Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Barn Find 36 Packard 120

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NextLevel, Apr 29, 2014.

1. NextLevel

NextLevel

I came across this 36 Packard 120 today. The owner is clearing out his mothers home since she passed away and trying to sell the property.

Need some help... How much do these go for in this condition? are the parts hard to find to restore?

He said its been in this garage for 40 yrs.

Attached Files:

2. Looks like an easy restoration compared to the stuff I see around here. .. at least there is metal beneath the door handles!

Posted using Full box of Crayons on the Kitchen Walls App!

3. You need to talk to "the Highlander" he seems very informed on these cars

4. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Great start, everything appears there and mostly solid. Love the Packard style grill shell.

5. alsancle

alsancle

Cool car. If it was a 3 window I would say 20k but the 2 door sedan complete and solid maybe around 10k. If it runs a bit more.

6. gatz

gatz

7. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

a buddy has a 37 Packard roadster with a Cad 500 in it. very high end car. only car I've ever seen with a trunk AND a rumble seat.

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

damn... what else is in there?

9. NextLevel

NextLevel

Not much else relating to cars lol... He is wanting to sell but first he needs to pull her out of that crypt!! I will get some better pics once its out and will post them..

10. OneBlackTriumph

OneBlackTriumph
    from SoCal

Yeah, that is a very solid start for a restoration. You should see what some of these guys do to revive a rusted out first generation 240z. This is practically ready to drive compared to them. :p Sweet car.

11. Neat find! I like the 120s, poor mans Packard. Didn't get a lot of respect when they were new but saved the company in the depresion. Looks to be in pretty good shape.

"ask the man who owns one"

12. Johnny Switchblade

Johnny Switchblade
    from Upstate NY

13. iadr

iadr

Jr vs senior Packards. Not the same

This wouldn't be worth more than 25k fully restored (unless it was pebble beach style perfect). Sorry.

Cool car, and well worth restoring.

14. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Nice car. Looks like an easy resto. Will drive nicely and ideal for taking the family with you. Imagine that with a period teardrop trailer behind it! If the brakes and engine give you too much hassle you could resto rod it. Otherwise build it stock if it works. No 350/350 thou. Loads of nicer motivators available. Would be cool with a late fifties Packard V8 and auto!