Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Been Busy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FoMoCoPower, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Not many were completely aware of the entire scope of it. A lot of it took place behind the scenes. Long story, but I'll give you the highlights. Ahhhhh...to heck with the highlight...I'll tell ya the whole story.

56PontiacPiano. Many here spent a lot of time and effort and I don't know how many pages trying to help him with a no-start issue on his red and white '56 Pontiac with the painted-on whitewalls. Saxman (who mentioned the little terrorist) and I both spent quite a bit of time trying to help him, communicating through PMs...not just with his car, but also how and how not to conduct oneself on the Hamb. We were just trying to help a young FNG out ya know. But he had a real hard time listening, and an even harder time implementing. He was all over the place, what with rebuilding his radio and who knows what. He definitely had a difficult time focusing. He was trying the Hamb's patience to say the least...and finally even mine. He started getting pretty pissy and offensive on the board...though I have to say that he was provoked a bit. Fact is though, some of the guys saw him for the problem child he is before I did, so it's understandable. Still trying to help him, I told him he better cool it, and he said he'd follow my suggestions...but did just the opposite and got even worse. I finally told him that I was through with him if he wouldn't do what he promised. Then he got banned.

I felt kinda bad, but I also thought that was the end of it. Nope...it gets better. :rolleyes:

He immediately rejoined as YakityYak and started posting on his old threads and justifying his alter-ego's actions and reactions. He contacted me again, and I basically said, "WTF are you doing?" and told him he better lay low and learn a lesson or two. Hah...not a chance...too big for his britches. I finally told him we were done for good. Then he got banned...again.

And I thought that was for sure the end of it. Nope...it gets even better. :confused:

Next thing I know, Ryan sends me a PM telling me that some new member by the name of YoungEast sent him a PM telling him that I was "talking shit about him all over the internet." I was like "What?!?? The pos was trying to ruin me!...lol. Apparently, the punk had modified some of my PMs, and "shared" them with Ryan. Ryan knew better though, and being of excellent character, assured me that he and I were ok, and that "YoungEast" was banned again...for a 3rd time. Whew...I felt better. Ryan's a good man.

And I thought that had to be the end of it. Nope...it gets better still! :eek:

A few months pass, and somewhere in there, I lost the ability to access my email, and had to contact my provider to straighten things out...and they had me change my password. Not long after, Ryan sends me another PM. He asks me if I know of a YoungEast and that he thought he remembered that I did...and asked me to refresh his memory and whether I had any contact info, because he needed to speak with this person. I reiterated the whole shebang, and added that I didn't have any contact info though because I had deleted all the related PMs. Ryan wrote back and thanked me, said he remembered now, and that the kid was back and causing some kind of problems again. I didn't ask for the details. I put 2 and 2 together, (I'm slow, but not completely ignorant...lol) and I realized that the little brat had probably hacked my email account as further retribution for being "mean" to him. :mad:...and I said as much to Ryan. Ryan said he'd be willing to bet that to be the case, since it was this kid's style. He suggested I use "good passwords" and that he had enough of this individual's IP address to find him.

So that's what I get for trying to help the little bastard. One good thing came of this though. It became very very clear to me that some of the short tempers and lack of patience of some of the long-standing members here are certainly justified at times...not all the time, but often. They've seen a lot more of this kind of BULLSHIT here than I have, and they don't have the time or the desire to waste their time or efforts with it. And they can see it coming a mile away...lol. That's why in so many cases, you'll see that they'll make an effort to help, but if it looks like it's a worthless proposition and bullshit, they'll say so in no uncertain terms. It's not being "mean" per se...it's more like self-preservation...lol. So again, I may be slow, but I learn eventually.

Keep your eyes peeled around here for a crappy-assed red and white '56 Pontiac, guys.

And FoMoCoPower, sorry for the hijack, but I thought this was a good opportunity to share this. Glad to see you back and moving forward with you life in a really good way. All the best to you and your bride!

- Rick

2. Oh yeah,I definitely remember that fiasco,He got on my wrong side early on,,I tried to help and he sent me a E-mail about all I was concerned about was post counts and I was a mean person.

I let it slide and thought it was over,,then he sent me another PM asking me questions like we were pals,,,I never replied. He wouldn't listen if I had. :mad:

Rick,you went out of your why trying to help that clown. HRP

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  3. GERM was back, and then he left again. Or maybe that was before you left.

Never mind.

Cosmo

4. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Really? So apparently he was being intrusive with a number of people here. But you cut it short. Good move. You're obviously smarter than I am, HRP...lol.

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Know that the above is a really condensed version of what really went on. You should have been here. :rolleyes::eek::D:D

Frank

6. Not smarter,,there are just some kids and adults that you just know early on that they are not going to listen and are here to create drama.

Remember Rick,you are one of the good ones!:) HRP

7. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:p:D And the beat goes on.I just love this site.God bless Ryan.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

8. metal man

metal man

Wow, Rick....That's a hell of a story. The little brat will probably wind up in prison eventually.

9. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

I was abbreviating....Well best excuse I can think of..:rolleyes:

10. Commish

Commish
    from NW Ok

And to top that off, the passengers on that boat were climate scientists.

seb fontana likes this.
  11. slammed

slammed

To the bar.....toga!

12. Germ

Germ

You missed several "chops" that were done with the "Apple Pie" slice looking rear quarter windows....The shit was flowing like a vagina with only half the hair farm buzzed off....You missed my facebook profile I gave out the password for.............

I explained the difference between "then" and "than".............
    "I would much rather have a back massage, "then" have intercourse".....

Now if you added "Than"
    I would guess that you might like rainbows and 67 chevy stepsides with wide white walls.

I been looking for a 39-40 merc coupe to build..
    and trying to figure out the guy I owe 50 dollars of t-shirt money to that I blew off right before I went into rehab.

I have 2 years of sobriety now and I feel safer looking in from the outside..

13. [​IMG]
    Hey germ any pics of the ranchero chop?

14. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

Well... yes and no. Lost the wife in 2019 to cancer. I'm still hanging in there, well myself and my almost 8 year old son. Trying to get back to working on vehicles more often than not. And wtf happened to my post lmao.

15. ronzmtrwrx

ronzmtrwrx

Sorry to hear of your loss. Gotta keep on keeping on. Cars help. As for your thread, there were some interesting comments. Lol

seb fontana likes this.