Register now to get rid of these ads!
Auctions

"Barn find" 1930 Ford coupe, super nice body, sitting since 1960

Discussion in 'Cars For Sale' started by corndog, Oct 28, 2015.

1. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

City: Granger

State: Indiana
    Price: $8500 OBO
    SOLD SOLDI first laid eyes on this coupe 6 years ago, and many of the posted pictures are from back then. I bought the car and brought it to my shop this week. When I first saw the car I wanted to build it for myself. I am too old now for a major project, so I bought it to move along to someone who is looking for a great body to start with. This is a nice unmolested coupe hot rod that has not been out of the barn since 1960, the last time it was licensed and driven.
    Here is the history that I know about it. The guy I bought it from got it in the early 60s from the man who built it as as a 50s hot rod. It was basically stock except for a Model B motor that had a downdraft intake with a Stromberg, an overhead valve conversion, a Mallory distributor, and a header. He is the one who had the white interior done, had it painted burgundy, and put the 16" tires and wheels on it. The guy I bought it from says he never got the Model B motor because he had plans for a V-8. All he ever did to it after he got it was disassemble it, and apart is how I found it 6 years ago. I have put the fenders back on the car just to save room in my garage.
    The body is super nice with a little rust at the bottom of the passenger cowl, and a very small spot of corrosion on the most forward corner of the passenger wheel well. All the glass is good, and all the windows work. Doors latch like they did when new. The trunk lid is great inside and outside. Floors and door bottoms are great. Roof is not filled or chopped. Super nice original grill shell, radiator, and hood. Front and rear fenders are all steel and show no rust or repairs. Chassis is all original with stock crossmemebers, stock steering column, stock transmission, stock front axle and rear axle. The wheels are '35 Ford on bias ply tires with fat white porta-walls. I have all garnish moldings and a super nice dash rail and gauge cluster. I have the re-upholstered seat, door panels, and carpet that was done in the 50s. The car has a clear Michigan title.

Old coupes that have been in dry storage for many years, unchopped, all steel, and in such great shape are becoming increasingly difficult to find. This one has not been cut up or messed with so you dont have to un-do what others have done or go looking for missing parts. I am selling everything that you see and WONT sell just the body or just the whatever. Its all or none! The car rolls and steers for easy loading on a trailer. It is located in northern Indiana near South Bend, 90 miles from Chicago, 130 miles from Toledo, Ohio and 3 hours north of Indianapolis. I can be reached by email at [email protected] or you can call or text me at 574-340-3686.
    Price drop ro $8500! Would like to move this before winter comes...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
  2. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

still for sale

3. corndog

corndog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Indiana

price drop to $8900