Register now to get rid of these ads!

Be cautious on using Fastenal Third Party Logistics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Roadsir, Jun 11, 2013.

1. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Fastenal here said they will not ship any body parts, ever, due to potential damage claims. I tried. Have always had good luck with Greyhound, BenD, and Trulyvintage.

2. manyolcars

manyolcars

Who are you and why are you here?

3. Joe H

Joe H

I used them not long ago and had good success. 800 lbs of odds and engines of engine parts. I made sure to crate them in heavy wood on a good pallet. Large shipping labels on all five sides, so it couldn't be missed plus two inside.

Joe

4. Pete

Pete

I've had fantastic results with fastenall. I shipped pretty large parts from coast to coast with no problems. I always double mark
    Everything. Put a tag on the part itself before it gets packed and put clear tape over the tag just in case it gets wet.

Sucks that the seat got lost but who knows, it may turn up.

I shipped a 55 Chevy posi chuck from Boston to Washington state via greyhound. I received an email from the buyer three weeks later saying he didn't receive it or a phone call notifying him of its arrival. I went on line to check the tracking and every transfer from bus to bus was noted up until the dokotas! Than the trail wend dead. Multiple calls to the destination station were made, they did not answer thair phone,,,, more calls made to greyhounds headquarters only to hear them say we don't know.

Turns out the station in Washington state has 1 person running it!!!!

I finally told the buyer to drive to the greyhound station because they were not answering thair damn phone..

He did and there it was, just sitting on the floor? They never called him or me.

loudbang and kidcampbell71 like this.
  5. ^^aha !! In Dallas ... the late night Greyhound station is smoke filled ala' Qeuntin Tarantino flick. Cigarettes. Dope. Whhhhho' knows ? Same service. My fender was a beautiful sight. As the phone rang and rang away ! Union maybe ........

loudbang likes this.
  6. Rick here sent a coe hood(thank you Rick) from OH to LV NV,it took about 3 weeks+,I was very patient till last week,I started calling about my item,I called the main office in Utah,no answer so I left a message,no call back.
    I called the store that Rick dropped the hood at and they said they'd call me back,hour later I get a call from fastenal in LV,they had "something"
    From OH but no info,so I had to describe my hood.
    I drove up there and it was there undamaged.
    Cost 65 bucks uninsured and just strapped on a pallet..
    Got really lucky I guess.
    As for Spencer Moseley,maybe a spam bot

loudbang likes this.
  7. He is Spencer Moseley and he is here to let us all know he is aware of it.

Try and keep up :D

mike bowling likes this.
  8. 54vicky

54vicky

he is probably lonely or is that looney?

9. gene-koning

gene-koning

I've been pretty lucky, sent stuff through nearly everyone, so far, so good.
    I don't use UPS much anymore. My shop used to be next door to one of their stores. The way packages moved from the belt to the back of the trucks was enough for me to quit using them for anything I shipped, and their insurance is a waste of money.
    Greyhound closed the local depot, so now I'd need to drive 30 miles, to the center of Rockford (in a not very nice neighborhood) to get anything from them.
    Fastenal has been pretty good, but they won't take any body parts anymore, and there is a weight limit here in our town.
    I've used Speedy before, if you stuff travels within their area, they are a good bet.
    Ben D has been flawless.
    I send most small stuff out US Post Office and have had pretty good luck.

That all said, I try to box stuff tight, with lots of padding, a couple address labels, and the box is almost covered with shipping tape. Shipping stuff still causes anxiety for me. I like to hear from customers that their packages have arrived safely. Gene

stillrunners likes this.
  10. Black Panther

Black Panther
    from SoCal

I've used Fastenal a few times with good results. They told me they won't ship body parts as they'd likely get damaged. At least they were up front about that. Prices are cheap...and I always use a Mark A Lot marker and put my name..phone number...where/who it's going to and phone number...in case their tracking label comes off..

11. I'll never use FedEx again. I once shipped a Wilson volleyball to my grandson and it never arrived. It was found several years later floating in the Pacific ocean. My guess is some FedEx employee stole it.
    :)

12. mike bowling

mike bowling

X-2

13. I worked for UPS for a few years......don't use them or package it WELL !!!!!!

14. Lebowski

Lebowski
    BANNED

LOL Out of that whole plane load of packages only one was ever delivered and that was by some guy named Chuck and it was 4 years late.... :D

15. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's been over three and a half years since it was shipped. I'd bet against it showing up.

16. brasscarguy

brasscarguy
    from seattle

I sold a collection of Carter BB-1 updraft carburetors to a collector in Cleveland. He is a regular account holding Fed Ex customer and provided bar code labels and a ship to and from labels.

I put the labels and bar code on the box and took it directly to the Fed Ex terminal not far from my home. The from address was my office in Seattle. The next day my office manager told me that my package had arrived. I was not expecting anything so I went down and checked it out. Guess what it was the box I had shipped to Cleveland the day before.

I took it back to the terminal and suggested they hire a better grade of worker that understood how to read labels and bar codes. Their excuse was they use a second party to ship ground packages and have no control over them, so not their problem and the counter lackey could care less. Typical of most people hired to serve the public.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

57 Fargo likes this.
  17. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

Mr Moseley is aware of those facts!!:D

18. The37Kid

The37Kid

I bought two 1938 Ford fenders and a hood from a HAMB member and had them shipped with Fastenal to a store 45 minutes from me. It went very well. Bob

19. Mister Mosely got deleted....not sure what that was but I didn't want to chance it. Bub bye Spencer.

20. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Spencer Mosley - Banned.
    SPAM BOT from Amanah IT in Toronto.

21. EmpireGarage

EmpireGarage

Hopefully all goes well for me using Fastenal. I have them shipping a 32 ford body from Virginia to Texas right now.

22. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I recently shipped a pair of fiberglass A sedan fenders with Fastenal and everything went fine. They did tell me nothing can over hang the pallet, it all had to be strapped down securely, and they don't deliver to all their stores as many get deliveries from smaller trucks. The stuff I sent had to go to a store about 50 miles from where the purchaser was. Which was a minor inconvenience with all things considered in sending something from NC to the midwest. I have also used Greyhound. Shipped a pair of A doors to Nebraska without problems.

23. The37Kid

The37Kid

I found out that Fastenal has a size limit of 48 inches on any package, so they couldn't ship bobbed '32 rails. I did find R&L Carriers that would, price was reasonable, depot was a little over an hour away in New York. Worked out well. Bob

24. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Geez, I only opened this old thread on the hope that the seat pan finally arrived. Guess not.

25. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Anyone know how to track a shipment using Fastenal? Seller has sent me a CUST PO Number but I can't figure out where to enter it on their website. Everywhere I have tried yields no results. Seller has told me to use [email protected] but the webpage will only pull up order history and such. I have not ordered anything, it's a shipment coming in to a location near me. So I am wondering how I can track it?

Thanks,
    Mark

26. kb cookout

kb cookout

(877) 507-7555 for Fastenal info

What state was it being shipped from ?

MUNCIE likes this.
  27. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Colorado to Texas

28. MUNCIE

MUNCIE
    from Houston

Got the Blue Line Freight tracking number if anyone should come across this in the future, just give them your shipment number. 1-855-798-5695

29. cfmvw

cfmvw

A few years back someone on this forum bought a '32 roadster body shell and had it shipped to his residence. It was in a crate and well insured/documented. The crate never showed up; the shipping company somehow lost it. The insurance company did cover the loss, and the guy eventually found another roadster body. Some months later, a huge crate unexpectedly showed up at his house: the missing roadster body! Apparently the crate got shoved into the back of a warehouse and blocked by other crates, and there it sat unnoticed.

MUNCIE likes this.
  30. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

What is it about slicks/tires, and UPS? Bought some DOT slick from Summit, they sent UPS. I waited, and waited, and finally started looking into it. They said they had delivered them, but they were't anywhere on my property. ?????. I even went into UPS, and raised the roof. At least I got them seriously looking for them. Then, a few days later, the Mother of one of my daughters classmates at the time, showed up on our doorstep asking if I had ordered some "tires"? YES! Well, her daughter had "signed" for them. ?????. I guess she does't know her own name, could't connect the name to our daughter's last name either. This was delivered to a house with the same street number, but nowhere near the same house number. So, I call UPS and explain this to them, that I was going over to pick up the tires. Before I got out the door, UPS calls to tell me "THEY" have found my tires. ?????. I guess the theme here is lie, lie, lie, and then lie some more; anything to get over on the customer. Now, I only use The UPS Store that's close to home; I don't use the shipping center/warehouse/whatever. The house the tires were delivered to, the Father happens to own a De Tomaso Pantera, but that was't the reason the tires went to the wrong house. I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    MUNCIE likes this.