Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bendix Hydro Vac

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dale Fairfax, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

Excuse me if this is O.T. but where would one find a small Hydro Vac (probably the size used on a 3/4 ton truck). A friend is transplanting a '40s Dodge wagon BACK onto an original chassis from the late model truck chassis that some PO had moved it to some years ago. Current owner has asked some concessions for the sake of his wife: auto transmission and power brakes. The automatic part has been taken care of via a '50s Plymouth transmission. I hate to see him use the firewall mounted brake booster from the late model chassis though. It'll be totally out of place in there with that silver inline flathead six. Anybody know of a source? (I had one many years ago-about 6" in diameter-and sold it).

2. RopeSeals???

RopeSeals???

Try Haldex P/N RV379474X (Bendix P/N 379474) 6 3/4" Dia X 14 1/2" Length

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  3. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

That piece from Haldex would be the right answer if he could afford it. Jeez, they're pricey. Does anybody know of a less expensive alternative? like maybe a used one?

Thanks for the lead though.