Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Barris Vs. Jeffries

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Mar 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Got that right,12 posts of total whinning bullshit........if you dont like Barris so what I doubt anyone here could give a shit what you (futrabat) really thinks,George has been a nice guy everytime Ive met him over the last 25 years or so,and yeah he is one hell of a promoter..........

2. skywolf

skywolf

Perhaps futurabat's utility belt is a little too tight. Then again he may have had a previous blow to the head with a Batarang. Let's hope he doesn't resort to his Barris Repellant Spray. :eek:

3. Neo Dutch

Neo Dutch
    from OZ

This is true. Mr Burns also wrote a book about Von Dutch. There is also a hand written note from Dutch floating around where he tells everyone that there isn't much that's new in the world and we're all free to copy his stuff.

4. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This whole Barris bash is common to many others. Bad news travels at the speed of light. I'm a fan of all of em and understand fully how it feels to have someone take credit for another's work. I've heard and been directly in contact with some who have taken credit for my work. 1st inner response is "fuck em, I got paid for it" and if I have the chance to, it's funny to ask what they charged for it. I saw a quote once that's pretty wise to this topic. "Integrity shows when nobody's looking." Some of our "heros" had/have a bit more than others. We know who you are. Some of the late in life BS shouldn't erase the positive impacts of their personal history and contributions.

5. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

That's priceless, and I'm sure that's how Dutch felt. He would have been furious at how his name has been commercialized.

6. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I wonder... Is it really appropriate for anyone that wasn't involved with Barris and his controversies to have a personal opinion on them? I mean, I'm 34 years old. I don't know Barris. I wasn't around when the alleged occurred. I don't really know anyone on a personal level that was wronged.

Sure, I've heard rumors and I've heard Jeff tell his side of the story and I love Dean Jeffries from what little I know of him.

Even so, does that give me the right to continue the Barris stories of fraud and misconception?

I don't think it does. I don't think I've earned the right to have an opinion... as even if the Barris stories are true, he's done more for the car world than I have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.