Register now to get rid of these ads!

Barn find 40 ford coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TANNERGANG, Sep 18, 2012.

1. slowmotion

slowmotion

Maybe the shops were IN barns....:eek:

2. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Ok......................It's a SHOP FIND......come to think of it, I knew about it all these years, so I guess it's not a find....I'll call it a KNEW ABOUT '40 FORD COUPE.......I guess it's like a traditional is only one spray can of flat black from being a rat........hehehehe

3. papa's 39 koop

papa's 39 koop

a 312 y block with 3-2s and 4speed would look nice

4. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

A lot of people will argue this point, but I think that's why so many guys go the SBC route. THEY COST HALF AS MUCH as any other motor to build!! I'd love something other than the SBC in my coupe, but 30 years ago when I started building my coupe as a 14 year old kid, as much as I would have liked to keep the flathead or put a hemi in it, I couldn't afford it. It was also in the "Billet years", so even if could have, I probably would have put a small block chev in it anyway!! Hell, I'm just lucky I was able to keep my Dad from talking me into putting a 302 Ford in it!!

Anyway, looks like it probably got most of it's mods done about 1985.. Some of those interior parts unfortunately very look familiar......

5. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Your in the wrong hobby if you think old cars are inexpensive
    Cheap guys screw up more nice cars than anybody .... just sayin

6. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

just drug another home tonite--6th coupe since 03---will tear into it after a month or so

7. big vic

big vic
    from cary il

yeah what he said

8. JEEEEZ! Idiots everywhere I guess.

9. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

If not settling for the boring make me an idiot in your eyes … I wonder who the real idiot is.
    FO BTW

10. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Funniest thing I've seen posted in ages. No idea.

11. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Small blocks also come in Ford blue..........

4TTRUK

12. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I'm basically going to build it according to what I want......I see too many guys with mega bucks build cars and the only thing that gets used is their arm waxing it and loading it in a trailer.....My opinion on having a Hot Rod is.............If you have a Hot Rod and your not driving it is like being married to Dolly Parton and never unbutton her blouse. I like NICE but I also like Driveability......all my cars are driven rain or shine and everyone of them have been Cars of the Month at our local cruises and some have been in spot magazine shots at Goodguy shows....all of that and a dollar will also get you a cup of coffee.....hehehe.....I enjoy the fellowship and looking at a $2000 car someone has put together and the workmanship in a $250,000 car just as much.......it's all about the cars and enjoying them. The hobby of cars has nothing to do with the degree of originality, amount of shine in the paint or how much or how little money was spent to accomplish the vehicle.......It's about enjoying life with automobiles. I've been a car guy since I was a small child pumping gas at my dad's Station...........

13. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

14. USA Tires Sign Joe

USA Tires Sign Joe
    from Western NJ

Good things come to those who wait. Get the thing goin' and drive it! The body is killer!

15. MRTS33

MRTS33

I like the way you think man!!!!

16. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

17. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

WHAT KINDA TRADE OFFERS OUT THERE FOR THE '40?......I'd really like to have a rolling 32 Roadster or a Model A on a rolling '32 frame......any takers?

18. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Here's some picture after I got it on the trailer.

Attached Files:

19. Model T1

Model T1

I like you way of thinkin! My wife is a blonde and has been compared to Dolly Parton. Actually her name is Dollie. I unbuttoned her blouse once! Forget the 32. Fix that 40 you've been dreamin about for years. You may never get another chance.
    And-----as another member said----
    Please remove the tilt column! :)
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

20. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Listen if you dont havea minimum of 30,000 in your car its not a hot rod.......its not a cheap hobby and you do it yourself kind of guys are ruining it for those who pay someone else to build it.... Oh and loose tje 85 monte carlo column. You did good it looks like a nice ride. Enjoy it.

21. Model T1

Model T1

WTF ? You guys who write checks to have a rod built are real hot rodders ? WTF?
    If you have to pay someone to build it it's not a hobby. :confused:
    Get out of the Florida sun!

22. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

How do you think the builders of today got into business....wouldn't you think they started out as a DO IT YOURSELF guy?.........I've built many cars in my time and as I got up in age I found I was better off buying a finished car and spend more time in my business......and NO....you don't have to have 30k in a car........I think someone burnt your toast this morning and you just want to start an argument....I have a couple friends building cars in their garages that will be magazine cars.....Remember my avatar......"The truest test of a mans character is how he treats people he don't need"

23. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

:D:DWow I added the smiley face and everything it was meant as a joke. I damn sure dont have nor will ever have 30,000 in a car and all hotrods that count are home built as far as I am concerned. Serious it was a joke I thought the smiley face at the top of my post would be observed. Sorry for the mix up. Also just about everything I mess with is SBC because at least then i will get to drive it one day. Hahaha and I wasnt trying to start an argument. I was making a smart ass comment. I wish I had 30 gs to put in a project cause I would have three nice cars by my standards. By the way I really do like your plans for you 40 thats a great score and its awsome you waited this long to get it. Be cool guys I am o. Your side I am three years deep into my 54 chevy and have about 7000 into including the purchase of the truck. Must be the Florida sun but I have done all the work so far and plan on finishing it myself. You guys make me laugh..... I respect the fact yall got worked up though I would have to of I saw my post by someone else and thought it was serious.

24. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

dude buys a 40 Ford coupe and the only thing people can think of to discuss is the fact that he is putting a SBC in it.

bunch of posers trying to be cool.

25. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Thanks for the reply......I'm a one man sign shop the last 41 years...so you know I'm not rich....hehehe..........I just don't know if I've got another build in me......a few years back it would already be apart and coming back together.......I guess what common sense doesn't slow down, old age does........love them 47-54 trucks also.

26. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

What if I made it a Hybrid........now that would give them something to gripe about.....hehehe

27. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Here it is with Steelies.........

Attached Files: