Register now to get rid of these ads!

Become a salt hero the EZ way!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jangleguy, Jan 12, 2007.

1. rixrex

rixrex

Yeah...put me in for an XL t-shirt. anybody wanting to go 140 in a Morris Minor has got my support/prayers....

2. jangleguy

jangleguy

T-bag! Wow. I thought you were dead! Oh well...So, do you think your dream house will be finished by September? You should be about due for a bugs-in-yer-face cross country roadster trip by then, eh? Or would you rather read about it on the computer in your air conditioned den? Yeah, that's right T-bolt, I'm callin' your ass out!
    Who told you about me using the library computer? Shit, gotta put in some more quarters! I'll be right back...
    Scotty

3. jangleguy

jangleguy

Ratstar - Thanks for offering to help out. My buddy Chris will be happy to shave your back! He'll probably do it for free. We'll be stopping by your place if we decide to go around the world first, then we'll come in on the Utah side. Otherwise, probably not - it's gonna be quite a drive in that little torture chamber as it is, without going any further than we have to. but thanks for the support!
    Scotty

4. Aint no going back, carpet shows up next week and the new Knight shows up in 30 day +or-!

Plus, with strawbale construction, there isnt any AC...............life is good. We will see how September treats us..........I miss the Salt. T

5. jangleguy

jangleguy

Rixrex - Thanks for stepping up for a shirt! Every one helps us get another mile. BTW, I want to go a lot faster than 140. We'll see...

Just a reminder: We won't know until tomorrow (at the earliest) what we'll have to charge for these shirts. I think it's killer that you guys want one, but don't you wanna know the price first? We'll keep it as low as possible. Quanity over quality! I've been playing with the artwork all day (fun). I'll post something about pricing as soon as I know something...
    Scotty

6. jangleguy

jangleguy

You're livin' my dream, man. Good for you. Hope it works out - I haven't met Ms. T yet. After September, I might want to trade the Morris for a house in the Dakotas...

7. We have a spare lot, 8 acres

8. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Welp, salt, hero's or crazy men's driving down from the land of water or not.....................I still missed you.:D

9. jangleguy

jangleguy

SOLD! I'll take it! You won't regret this, T-bucket - I'll be the perfect neighbor, you'll see. You'll never get bored out there in the sticks, with all the help I'll need on my projects. Not to mention the tools I'll need to borrow. And I know you have lots of parts you'll probably sell me for cheap. Man, this is gonna be great! Did I tell you about my dream of raising hogs? Now I can finally do it and we'll have all the bacon we'll ever need. We'll be one big happy family, growing old together in paradise. I am so stoked! In the morning, I'll start packing my shit in the truck and get ready to head out east and start my shiney new life with you guys(of course, I'll have to borrow a few bucks for gas). I gotta panic now and start packing - can't wait 'till morning -
    scotty

10. jangleguy

jangleguy

bbbBrandy?! Is it really you? Oh my God! How'd you ever track me down? I mean, uh - OH, you think I'm THAT Jangleguy? No, no, no. People are always confusing me with that guy. I think he moved to South Dakota or something. "What's that, Honey? Yeah, I'm coming to bed right now". Well, I gotta go. Nice meeting you, maam...

11. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Uh huh. Come on, at least play a more convincing role.:D

12. jangleguy

jangleguy

Still into role playing, eh? God I miss tha- I mean - I don't know what you're you talking about! Oh all right - who am I kiddin'? I knew you'd track me down some day. I am SO busted...Hey Brandy! Look behind you! There's an exhaust manifold assaulting the A-arm on your Pontiac! heh,heh,heh...

13. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

Hahaha I like to think of that A-arm making love to my exhaust manifold.........it's because I'm a luver not a fighter.:D

Ya okay alright who am I kidding?! :rolleyes: You should have seen the fight I got into today. The bed of an Chevrolet Avalanche busted me across the nose..........You wanna be the Adrian to my Rocky?:D

14. looz nutz

looz nutz

I will take two t shirts. Anyone Crazy enough to try and go fast in that english eggshell deserves a chance. Hope you brake the record you are going for. Good luck you are going to neeeeeeeeeed it.

15. jangleguy

jangleguy

Say, that reminds me - the first big setback on the Morris re-do was finding that I'd spun two main bearings in the 406. I have a nice reciprocating assembly to build a 377 (took years to buy those parts - one at a time, as I could afford them), but didn't want to put those premium parts into that crappy block (it's always had issues). I got major sticker shock when I started shopping for another 400 block. That was 3 weeks ago. Tonight, an old friend called to say he has a good stock bore '70 block (4-bolt, with the 3 freeze plugs). He sold it to me for a (very) fair price and I'll drive to Portland to pick it up next week. That's so typical: I beat myself senseless, wasting time on one dead-end after another, until I wear myself out and give up - then a friend offers me what I need, out of the blue. It was meant to be. That's how everything on this car has worked out and I'm glad to see it's still happening. Isn't that a nice story? It's your first official project update. Okay, speaking of worn out - bedtime for jangleguy now...

16. jangleguy

jangleguy

Ouch! You really got run over by an Avalanche? Yikes! Sorry to hear that. Glad to hear you're still a luver not a fighter.
    It's late for me. I gotta go. But it IS nice to hear from you again.

17. jangleguy

jangleguy

Thanks for the shirt order, Mr. Nutz! Your quote is one of the ones I'll remember if/when I barrel roll through the traps. I mean, thanks for the good luck wish!