Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Belly/wing tank identification help needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jeff Heidman, Nov 13, 2022.

1. Jeff Heidman

Jeff Heidman
    from GA

I got this homemade pontoon boat from a friend who passed before I could ask him, and need help identifying the belly/wing tanks. I searched the tanks for any nomenclature or data plates for which aircraft it was used on. only found two red painted warning placards on it. One has Property US Gov on it and the other is a caution placard about how to move this on a ferry flight I think. No evidence of any plate being riveted or bolted anywhere. has a fill port and a rear plug in the alum casting.

I am trying to prevent the tanks from going to scrap if it stayed on their property. I only found this in the web, that's the only info that has the same tank profile. I measured it and it is 174" and looks like 22" dia.
    Saw this on the web it matches the tank profile and this looks like it is a three piece tank similar to this patent file

https://patents.google.com/patent/US2755045A/en

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
    das858 likes this.
  2. Jeff Heidman

Jeff Heidman
    from GA

Adding this pic to confirm what my tanks are. note the front detonator protruding from the front and the rear end blow out valve on the rear of this style napalm tank. My tanks have a similar detonator cover, and similar rear vent fitting

20221130_185911.jpg

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
  3. rusty valley

rusty valley

I think those are known as "wing tanks"