Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical banjo axle widening?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 3blapcam, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Just got back on.If you are going to change rearends I might be interested in the banjo>Webb.

2. redo32

redo32

I must be having a bad day. At my age I don't have time to be nice, I stated earlier that sometime you have to tap a guy on the shoulder & say " Your an Idiot!". At least it's painted & you've got nice seats.

3. 3blapcam

3blapcam

That makes me chuckle. Thanks... I needed that. I take it that grammar is not your forte!

And, see post #30 of this thread.

3blap.

4. Here's your news flash.
    It's not about bump steer or geometry.
    When the pitman arm hits the ground or anything on the road surface your steering is ineffective.

Another news flash.
    When the frame or part of the frame hit the ground you aren't in control or steering the car, the grind of the frame and road surface are.

Another news flash.
    I was correct,
    when your car gets out of control, who ever else gets hurt is of no concern to you, since you're already fucked up what do you care.

Here's one more news flash -
    You've got no idea of what I'm saying or why & that's scary.

3blapcam, wbrw32 and gimpyshotrods like this.
  5. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

6. Have your rear offset changed. Its not that hard to have done.

I don't think the axle thing is possible,or at least be in any way cost effective.

I don't think the car is that bad.it's a little lower than I'd have,but it still doesn't look bad.I don't see how you don't have bump steer tho that steering angle looks substancial

7. redo32

redo32

Thanks for the grammar lesson. Your..You're.. sound the same (it's more a reflection of my typing skills)..and you got my message. Glad this old fart made you chuckle. ...... I checked your profile. I've got to admit that from my prospective your car leaves a far different impression of you than your profile. You're about 10 years older than I thought. You're better educated... a tutor (hence the grammar lesson) and you have what I would call a pretty good job. And you've been on here 4 years longer than me.(than I have... another grammar lesson) Your a Traditionalist and you would call me a Street Rodder (not a Gold Chainer). I like primer because I'm too lazy to wax. My favorite hot rod is my '48 Ford pickup. Went to a rod run in it when you were 2 years old, rebuilt it in 1981. It was low but only the headers dragged on the speed bumps. I called it a refugee from the wrecking yard, Chevelle clip, 350, T400 with a stick overdrive unit adapted to the back of it, a Pinto gas pedal, some Vega parts I won't mention, a Buick positrac rear end and a Dodge van gas tank. 40 gallons, it was built to drive, and we did. Louisville and back, 4500 miles in 2 1/2 weeks.(Passed through Amarillo in a rain storm, but stopped at the Big Steer for a steak). A rod run in Yellowstone,pulled the bike to Sturgis and finished the week in Dickinson N.D. Got an award for best unfinished. Pissed me off.....What's wrong with primer. It's been in 22 western states, B.C. and Alberta. It's sitting in the south 40 waiting for another reinCARnation. Years ago my buddies came back from Paso Robles and said "Red! Rat Rods are IN. Your truck is in style."

Yet I have trouble understanding your desire to build what you refer to as a "traditional" hot rod. I grew up in the 60's our traditional cars were Model A's jacked up in the back and '55 Chevy's jacked up in the front. American Graffiti style. I often think I'm out of place here, but there is so much information and the willingness to share that info from a bunch of great guys, that keeps me around.

3blapcam and Hnstray like this.
  8. Sorry you feel that way about life,,,I personally dont care if you ride in a death trap,My concern is for all the other drivers on the road..me included....Make you car safer before you worry about a little wheel rub on your body...and maybe start caring about your fellow man ...DORK