Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barris autograph?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rq375, Jan 2, 2009.

1. rq375

rq375
    from Washington

Has anyone had luck sending items to the shop for autographs? I have an old poster with some of his stuff on it that I would like to get autographed, The issue is that it has Roth cars on it as well and I did get Roth to autograph it about 20 years ago so I am paranoid about loosing it.
    thanks

2. 59KUSTOM

59KUSTOM

Robert Williams poster? I've got the same one, autographed by both, in person, many years apart. I'd call George first. I wouldn't want to lose that one!

3. TomP64

TomP64
    from Vancouver

Barris gets around to several car shows, maybe he'll be in your area? He is up here every year and seems to be enjoying these outings. I've seen him three times in 08 at various shows.

4. boldventure

boldventure

I got Barris's autograph in Monterey this past August.
    He carries his own Sharpie and was very approachable.
    As said above he gets around, I snagged him at the R&M auction.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2009

5. call Barris kustoms talk to Joji

6. Squablow

Squablow

I would check out his show schedule too. I got his autograph on an old R&C little book he was in at a show, real easy going as far as getting a signature.

I wouldn't trust the mail with something like that. If you do call ahead and they're cool with it, be sure to send it with a postage-paid envelope or box to send it back in, to make it easier for them, and so it doesn't cost anything.

I sold a Stude radio delete plate to Crispin Glover (George McFly!) and I sent him a self-addressed stamped envelope with a copy of the eBay description and asked him to sign it. When all they have to do is stick it back in the mail and everything is filled out, makes it a lot easier to do.

7. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

I got Barris"s at goodguys columbus hell do do it for you.

8. karfer67

karfer67

MR Barris is one of the coolest people i have ever met. we first met three years ago when we did the grand opening here at college cyclery. in fact if you go to his website and check out the videos you will see the college cyclery videos where he is talking to me (i am the skinny guy with long hair working on an old bike) then later we are all riding together. then over the last two years he has come to the sacramento autorama to sign autographs. as i said one of the coolest people i have ever met in the industry and still very healthy i think he is 82 years old. you should come out jan 6 to the 8th and have him sign it.

9. He is a very cool guy. Got him to sign my dash at the KKOA show in Kansas this past summer. I would check his show schedule and try to catch him there.

10. 61TBird

61TBird

You made me flinch when I saw the dates for the Sac Autorama! It's February 6th-8th.

I had him sign my ticket stubs for the 50th GNRS at the Cow Palace in '99.
    Super nice guy.

11. turdchazer

turdchazer
    Member Emeritus
    from Spokane

Got a batmobile picc all signed and a pic with him pointing at me batman tattoo.

Attached Files:

12. karfer67

karfer67

oops sorry i hope i did not cause a stampede :confused:

13. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I got to meet him and got his autograph on a couple cars. Meet him in person and have him sign it. It'll mean more. It did to me.

14. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd

he'll sign it...

but be carefull

he will say he built the pen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. I sent my glove box door from my 56 Buick all the way from Australia and he signed it and also included pics of signing it, and he was so generous to include a lot of goodies...I have a very good friend who lives in the States and owns the "Villa Riviera" and knows Barris very well and also knew Ed Roth, Bill just sent me a lot of original hot rod books from the 60's and so many autograph pics/ posters from Barris and a picture of Ed at his last show sticking out his tongue, ...When I was at Gettysburg Kustom Nationals Bill gave me a Rat Fink Belt buckle that Ed Roth's late wife gave to Bill at his wake...I will keep it for ever....

16. rq375

rq375
    from Washington

Thanks for the tips, unfortunately the only event in my area is an auction, and the auction people say he will be on stage when his stuff is auctioned but not working the floor.

I did meet Barris about 25 years ago in Spokane and got a signed photo of the Batmobile.

When I got the poster signed by Roth, I was walking through the parking lot at the Seattle Goodguys, saw a guy walking the other direction and told my dad: "holy shit, that's Big Daddy Roth", he signed my poster, and sold me some Rat Fink items, all the time acting like he had known us for 100 years. Saw him later inside and he remembered us and gave us a rundown on what he had on display. It was probably just his way of doing business, but it sure made a big impression on me (I was probably about 15 at the time).