Register now to get rid of these ads!

Back in Black! rpu build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dodgerodder, Apr 12, 2009.

1. really bad ass truck.....

2. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

It looks like you're getting to the fun part , finally seeing all of your hard work taking shape . look'n good !

3. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Thanks a ton guys, I really appreciate! I am so glad to be able to actually assemble stuff for the last time finally. I am also REALLY relieved that the firewall painting went without issues. I was really worried that I would screw that up somehow & have to redo it:eek:

4. Dan the firewall is going to be perfect for your truck. It is thinking things through like that which are really making this build exciting to watch unfold.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  5. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

I'm liking the firewall in white Dan, looks very cool.
    Your getting to the nice bit of car building now, Always nice to see the home stretch.

6. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Really like the work you are doing. Nice to see something well thought out. Gary

7. Good choice shooting the firewall white.

8. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Yes it really breaks up the black. Bitchen job on that firewall.

9. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Guys, thank you all very much, I really appreciate! I am really having fun put things together things finally, it is a nice change of pace over sanding.

I am excited to get the doors on it too. I ordered some Steele weatherstrip today, so I can get the doors put on this weekend:D

10. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Awesome! Lookin' good, Dan! You're gettin' REALLY close now!

11. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Well me & dad had a really fun & productive weekend, we really got lots done. We got both doors mounted. The we mounted up the bearclaw assemblies, & adjusted both doors. They open & close effortlessly. We also got the weatherstripping installed on both doors, as well as the outside door handles. Here's a few pics of that stuff:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We also got the door sill plates installed, as well as the brake pedal & gas pedal:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then we also got my flip-up fuse panel installed. This will make it way easier to install & maintain than hanging upside-down under the dash the get @ the fuse block. Here's pics of it folded down, & up:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I cut a piece of 3/4" thick black starboard to go on the backside of the flip-up fuse panel. This way I can mount my relays & a ground bar on this & keep all the wiring in one place.

I am really excited with the progress. There is light at the end of the tunnel! Thanks for looking guys!

Dan

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  12. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Hey Dan - Looking good. It's all coming together ..... albit a left pedal on the floor!!!

But nice just the same.

Paul

13. oldrodder43

oldrodder43

GREAT work! I like the satin finish. You've come a long ways since..............(hey Dan, are you sure you don't want to turn this into a 4 door?)

14. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Seeing the contrasting textures and colors come together, they really work nice, Dan!...awesome job, and thanks for the update.:cool:

15. looking

looking

I cant wait to see this on the road in this neck of the woods.

16. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

every thing looks first class!!!! nice attention to detail

17. Keeps getting better and better Dan! Can't wait to see the next step.

18. That's a well thought out "Under dash" I like what you've done!

I've seen and have been guilty of "cobbling" this area up on many cars and a clean install makes it easier for repairs and changes...! (sorry BCR!;))

19. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

Stunning, she's come a long way and looks great!!

20. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Paul, it's got a manual valve body, does that count?:D

About wanting to turn this into a 4 door (or anything else), I can answer that in 1 word:
    NO:D
    Me & my dad were laughing about this the other night, he asked me the same question. Thanks for the nice words

I'm hoping that the hot pink graphics will add the perfect finishing touch..............:p
    Thank you Keith, I really appreciate

Man that makes two of us! I am really excited for that

Thank you! It's getting there, it's really nice to put things on for the last time finally

Thank you for that. I get more excited with every part I bolt on it. I feel like a kid @ Christmas:D

I have been guilty of the same, believe me. There is so little room under there to begin with. I am going to wire the body with the cowl to panel off. That will make life WAY easier than hanging upside down under the dash.

Many years ago I used to install marine electronics for a living. This really forced me to try to make things somewhat easily serviceable down the road. I really don't miss crawling in the bilges of boats anymore:eek:

Thank you my friend! How is your project coming along btw??

21. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

How could you not like flat black when it's done that well. Looks killer man...I love it and think that's the perfect color!!!

22. Racrdad

Racrdad

Looks awesome! Been subscribed to this thread since near the beginning and always look forward to seeing more. Hope I can achieve your level of quality of build someday.

23. The37Kid

The37Kid

How is it possable to LIVE ON THE HAMB as I do and miss this build? Outstanding workmanship, I plan on going back and studying that cowl mounted pedal assembly. Thanks for all the postings!

24. farmer12

farmer12

Still looking very impressive. This build thread is certainly an inspiration for me, keep up the fantastic work!

25. striper

striper

Looks like I've missed a bit. Looking great Dan.

Pete

26. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

It looks killer Dan. You attention to detail is amazing.

27. retro rodder

retro rodder
    from cape cod

28. I thought this update would have the first drive video!

29. Zack Methvin

Zack Methvin
    BANNED

dodgerodder..............You do some awesome work my friend. Very very nice job!

30. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Very well thought out....looking killer.