Here's my take on the whole beef up the roller thing. Rather than weld to the existing plate, I just made two new ones and used the original as a guide for drilling the holes and stuff. I had a big piece of 3/8" plate that came with the house when we bought it 10 years ago, and I had most of the other materials on hand as well. I did have to buy some bolts and a couple of shaft collars to adapt the crank handle and the T steering wheel. The spacers are cut from some DOM tubing I had left over from building the suspension bits on my truck. I cut the plates out with the torch and bandsaw, cleaned them up with a grinder and drilled and tapped them. I determined how much room I needed and cut some spacers out of the leftover DOM. Anything would have sufficed really.