his cars are for sale .And yes that is the man himself fork inhand in that first shot .THANKS GLEN .. [​IMG]

11. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

BUMP TO TOP-If any az people have a line on a dunk tank please let m know .If nothing else it would be great to watch the gals go for a swim .dunkOhamber ?

12. Glen I love your Buick, what's in the trunk this time?

We had a local guy here with cancer. We threw a car show
    for his benefit and were able to raise $1,800 off donations
    and raffle. Wild Bill was barley able to walk when he
    showed up, but made a point of walking around and thanking
    people.

I heard the other day he beat the cancer too. good luck, I
    wish I was closer. I guess Deyo can represent for Dallas.
    TZ

13. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Scooter, pm your address and I will send something for the tables! geoff aka Whodaky!

14. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

If you're interested I could dig up an original for the cause. I don't know if I've ever met Larry, but he looks familiar, I sure want to help if I can. Give me a call sometime Scooter and we'll figure it out.

15. rev616

rev616

damn,id like to make it,but i will be in michigan..

16. rev616

rev616

i think i saw your buick at the pavillions a couple weeks back,its definatly an awesome ride

17. mrsgettingreasy

mrsgettingreasy

Hey Scoot! Did I ever meet Larry? Anywho, I want to send a little something if I can. Email me your address or his.

Missing Phx. If I could be back there I would and I would deffinatly attend the show.

~Lou Lou~ [​IMG]

18. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

whodacky and Mrs gettin greasy i sent ya both pm's w/ my addy THANKS you guys all rock ! JEEM PM me or mail me your # i can not find anything right now w/ all the planning going on . AND THANKS JEEM !
    ANOTHER UPDATE : This event is growing by the day and may have to move its location to a bigger one . we may have that covered too .We now have event t-shirts donated too WAHOO ! THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERYONES HELP AND SUPPORT !

19. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

No worries Scooter,will send something off this week Geoff aka Whodaky

20. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

WHODAKY .. THANKS , while yer at it pry one of those boomerangs from one of the local natives . THOSE THINGS ARE COOL ! [​IMG]. Send me your shirt size i will try and send you an event shirt for your great deed !

21. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

[​IMG] Thanks AGAIN for all your positive responces [​IMG]
    I have listed my address below , for those wishing to send a check to this great cause PLEASE MAKE IT OUT TO LARRY YOUNG .ADDY IS "SCOOTER " for larry young AT 15206 north 28th street PHX az 85032 . AND YES i will take 1 dollar .
    My personal goal is to fill 3 -5 gallon water bottles w/ greenbacks .
    Larry had to have a test the other day and the nice people at the hospital gave him a cash discount . The bill still came to almost 5 grand just for the one test!
    EVERYTHING WILL AND DOES HELP ! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Thanks you all are the greatest i have been sayin that for years !
    If the T-SHIRT thing is a hit maybe we can sell off what remains after the show .
    AGAIN thats to RYAN for lettin me use this forum for this aswell .

22. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

[​IMG] "bump from page 6

23. jerry

jerry

this is going to be one helluva time!

jerry

24. Mart

Mart

Hey look, as if by magic this post is back to page 1!

25. Gas_Tires_Oil

Gas_Tires_Oil

Scooter - sent something your way for Larry. Hope he gets well soon.

Phil

26. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

Phil THANKS [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] LOOKS like the shows locations in going to be at a bar and its LARGER parking lot , called shananigans . bell road just east of I-17 .The silent auction alone is looking better than a swapmeet .Some of the items are . finned alum y-block valvecovers , stromburg 97 carbs ,BBC intake,Tear drop trailer plans,dropped ft axle ,Origional art by JEEM ,so-cal speed shop and az street rods both said they would pony up for auction items . just ta name a few .
    Thanks again for all your support ! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

27. Munson

Munson
    from Tempe, AZ

Sounds cool, I shall be there for sure!
    Shenanigans Bar and Grill: 2244 W. Bell Rd. Phx, AZ

Attached Files:

28. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

YES MUNSON thats the place , and the event will be help there .The bar just confirmed it and oked it ! Thanks for postin that map . [​IMG]

29. Mike

Mike

30. scooter

scooter
    from phx,az,USA

GAS TIRES OIL ! THANKS got your envelope today and it will rreally help out alot !
    Had dinner with larry young last night and they think they may have to remove one whole lung , glad he has 2 .AGAIN ANY AND ALL HELP IN THIS FUND RAISER WOULD BE GREAT THANK YOU !