Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bedroom Set out of 1956 Ford Truck Bed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3onthetree3, May 29, 2013.

1. oldnuts

oldnuts
    from nebraska

Dude you need to talk her into letting you put the back half of the hearse in the master. That would be a kick ass bed

2. fleet-master

fleet-master

but then he might end up all stiff!

3. Model T1

Model T1

Nice. I always thought of those ideas but never followed thru. Still sleeping on a 70's waterbed. Kids have ho-hum plain beds.
    Main thing is we are staying out of the dog house.

4. JunkYardGuy

JunkYardGuy

Looking forward to seeing the finished product. My grandson would love a bed like that. Looks great so far.

5. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

that is cool!

6. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D The kids are going to love those.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo

7. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

It's off topic (like this thread isn't?) but I know where there is a daully bed for you and the missus! ;)

8. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

No real plans for it right now, it was just such a cool front clip, I had to have it. No hood with is, but I will find something cool to do with it. I think it will be a wall hanger one of these days.

9. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

I have had the idea for a while, but always had so much other stuff going on. My wife told me if I don't do it soon, they will outgrow the beds. She is right, time flies with these kids. We gotta keep the Hot Rod Culture going, and I am doing my best to make sure there are at least 2 more little Hot Rodders out there in the world....

10. 49styleline

49styleline
    from oregon

And I think your doing a damn good job at that!

11. handmedown40limited

handmedown40limited
    from tracy ca

can I copy? My wife is gonna hate you!!! Lol awesome idea. Already looking for a truck bed..

12. JeremyBurke

JeremyBurke

Saw this thread showed it too my wife. She loved it and we are going to make our youngest son's bed this way. The older two have transportation inspired beds out of wood that I made 1 boat, and 1 train, only fitting that I make one truck bed as well. Thanks for the idea and inspiration.

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  13. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

Very cool. The world would be a better place if we could all sleep in our cars....

14. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Theyre gonna be little hoodlums and spend all day lookin at the HAMB.
    Those are just the coolest and youre a good Dad.

15. outlaw256

outlaw256

i think your gonna win the daddy of the yr award.!!! i love it . now talk to me about that hearst you have!!! really.!

16. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

If I could only be so lucky!!!!!

17. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

We have to be quiet about the hearse around here, she did not roll off the assembly line until 1967, and that is not welcome around here...SHHHHHHHH....
    She is tubbed and ladder bar rear suspension on air. Front is also on air. And another Non Hamb friendly set of wheels and tires....24x15 custom rear wheels with 325/20/24 tires. Tucks them nicely.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Buzznut

Buzznut

Pretty cool, but I just don't think that I personally could get past the thought of all the dead people being carried to the graveyard in the back of one... That's just me, they're still cool to look at.

19. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

Thanks a lot. I own it because I have always thought that hearses and ambulances were such a unique vehicle. I am not a weirdo that likes Goth or dead people, but just the fact that Cadillac was involved, and created such a unique platform for the professional cars, I think is very cool.
    I do understand that a lot of people are freaked out by them. I just think they are the coolest.

20. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

I will be working some long hours for the next few weeks, so progress will be slow, but I did get the facing on the roof last night. Cement board is ready to cut, and you can see my son is dividing the used brick we are gonna use.

[​IMG]

21. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

[​IMG]Jes like da one that my pappy made me. :cool:

Last edited: May 31, 2013
  22. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

Sounds like a car bed would round out the collection. Good Luck and keep us posted.

23. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Can't wait to see the progress my Grandson would absolutely LOVE it! But his bedroom is on the second floor and well, his Mom would hit the roof!

24. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

Mine are both on the second floor. I built the beds so the they can be taken apart with a 7/16 wrench. They come in 4 parts that one guy can carry. Very easy to move and build.

The Mother thing I cant help you with, just barely able to talk my wife into it.

25. JeremyBurke

JeremyBurke

Picked up a 1948 F2 bed today. The sides and tail gate have great patina. I am debating about how to shorten the sides to get the best look. And correct length. Will post a picture or 2 once I get started. First I need a good welder and some grinders as well.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

26. MoparJoel

MoparJoel

27. 3onthetree3

3onthetree3
    from Saugerties

Got most of the shingles done on the roof last night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2013
  28. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Awesome! Cant wait to see it done!

29. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The operations manager at a past employer drove a hearse every day. I got a big kick out of the few who'd vociferously refuse to ride in it for a similar reason. My thought was I'll ride in it now, even drive it, I'm cheating the reaper. "Fuck you reaper, I'll get in on my own!" Ok, not really but it was fun to lay it on the ones who were scared.

I was just thinkin, with enough room they should be able to sleep in those "beds" for a long time. Just drop the gates for a longer mattress in the future, by then they'll be old enough that the chains wouldn't be a problem. Jes thinkin out loud. Kool idea, great dad:cool:

30. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Love it. Proof that there are rednecks in New York!