Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barn Find! Pontiac Wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tin Indian, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Tin Indian

Tin Indian

Check this out. So one of my buddys calls me up and tells me that theres this pontiac wagon for sale up on ebay and the car is from my home town. Ive been hunting a early 50s pontiac wagon for a while. I never thought that I would find one in the same town that I live in. So I email the guy to see if I can get a phone number out of him. Really interested in the wag but I dont like bidding on things on ebay without looking at them. I know too many that have been burned. Sure the pictures looked good, but what can you tell from a picture. So 2 days go by and still no word back from the guy.
    Im going nuts. mad that I cant get a hold of this guy and the auction is up in like 36 hours. So finally the nite before the auctions up, he emails back with a the guys name and number. Damn, too late to call that nite, had to wait until the morning. less than 8 hours before the auctions over, I get a hold of the guy and he says, sure, come on down and we'll have a look.
    Me and my old man jump in the car and head on over. Real nice guy. Says he has 23 cars that hes just holdin on to, but because of health reasons it was time to thin the heard. So, we follow him out to this barn where some of them are parked. Old barn, out in the middle of nowhere'sville and what you see is what you get.
    Your tin radar would have had to have been on super strength to find these rides. So he opens the door andwe fire her up and pull the wag out into the sunlight. We give her the run down and she is lookin fine. Southern Steel, all original, just one or two areas that need attention. Patina you couldnt buy anywhere. The only thing I didnt care for is someone pulled the original straight 8 and dropped in the combo platter. 350/350. But she did run and drive, so I care, but Im happy it drives. Ill get a pontiac motor in there someday.
    I cant believe that this car has been just sitting in a barn. The body was super solid and I must have her. So me and guy lean in on the hood, start crunchin numbers, next thing you know , money changed hands and I m sitting there with the pink slip. Just 2 hours before the end of the auction. Right place, right time, cash in hand. No Bullshit. gets it done everytime.
    Just goes to show, that there are some good cars still out there just waiting to be found.

Attached Files:

2. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

tailgate looks solid. that is the main item on the old wagons to make sure are good., the rest are easy to fix..

3. jlouie

jlouie

Nice find. Sometimes you never know where they'll pop up. Good job on snaggin it. :D

4. Blades

Blades
    from Chicago

MAN! That's a find and a half. Good for you man! Have fun with it and keep us posted!

5. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Congrats, looks sweet...

6. Tin Indian

Tin Indian

Got married last year and we took the 55 pontiac in my avatar to the grand canyon and back on rt 66. Now im expecting my first kid in August. Im hoping that by the time hes 7 or 8 I can take the whole family back on a similar road trip. See america the way youre suppose to! One back road at a time

7. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

Mannnnnnnnn that thing is excellent shape and RUNS!!!!!!! Conrads on a great find.... Killer wagon for sure.......

8. 53mercury

53mercury

Nice score. A 455 poncho in there would be way fun. Would you know if the 59 Chev is for sale? Mike

9. sweet story with a happy ending..... nice start

10. Great score ! Love youe 55. My first car a 56 back in 63. Paid $395.!

11. Pretty cool story, must be Karma!

12. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My buddy was bidding on that car. He's pissed.

Not really, but I'm curious. Were there any bids on it?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  13. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

If that's you in the white T shirt, you look real pleased with your self. You should.
    The whole bunch 'o you folks look happy, even the dog.
    Sounds like a real good day.
    The ol injun looks straight and solid too.

14. FormerFueler

FormerFueler

15. dmikulec

dmikulec

And that's why I no longer bid on any vehicles on eBay. I've had two cars walk away in the same manner in the past, same story, without warning... "oh, I'm sorry. I just sold it locally". :rolleyes:

16. Wow! Lucky find!! Congrats!

17. 61falcon

61falcon

my Lab always has a toy in her mouth too. and nice find!

18. dragsta

dragsta
    BANNED

excellent find. now hook up the airstream and load up the family and go camping.

19. Do the tail lites pivot when the gate is open?

20. slammed

slammed

Dang fine score fella!

21. Start playing

Attached Files:

22. speedyb

speedyb
    from socal

Thats sweet,congrats

23. SOLO

SOLO

Nice! Wagons are cool!

24. lowkroozer

lowkroozer

How about a fresh rebuilt 350 Pontiac motor for that wagon ? I got one. 330 718 2109

25. Toptinman

Toptinman

Damn, and I was gonna snipe a last second bid on 'er! j/k! Nice score!

26. 51 BIRD

51 BIRD

Complete with skirts and a visor! Coool Deal!

27. A "tin woodie" no less! Score!

28. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

Just tell everyone it's a Canadian Pontiac.:D A SBC with early speed parts look pretty cool.

29. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Absolutely a great find !!
    I love those tail/back up lights and how they work on the tail gate...
    Really a neat car...good for you !!!

30. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Good for you, can't wait to see it on the road! (with mama and baby inside!)