Register now to get rid of these ads!

Been lurking and learning in Willis, TX

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by shivasdad, Aug 6, 2012.

1. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Hey there everyone. I've known about the HAMB for years and posted a few things in the past without being aware of the politeness of introducing myself. I have learned a tremendous amount just from reading and looking at stuff the past year or so.

My dad raced AA/FA in the late 60s early 70s until life (three kids and a crazy wife) forced him to opt out of that dream and into "life". I'm the middle kid and was a companion of his in the garage from the time I could walk, and I loved it all. When I was 2 he had a '52 Chevy with a straight six, open headers that I was terrified of, until I got my first ride to the store, then I was always in the way and wanting to ride. After that he got this and was very successful, just not in the right class for the money to come rolling in. His name was J.T. Young and the car was The Different Drummer.

After messing around for years and years, I'm more settled now, and started my own shop in November of 2011. I try to focus on older cars but have worked on stuff as late as a 1985 Bronco. I figured I could redeem myself by rodding it with an Offy intake and Holley 390 and an exhaust upgrade to make it sound and act a little meaner. The owner is really happy. My next shop project is a full restoration of a 1959 Fiat. He won't let me put a bigger engine in it.

My personal projects are all over the place. I have a '36 Ford truck that I built, glass body on a Ranger chassis. I have a '66 F-100 that is all original and needs some floors and body mounts but runs good with the original 240 inline 6. I have a '38 Dodge Sedan that is in great shape but in pieces. I bought it as a basket case and it needs about 6 months of work to get running. Now if I can just squeeze some more time into the days.

Personally, been married for 17 years and we have three dogs and two sons. Oh, perhaps I'm supposed to mention the kids first? They don't help out with the cars nearly as much as the dogs do.

That's about it now, hope I've satisfied the politeness factor because I feel like posting more now. I particularly love the builds people do and admire the dedication to getting pictures and text up often. I'll do my best when I get back to the Dodge. Thanks for letting us FNGs in on the action.

Attached Files:

2. APACHE FS

APACHE FS

Welcome from a fellow Texan, I too have a straight six my kid is scared of!

3. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

Welcome from your northern neighbor--Oklahoma.

4. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota