Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barn Find? well...sorta.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kgriff, May 21, 2009.

1. kgriff

kgriff
    from CA

It's not a barn, it's a very old and tiny one car garage. And it's not a find as I've known about it for as long as I can remember. The story is a little fuzzy as well. I way I remember it being told was that my father was 11 when he bought this car and the old garage was being used a a chicken coop at the time. He could use the old garage if he cleaned it out. He did, and in the garage this car went. If that's the way it happened the year would have been 1955. My uncle can't remember for sure what year the car went into the garage but seems to think sometime between 58' and 62'. My mother swears the car was already in there when she met my father in 61'. So who knows for sure. The only parts to this story that I know for sure is that it's still there, or a least it was this afternoon. It's almost totally stock except it has a dropped axle and someone had started the conversion to juice brakes but never finished(front only). It's got steelys on the back but that's it. It was on it's way to being someone's hot rod. Well the old man found a 40 Ford 4door that he drove through high school (wtf) and went through at least a dozen other old Fords and hot rods,but those are stories of there own. He died in Dec. of 2000 and left me with a bunch of crap, including this car. I sure do miss him. What kind of car, you ask? Come on now, I know you looked at the pictures already.

Attached Files:

2. James427

James427
    BANNED

Wow. Had it since 2000 and still left it sit in the damp and dirt for another 10 years? WTF!

3. mackster

mackster

NICE!!!!! ooh and I did not look at the pictures until I read the story. your dad died in 2000 and you just got the car out?????

what you planning to do to it? what was your dads original plan for it?

4. mackster

mackster

some one beat me to the question. . . .

5. neo_pop_71

neo_pop_71

C'mon, clean that thing off and let's see what you've got. It's not everyday one of those just pops up out of blue. Do your pops proud, finish it, it'll be cathartic and the new family jewel to pass along through the family. Makes me wish I had my dad's old Merc.

You're lucky to have this opportunity, don't sell it!

-DON-

6. 343w

343w

Time is not on your side dude, get it out and restore that "rodney". Make it in memory of dear old dad.My dad's first car was a new 1940 Ford tudor, I built one in 1978 and let my dad drive it, he said I messed it up by putting a 327 chev. v8 in it, ha,ha! It was a blast seeing my dad in my 40 Ford! He's gone on to the promise land now, but I still have the memories..Isn't that what all this is about folks, "thanks for the memories".....

7. abone1930

abone1930

Yea you need to drag it out and do something with it. Looks like a nice 33-34 ford 5 window. You sure want have any problem selling it if you dont do anything with it. :)

8. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

wow wow wow ! drag that sob out and get her cleaned up and runnin !

9. 18n57

18n57

"33 Ford model 40" Cool story...get that thing out in the light and git 'er goin' OR sell it to me..cheap:)

10. Zurekbrau

Zurekbrau

Hey that looks like my car but more stock.

Rich

11. Sprcheese

Sprcheese

Holy crap. its been sittin there for 9 years and you havent touched it!! Like 99% of people on this board I couldn't have waited 9 days before i started to tear into it. Wish my dad hung onto his '32. Get to work!

12. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Someone needs a swift kick in the balls for having left that in a damp garage for the last 10 years. I'm guessing the Chev's in your avatar are yours? One would be living on the front lawn in a heart beat to put that 34 in a nice garage!

13. If it's been in that garage for 50 years, it can't be too damp or it wouldn't be in such good condition. Don't know what part of Cali this thing is in but much of it is VERY dry & arid.

Damn guys, quit hatin' & chill out.

Kgriff, cool car. Post more pics if you ever drag it out.

JH

14. James427

James427
    BANNED

Hatin? It's not hatin it's like "OMG WTF Dude!" It's like having Eva Laongoria or Kara Monaco sitting in your bedroom waiting for you and you let her sit there for 10 years without going in there and Bangin her!!!

15. And it's still sitting in that shed...why, again?

16. Kerry67

Kerry67

Right, I would have been all over that when I was a kid if it were my dads.

17. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Well I, for one, would have been driving that around a long time ago if it were left to me, but who am I to judge? Nice find! Now get it outta there and get it runnin!:D:D

18. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Ditto : I think this cat has some underlieing ( spell ? )issues with his family or something.
    To be on this site and have a car like that sitting in the wings WTF
    Fess up you can tell us we'll talk you through it. SAVE THAT TIN your dad would be proud. Good Luck

19. I'd take Eva Longoria over that coupe any day.

JH

20. Nice garage find! Take pics as you work on it. I wish I had on mine. All I have is a few before and afters. Still need that paint job tho.
    Have fun with it.

Last edited: May 21, 2009
  21. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Guys, the following line in his post might be giving a clue regarding some underlying issues:

"He died in Dec. of 2000 and left me with a bunch of crap, including this car."

"including" implies that he considers this car crap as well, and probably doesn't have any emotional attachment to it, even though it was his father's car.

Sometimes good things happen to unappreciative people, this appears to be an example of that.

22. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

really ought to sell it to someone who appeciates it. if my pop had a coupe like that in the garage I'd have started bugging him to give it to me or get it running at somehere around the age of 7.

he would have had to beat me out behind the wood shed to make me stop. even then i wouldn't... I'd just learn to run fast.

23. BruceVE

BruceVE
    from Sacramento

If your in NorCal, PM me and I'll help you drag that crap out of the garage and get rid of it.

24. It doesn't imply that at all. It implies there's a lot of other stuff to deal with. None of you know the circumstances, and even if you did it's not your place to judge, so go play shrinky dink somewhere else.

Kirt,
    Let me know if I can help you at all. I'm usually in lovely Jamestown on Tuesdays anyway, volunteering at Railtown.

Thanks,
    Kurt

25. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Something more to this. Re-read his org post and he says WTF when he speaks of his dads high school ride. A 40 Ford how cool would that be as your ride?
    Dude I think your in the wrong place here. You got issues son!!

26. plodge55aqua

plodge55aqua
    from Alberta

27. gotra66

gotra66

If he thinks its all junk, he is in the wrong place. He did not give a timeline of the cars. I got the impression that his father had this coupe in the coop, and chose to drive a 4 door 1940 Ford instead. If my father chose a four door over a 2 door coupe, I would say WTF also.

28. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Good point gotra66 maybe I didnt read that deep my bad. Still something amiss here.

29. junkcad

junkcad
    from nashville

i hate these threads.......... SELL IT TO SOMEONE WHO WILL PUT IT BACK ON THE ROAD!! still sitting for 10 years?

30. 2-TONED

2-TONED

i like seein barn finds (even if its not really a barn) i could look at em for hours!!
    thats a GOOOOD car!
    leave it sit until your ready & then tear into it. maybe pull it out & clean it up & then put it back.
    a 33 DeLuxe 5 window. i hope the garnish moulding & hood are there i dont see them in the pics.

Last edited: May 21, 2009