Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Barnstomers VSC and my son build a rail for TROG

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RileyRacing, Oct 11, 2019.

1. It's been a long time since I've posted here, and finally I have something worthy of posting.

Early this summer, I got a text from my friend and clubmate, Kevin Carlson (aka CrazyUncleHarry) saying to give him a call. It was in regards to a discussion he had with fellow Barnstormers club mates regarding my 18 year old son, Michael, and how they felt he should represent the latest generation of hot rodding. He met several of them at the Rolling Bones open house, where I was temporarily KOed by a kidney stone after driving out from Detroit. Kevin and the guys were impressed by his demeanor, his respect and his willingness to learn about how hot rods are built, so they decided to donate the parts to build him a drag rail for TROG.

It was definitely a learning process for us both, as I never really messed with early Ford pieces. The best I can say is it's like sex- you can read about it, study about it, think you know all about it, but until it's actually done and over with, you'll muddle your way through it doing the best you can.

Huge shout out to ALL my Barnstormer club mates, Mel and the Oilers, General Gow (for the use of his shop) and all of the people who stopped by the Aquarius parking lot to help, cheer us on, and generally just hang out and make the week/weekend special. Especially that guy from the Days Inn that brought down the plate of nachos on Friday night. They were killer, man!

Enough rambling, here's some pics of the newest addition to the family, "The Broke Ass Rail".

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hfh, RMR&C, JUNK ROD and 5 others like this.
  2. boy_named_sue

boy_named_sue
    from Dayton, OH

3. catdad49

catdad49

That's pretty Cool!

RileyRacing likes this.
  4. JUNK ROD

JUNK ROD

Congrats!!!!!

RileyRacing likes this.

5. eMachine

eMachine

Glad to have seen it go down the beach!

RileyRacing and chryslerfan55 like this.